+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit Visa rejected under Section 205(c)(ii)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
This is not really true, you can get it as a student provided you have the needed funds and documents
Yes but if the study permit is expiring within 6 months then a SOWP will most likely not be processed. That is why I asked when study permit expires.

tuba_jay

Star Member
Jan 30, 2019
The biggest issue is that you got married durinf your first in person visit and haven't spent a lot of time in person. Although your marriage maybbe genuine this is a very commong way to commit immigration fraud. What will really help is time so you can show that the relationship is genuine. It's unfortunate that having another in person meeting is so complicated. When you reaaply I would highlight that you intended to visit in person but due to covid it isn't possible. If you have life insurance I would put your wife as the beneficiary. Would add your spouse to credit card or other financial documents. In cases of immigration fraud I would assume people would be reluctant to list their "spouses".
Hello,
I would highly appreciate your advice.
We were refused for SOWP in dec 2020 for the reason of ‘ NOC not clear and proof of relationship’
For NOC( we were unable to provide them with roles and responsibilities).
We are planning to apply again but there is one thing which is bothering us.
Our lawyer mentioned the job as NOC A-0911 manufacturing managers. If now we show the same job uder NOC B, will it be consider as misrepresentation?
please help!
Thank you

premkothekar

Star Member
Jun 18, 2020
Before taking any decisions, it is better you apply GCMS notes and understand the actual reason for rejection. Section 205 c (ii) is a common section under which SOWP is rejected. I had the exact same case as you, and with good advice I waited for the GCMS notes which takes around 15-20 days to receive, understood the reason for rejection and re-applied. Thankfully I got it the second time.

What was your specific reason for rejection in the first time? Can you please share the exact reason if you don't mind.

Can you please elaborate what exactly you have submitted 2nd time.

annidiannao

Mar 12, 2021
My visa got rejected under same section but I got it after ,my mistake was I didn't provide my wife college enrollment letter to them and they rejected my application under section 205 c 2 and I think u also didn't provided the same , ask your agent .
Hi. May I know what is the difference between the letter of acceptance (LOA) from the college enrollment letter? So I could look for it or ask my school to provide me if that's the way my family application be approved. They were also refused last Mar 02, 2021, with the same ground of refusal specifically under R205 (c)(ii) - C42. By the way, sir, if you don't mind, in what school does ur wife enrolled?

contactrajesh

Oct 4, 2020
Hi. May I know what is the difference between the letter of acceptance (LOA) from the college enrollment letter? So I could look for it or ask my school to provide me if that's the way my family application be approved. They were also refused last Mar 02, 2021, with the same ground of refusal specifically under R205 (c)(ii) - C42. By the way, sir, if you don't mind, in what school does ur wife enrolled?
Can i know by when did you submit your application.

annidiannao

Mar 12, 2021
Can i know by when did you submit your application.
I lodged their application last January 22, 2021. May I know sir if what is the difference between the enrollment form with the Letter of Acceptance? And if I may I ask, what school does ur wife enrolled? Thank you in advance sir.

annidiannao

Mar 12, 2021
My visa got rejected under same section but I got it after ,my mistake was I didn't provide my wife college enrollment letter to them and they rejected my application under section 205 c 2 and I think u also didn't provided the same , ask your agent .
Hi sir.. may I seek help from you? May I ask what is enrollment form? Is it different with the letter of acceptance? And if I may ask also where your wife enrolled at? How did you do it for the second time? Thank u in advance sir

NP8994

Star Member
Jul 31, 2021
Before taking any decisions, it is better you apply GCMS notes and understand the actual reason for rejection. Section 205 c (ii) is a common section under which SOWP is rejected. I had the exact same case as you, and with good advice I waited for the GCMS notes which takes around 15-20 days to receive, understood the reason for rejection and re-applied. Thankfully I got it the second time.
HI MY VISA REJECTION IS BELOW RESON CAN ANYONE HELP WHAT SHOULD INCLUDE IN THIS.
Applicant does not qualify under the IMP as they provided insufficient information to demonstrate that their spouse is a full-time student in a qualifying program at a DLI in Canada. Refused under R205(c)(ii).

neeljain14

Aug 29, 2022
HI MY VISA REJECTION IS BELOW RESON CAN ANYONE HELP WHAT SHOULD INCLUDE IN THIS.
Applicant does not qualify under the IMP as they provided insufficient information to demonstrate that their spouse is a full-time student in a qualifying program at a DLI in Canada. Refused under R205(c)(ii).
Did you submit letter of enrollement ? that is received once spouse is in the university.

Reactions: NP8994

JAS131313

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019
What was your reason of rejection?

praveenselva

Mar 26, 2023
Hi, can you let me know the reason?

Raptor33

May 10, 2020
Hi, can you let me know the reason?
A spouse open work permit visa can be rejected under Section 205(c)(ii) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) if the visa officer is not satisfied that the relationship between the spouse and the principal applicant is genuine. This can happen if the visa officer has concerns about the following:
  • The length of time the couple has been together
  • The frequency of their visits
  • The level of their communication
  • The financial support each partner provides to the other
  • The existence of any other relationships between the couple
If your spouse open work permit visa has been rejected under Section 205(c)(ii), you will need to address the concerns that led to the original rejection. This may involve providing additional evidence of the genuineness of your relationship.

Here are some tips for increasing your chances of success when applying for a spouse open work permit visa:
  • Provide evidence of the length of time you have been together, such as joint bank statements, tax returns, and travel documents.
  • Provide evidence of the frequency of your visits, such as phone bills, email records, and letters.
  • Provide evidence of the level of your communication, such as social media posts, video chats, and shared calendars.
  • Provide evidence of the financial support each partner provides to the other, such as pay stubs, bank statements, and tax returns.
  • If you have any other relationships, be sure to disclose them to the visa officer.
By following these tips, you can increase your chances of success when applying for a spouse open work permit visa.

praveenselva

Mar 26, 2023
A spouse open work permit visa can be rejected under Section 205(c)(ii) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) if the visa officer is not satisfied that the relationship between the spouse and the principal applicant is genuine. This can happen if the visa officer has concerns about the following:
  • The length of time the couple has been together
  • The frequency of their visits
  • The level of their communication
  • The financial support each partner provides to the other
  • The existence of any other relationships between the couple
If your spouse open work permit visa has been rejected under Section 205(c)(ii), you will need to address the concerns that led to the original rejection. This may involve providing additional evidence of the genuineness of your relationship.

Here are some tips for increasing your chances of success when applying for a spouse open work permit visa:
  • Provide evidence of the length of time you have been together, such as joint bank statements, tax returns, and travel documents.
  • Provide evidence of the frequency of your visits, such as phone bills, email records, and letters.
  • Provide evidence of the level of your communication, such as social media posts, video chats, and shared calendars.
  • Provide evidence of the financial support each partner provides to the other, such as pay stubs, bank statements, and tax returns.
  • If you have any other relationships, be sure to disclose them to the visa officer.
By following these tips, you can increase your chances of success when applying for a spouse open work permit visa.
Thanks a million!

Could you please clarify on below as well?

I am working in Canada with a closed work permit under NOC A. I applied for SOWP at the end of March and the application was refused with the reason "Eligibility for a work permit in this category only applies to the spouse or common-law partner of a work permit holder who is doing work that is at a level that falls within National Occupational Classification (NOC) skill levels 0, A or B." which is incorrect. Tried for reconsideration but no luck. So planning to re-apply for the visa but I would like to know what could be the real reason or what additional documents would help to get a positive result. Kindly help. Thanks in advance!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks a million!

Could you please clarify on below as well?

I am working in Canada with a closed work permit under NOC A. I applied for SOWP at the end of March and the application was refused with the reason "Eligibility for a work permit in this category only applies to the spouse or common-law partner of a work permit holder who is doing work that is at a level that falls within National Occupational Classification (NOC) skill levels 0, A or B." which is incorrect. Tried for reconsideration but no luck. So planning to re-apply for the visa but I would like to know what could be the real reason or what additional documents would help to get a positive result. Kindly help. Thanks in advance!
Just to be clear, you have a closed work permit and your spouse is the one who applied for the SOWP, correct? If that's correct, what documents did you include in the application to show you have closed work permit and NOC A job?