+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse open work permit to close work permit

zyan

Star Member
Mar 30, 2017
Hello, My cousin is in canada now on spouse open work permit, & his wife is on study permit ( up to 31/7/2022) as a international student. But not completed study. My cousin have truck driver license. My cousin can apply close work permit with LMIA ?? which is best route for keep legal status...

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello, My cousin is in canada now on spouse open work permit, & his wife is on study permit ( up to 31/7/2022) as a international student. But not completed study. My cousin have truck driver license. My cousin can apply close work permit with LMIA ?? which is best route for keep legal status...
He can try. If she has no longer studying that is his only option to try and get a WP. If his WP is expiring in July he will have to stop working if he doesn’t have implied status.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
I think if she is not completing her study, then her insitute should have informd IRCC. As this is a requirement for student visa.