+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse open work permit

sakuragichian

Sep 7, 2020
Hi guys

I have question regarding my wife open work permit, I already got valid work permit which will be expired in April 2021, but I head back to my country due to COVID outbreak, I plan to travel back to Canada in Jan 2021, by then my work permit is valid less than 6 months before it's expire, in this case, can my wife get her open work permit at the airport ? we have all the approved documents , employment contract , authorization letter from IRCC and POE

Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi guys

I have question regarding my wife open work permit, I already got valid work permit which will be expired in April 2021, but I head back to my country due to COVID outbreak, I plan to travel back to Canada in Jan 2021, by then my work permit is valid less than 6 months before it's expire, in this case, can my wife get her open work permit at the airport ? we have all the approved documents , employment contract , authorization letter from IRCC and POE

Thanks
So your wife has an approved open work permit with employment contract & authorization letter or you. If not, Have you even applied for her permit? If she doesn’t have a work permit and only visitor visa, she needs written authorization to travel. See the website to get authorization letters. Plus you need a 14 day quarantine plan.

sakuragichian

Sep 7, 2020
So your wife has an approved open work permit with employment contract & authorization letter or you. If not, Have you even applied for her permit? If she doesn’t have a work permit and only visitor visa, she needs written authorization to travel. See the website to get authorization letters. Plus you need a 14 day quarantine plan.
Hi

I have valid closed work permit with my employee, she got her spouse work permit approved with POE , visa stamp and authrozaition to travel, she needs to get her open work permit at the airport when we arrive , I just afraid if my permit is less than 6 month when we enter Canada, will officer raise question for my wife open work permit even though we got all the plan included 14 days quarantine plan

2nd question , in this case, can she holding work visa but enter as visitor ?

Thanks for your time, I appreciate it :)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi

I have valid closed work permit with my employee, she got her spouse work permit approved with POE , visa stamp and authrozaition to travel, she needs to get her open work permit at the airport when we arrive , I just afraid if my permit is less than 6 month when we enter Canada, will officer raise question for my wife open work permit even though we got all the plan included 14 days quarantine plan

She should get it at the airport with the proper document. As long as she has the written authorization to travel, she can enter with you. I assume you have a job on your closed permit.

Rick2212

May 4, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC
Hi

Dont worry my wife got work visa for 1.5 months and work permit for just 1 month(at airport).

Rick2212

May 4, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC
I'm glad to know!! Do you mean you have valid work permit with just 1 month left and still your wife got her work visa at the airport ?

Cheers
So i applied for sowp in feb 2020 when i had work permit till sept 2020.
Got approved for sowp last week of july 2020. wife traveled to canada in mid august.

Chahat1995

Star Member
Mar 17, 2020
Finally got the authorization letter to travel on SOWP.
Applied for authorization on Nov 04th
Approved on Nov 24th.
They took 14 business days.

Reactions: cj7

Meg678

Nov 24, 2020
Hi,

I am in a similar situation. How do you get the authorization letter to travel? Is it the same authorization letter as the one for family reunification?

cj7

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
TORONTO
Finally got the authorization letter to travel on SOWP.
Applied for authorization on Nov 04th
Approved on Nov 24th.
They took 14 business days.
hey did you actually put an application already for SOWP before applying for authoriztion? and do you know if SOWP works for a spouse who is pr and not on OWP. thanks.

Sinu001

Dec 3, 2020
Hello,
Did anyone apply for spouse open work permit after August 2020 while staying on visitor visa in Canada?
I need help please!!!!
I have applied for my open work permit in the end of August 2020 and yesterday just got an email from IRCC saying "We're still working on your application."
What does it mean and how long it will take.
Please help me someone...