+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spouse open work permit

param.tiger

Jul 27, 2016
Dear Friends
please help
I am full time student in ottawa canada.
My wife applied for SOWP it got rejected stating insufficient funds.
then we applied visa again with more than sufficient finds but this time in TRV category, it again got rejected without stating any reason.
Can anybody tell me in what category should we apply again SOWP or TRV ?
I guess it should be SOWP.... if that is right then can somebody tell me which forms are required to be filled for SOWP (paper based) ? on cic.gc its very confusing
thanks in anticipation.

Michelle1978

Feb 28, 2017
Hello,

From what I understand you did not provide sufficient proof that you had sufficient funds. Did you provide your bank statements? Are you employed? Did you provide proof of employment, proof that you have an address and that he is living at that address? For the TRV they do need that proof that your spouse will have sufficient funds for the stay and will be residing at a stable address.

The spouse open work permit only works if you have made an application for permanent residence under the sponsorship program. If you have not made an application for permanent residence, than I believe it is not possible to get an open work permit.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
param.tiger said:
I am full time student in ottawa canada.
My wife applied for SOWP it got rejected stating insufficient funds.
then we applied visa again with more than sufficient finds but this time in TRV category, it again got rejected without stating any reason.
Can anybody tell me in what category should we apply again SOWP or TRV ?
I guess it should be SOWP.... if that is right then can somebody tell me which forms are required to be filled for SOWP (paper based) ? on cic.gc its very confusing
There had to be a reason stated for the TRV rejection. You need to find out so you can address that refusal reason as well.

The work permit app is here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-how.asp.

Michelle1978 said:
The spouse open work permit only works if you have made an application for permanent residence under the sponsorship program. If you have not made an application for permanent residence, than I believe it is not possible to get an open work permit.
Incorrect. Spouses of skilled foreign workers and international students can qualify for OWPs.

Ashnasan1

Oct 3, 2017
Helloo members

I would like to apply for spousal open work permit , as my husband is a TRV holder.
My queries are, how much amount should i have to show as proof of funds in bank account . And i dont own any property. So is it possible to show my father’s or my father in laws property for getting property evaluation certificate from a chartered accountant, and can i show gold valuables as well.

Plzz reply mee.
All other required documents are ready .
I am bit confused about this
Plzz help mee