+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit Processing Time after Medical

sujeetdahiya

Star Member
May 6, 2019
India
Dear All,

I need a help from your experiences and current trend going on visa processing.
I applied for SOWP as my wife is in Canada on work permit since Sep'18 under the NOC B,and before that she was on student visa from May'17 to Aug'18.
I applied through paper application on 5th April'19 and got request for medicals on 12th April'19.
Medical Passed on 22nd April, since than it is showing that file is under processing for background check.

I have already submitted the PCC and Biometrics along with my application only. So kindly tell me what is the average time they take after Medicals done.

Thanks In Advance :)

king-maker

May 17, 2019
Yes background check is in Progress and they are reviewing eligibility criteria since last 3 weeks.

Rest everything has been done .
When I can expect the visa ?
With paper based application how did you check the status of your application? Did you link it to online?

Can you please tell me the procedure to link, I'm trying to link my paper based application to online but it's always showing me not found.

Please help.

Singh777

Sep 24, 2019
Hy everyone. How are you all.
I applied for work permit to Canada on dated 16.06.2019 from United Arab Emirates. I gave biometric on dated 18.06.2019 . But still i didn't receive my madical call. Pls let me know how long time after madical come and how long time will take to process work permit to approve my application.

usmanshk

Aug 28, 2019
Dear All,

I need a help from your experiences and current trend going on visa processing.
I applied for SOWP as my wife is in Canada on work permit since Sep'18 under the NOC B,and before that she was on student visa from May'17 to Aug'18.
I applied through paper application on 5th April'19 and got request for medicals on 12th April'19.
Medical Passed on 22nd April, since than it is showing that file is under processing for background check.

I have already submitted the PCC and Biometrics along with my application only. So kindly tell me what is the average time they take after Medicals done.

Thanks In Advance :)
did you get an update? my wife's medical passed on 13 Sept...

Oluwaseunabd

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Hello, does anyone know how long it takes to get open work permit approval? My hubby applied inland since August 23 with upfront medical.. we haven’t gotten any response till date.. does anyone have an idea of what could be the problem.. cic website is showing 8 weeks