+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse open work permit

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
Hello! To apply for Spousal OWP, why is it required to "show ties to home country"? Also, what constitutes as ties, what kind of documents would they want to see?

Another question is, he hasn't lived in his home country for over a decade and have lived across multiple countries and is currently on a Dependent Visa (outside of Canada).

Your responses are much appreciated!
For a spousal application, there are no such requirements. Just fill up the forms requires by IRCC and upload them. Thats all

powereng1982

Jun 4, 2021
Canada
I am sorry i should have been little more clear. I am going to apply for work permit and was hoping to apply for family too so that i can take them along with me. But i heard from one of my friend that if i apply for my spouse since she is not currently working, there may be chances of rejection. My NOC skill code is A.
Nothing to worry. You both should apply at the same time, she will get her open work permit approved. For open work permit, any previous education or work experience is not required.

rajns

Star Member
Jan 28, 2022
The work permit processing times show a continuous decline for India. Now it's 14 weeks. However, not many posts here on approvals. Wondering how accurate these are.

Harsh37

Sep 7, 2022
You should enter at the same time as your spouse since your work permit is dependent on hers. Risky for you to go earlier and alone.
Okay, one more query, can her employer reduce the salary on which closed work permit is processed of my wife originally ?