+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit

FaithLoveStrength

Sep 2, 2014
Hello:

I would just like to ask how long would it take for me to hear or see an update from CIC, I applied for OWP online and was requested for Medical. Please see detail below:

Medical Request: Sep 3, 2014
Medical Done: Sep 10, 2014
Medical Received: October 3, 2014.

Please share your timelines.

Thank you.

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
You applied for a Spouse Open Work Permit?

Can I please have the timeline? How long did it take for the Medical Notification? Also, the processing time as per the CIC Website is 55 Days for the whole thing to be completed. You can see how long are you into the application.

FaithLoveStrength

Sep 2, 2014
Thank you AAD for your reply and for the information.

With the info that you have given, I visited the CIC website regarding the timelines and found out that the 55 days is specific for visitor extension (paper application).

Is this the one that you are referring to or do they have the same timelines with OWP? Also would you know what is the average processing time from medical request to visa issuance?

Thank you.

apardhamija

Oct 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2014
Doc's Request.
PCC Req: 13-01-2016 Sent:10-02-2016 , SchedA Req & Sent : 11-02-2016
AOR Received.
20-10-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application.
Med's Request
11-12-2015
Med's Done....
15-12-2015
Passport Req..
06-04-2016
LANDED..........
30-04-2016
Hello,

I applied for my wife's Spousal Open Work Permit online, rejected first as the application form does not give an option to choose Spousal Open Work Permit and was denied stating that you are not eligible, again applied online and again rejected stating the purpose of visit and your personal assets and financial status. However on the online application there is no space to send my documents I have a post graduate open work permit and working in a skilled category, that qualifies my wife but they refused twice without even asking for my documents.

Would it be advisable to do paper application where we can include all supporting documents. Please please help ! Planning to apply third time. will be very helpful if someone can suggest.

FaithLoveStrength

Sep 2, 2014
Hello,

I believe online application may be a bit tricky, however faster according to some people, with that I would suggest for you to have somebody that could assist you in filing if you then decide to use the online application, those that can assist maybe a friend of yours that knows how the online application works or a licensed immigration consultant.

On the other hand, with the paper application you may be able to include all your documents and I believe it is being sent through a VAC (Visa application center) depending on the location or country of residence. You may want to check this out if you are planning to use the paper application.

With regards to the documents, you may want to include every document of yours that will support your wife's application.

As for me, I applied online and is still waiting, I am eagerly waiting and is hoping to receive a positive reply soon. Does anyone know how long does it take from medical submission to visa issuance?

May God bless us and be with us.

Thank you.

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FaithLoveStrength said:
Hello,

I believe online application may be a bit tricky, however faster according to some people, with that I would suggest for you to have somebody that could assist you in filing if you then decide to use the online application, those that can assist maybe a friend of yours that knows how the online application works or a licensed immigration consultant.

On the other hand, with the paper application you may be able to include all your documents and I believe it is being sent through a VAC (Visa application center) depending on the location or country of residence. You may want to check this out if you are planning to use the paper application.

With regards to the documents, you may want to include every document of yours that will support your wife's application.

As for me, I applied online and is still waiting, I am eagerly waiting and is hoping to receive a positive reply soon. Does anyone know how long does it take from medical submission to visa issuance?

May God bless us and be with us.

Thank you.
It normally takes 3-4 weeks after Medical requests. But the general assumption is if you have been requested Medical Exam, then things are good. Unless God forbid there is an issue in the medical results.

I want to apply for either a TRV or an OPW for my wife as well. I was wondering if we share a similar situation. I recently graduated and got a job under a Skilled Category NOC 2132. Do let me know.

FaithLoveStrength

Sep 2, 2014
Hello AAD:

I have seen some who have received approval in just 3 days, while some on almost 3 months and haven't received any update.

Mine is a month now and I haven't received any update. I am thinking if they already reached their quota for this year? Which may be the reason for the lengthy wait?

I am sorry, I actually forgot my spouse's NOC code, but I know that before I apply I haved checked it, maybe because of the lengthy wait and I am also thinking of the OEC/PDOS things after. Some says, it is not needed anymore, while I remember talking to some that it is needed before leaving the country.