+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit taking long to process (applied from inside canada)

JasjotSingh

Nov 19, 2019
Hi All,

I have applied for spouse open work permit on Dec 1,2021 as my current one was expiring on Dec 31 2021 (I made correction on my application on Dec 3 by submitting webform). on applying I received a letter saying "Please attach this letter to your present work permit Number as proof that you are authorized to continue working with the same conditions (ie: employer and occupation) until March 31, 2022 or until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first."

It is already March 23, and I still did not receive/hear anything yet. Is anyone in similar situation as me?
Also If I did not hear anything until March 31 , can I continue to work with my current employer or I have to quit working until I hear anything ?

Last edited:

Yaqmawi

Apr 11, 2022
Hi All,

I have applied for spouse open work permit on Dec 1,2021 as my current one was expiring on Dec 31 2021 (I made correction on my application on Dec 3 by submitting webform). on applying I received a letter saying "Please attach this letter to your present work permit Number as proof that you are authorized to continue working with the same conditions (ie: employer and occupation) until March 31, 2022 or until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first."

It is already March 23, and I still did not receive/hear anything yet. Is anyone in similar situation as me?
Also If I did not hear anything until March 31 , can I continue to work with my current employer or I have to quit working until I hear anything ?
Hi have you got your SOWP?

Yaqmawi

Apr 11, 2022
I have applied for SOWP extension on 8th of December no update yet☹
My husband applied for pgwp on 14 November 2021 got his visa on 6 March 2022.

JasjotSingh

Nov 19, 2019
I have applied for SOWP extension on 8th of December no update yet☹
My husband applied for pgwp on 14 November 2021 got his visa on 6 March 2022.
hi , Yaqmawi, did you hear anything from IRCC, for me there are no updates it is still in processing

-MK-

Star Member
Jun 3, 2020
Canada
Somewhat in similar situation where a new work permit has to be applied and my employer/immigration team did it on Dec 8th. No update as of today

-MK-

Star Member
Jun 3, 2020
Canada
No, but they requested for submission of passport copy again (My passport is expiring next year, so that might be the reason).