London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I understand.
So in other words there is no possibility for them getting a visa now or in the future ?
Yes, they can reapply, but you will need to overcome the "official" objections by submitting a new application that covers all of the points raised by the visa office.
Basically, the visa officer doesn't think that they will return to their home country when their visa expires.

Alica

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
Well the documentation I gave were as follows :
Financial statements
Parents properties as me or wife don’t hold anything our name
All my documents including pay stubs and NOC A letter from my employer
Her previous employment documentations and degree (she doesn’t work anymore due to taking care of the kids )
Marriage proof and kids birth prove
A long app from her side mentioning the reasons to come back home after expiry of my work permit which was pretty much related to family ties only as there aren’t any properties under our name .

I got my pgwp in June came in September got a job in November and applied for their visa in April .

At that time when I applied for my pgwp they weren’t eligible for a visa as I had to have a job in NOC A B O first and I did accordingly and did mention then they won’t accompany me

Alica

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
Secondly one of the lawyers I met suggested I apply for dual intent visa indicating that I would be eligible for PR in 7 months and want my family to be here with me now and they would be part of my PR application but if I go ahead with that that seems to further jeopardize my case even further .
Or is that an option I can proceed with ?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
You provided absolutely no proof of their establishment in your home country. No reasons for them to return. No obligations for them to take care of back home. Just mentioning family ties without some sort of evidence, such as financial transfers or proof of need to care for family, means nothing.

Unfortunately I think that there isn't any validity to what your Ottawa source said. The visa officer likely refused the app because of a weak profile and, as you admit, no provable ties to home.

You likely only got your study permit, given the same profile, because your spouse and child were not accompanying you.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Well the documentation I gave were as follows :
Financial statements
Parents properties as me or wife don’t hold anything our name
All my documents including pay stubs and NOC A letter from my employer
Her previous employment documentations and degree (she doesn’t work anymore due to taking care of the kids )
Marriage proof and kids birth prove
A long app from her side mentioning the reasons to come back home after expiry of my work permit which was pretty much related to family ties only as there aren’t any properties under our name .

I got my pgwp in June came in September got a job in November and applied for their visa in April .

At that time when I applied for my pgwp they weren’t eligible for a visa as I had to have a job in NOC A B O first and I did accordingly and did mention then they won’t accompany me
That would certainly be a reason for the "official" refusal reasons. It's going to be very difficult to overcome, as basically there is almost nothing preventing her from appearing as an overstay risk.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Secondly one of the lawyers I met suggested I apply for dual intent visa indicating that I would be eligible for PR in 7 months and want my family to be here with me now and they would be part of my PR application but if I go ahead with that that seems to further jeopardize my case even further .
Or is that an option I can proceed with ?
There is no such thing as a dual intent visa. Dual intent is a grounds for admission at a point of entry when CBSA questions your admissibility, not as a visa category. It's a good way to be denied a visa.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
You provided absolutely no proof of their establishment in your home country. No reasons for them to return. No obligations for them to take care of back home. Just mentioning family ties without some sort of evidence, such as financial transfers or proof of need to care for family, means nothing.

Unfortunately I think that there isn't any validity to what your Ottawa source said. The visa officer likely refused the app because of a weak profile and, as you admit, no provable ties to home.

You likely only got your study permit, given the same profile, because your spouse and child were not accompanying you.
Agreed. "They" were the ties to the home country.

Alica

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
Well so there no hope forward then ?
Because I can’t buy properties back home due to not having that amount of money to afford one .

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Well so there no hope forward then ?
Because I can’t buy properties back home due to not having that amount of money to afford one .
With that profile, it doesn't look promising. Sorry.

Alica

Star Member
Feb 23, 2018
Thank you for all your guidance.
Seems I need to wrap everything here and catch a flight back home soon then .

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
You can't just buy property for a visa. It's not a magic spell. Property can be bought and disposed of. You need reasonable and understandable reasons to return home to be granted a visa. Think about the reasons why your wife would return home. Why your child would return home.

Your intention obviously is for your wife to join you and wait out a PR application. Why would she have to return home?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Thank you for all your guidance.
Seems I need to wrap everything here and catch a flight back home soon then .
That's a super rash statement. You can wait until you get the GCMS and see what the visa officer said.

I still really want to know what your official sources said and what or who they were. Can you describe them? That's still a piece of this puzzle.