+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse open work permit @ Port of Entry

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am flying to Monterial as a transit on my way to USA ,i can land in the canadian airport then check with them if they will allow me to apply for a work permit exempted from LMIA under Francophone Mobility program,your feedback?Thanks
You are connecting not entering Canada. You will not be going anywhere near the immigration hall unless you have a visitor visa to enter. You can ask when you arrive.

Jhonaaq

Star Member
Aug 28, 2021
My canadain visitor visa VH1 is for less than 48 hours stay ,i think wht not apply there as long as i have a job offer with all of the supporting documents ,your advise?Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My canadain visitor visa VH1 is for less than 48 hours stay ,i think wht not apply there as long as i have a job offer with all of the supporting documents ,your advise?Thanks
You said you had a transit visa but you have a visitor visa. So you will need to go through Canadian immigration, enter Canada, and then renter and go through US immigration.

Jhonaaq

Star Member
Aug 28, 2021
I have only canada transit visa is also called visitor visa VH1 for transit purposes and no more than 48 hours so can i apply for a work permit with my job offer Lmia exemption and supporting documents with border staff even iam tunisian ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

Destination1

Apr 23, 2022
Naturgrl , I have already applied 9th weeks ago with my wife and kids and holding business visitors visa which is going to expire in end of this month but my family doesn’t have Canadian visa but we all have US visas , do you think still we can go through by road and can get closed work permit, open work permit and study permit on the border?

Jhonaaq

Star Member
Aug 28, 2021

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
But i will be with border staff leaving the transit area to go to border desks ,is it possible to apply for work permit there even iam from a visa required countries ,Tunisia?will they allow me or they will tell me to return back to home country and apply online?
Sure try it when you are there.

Destination1

Apr 23, 2022
Sure try it when you are there.
Naturgrl , I have already applied 9th weeks ago with my wife and kids and holding business visitors visa which is going to expire in end of this month but my family doesn’t have Canadian visa but we all have US visas , do you think still we can go through by road and can get closed work permit, open work permit and study permit on the border?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Do you have Canadian visitor visas? If not, no. You can’t present yourself at a border without a visitor visa and ask for a study or Work permits.

Destination1

Apr 23, 2022
Do you have Canadian visitor visas? If not, no. You can’t present yourself at a border without a visitor visa and ask for a study or Work permits.
Yes, I have Canada visitor visa and it’s going to expire in end of this month but my family doesn’t have Canada visitor visa.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes, I have Canada visitor visa and it’s going to expire in end of this month but my family doesn’t have Canada visitor visa.
You could try and enter. You may or may not receive it. Your family, no. Your family has no visitor visas nor have approved permits with letters of introduction. Can’t just show up at a border with no documentation.

paul1575

Dec 24, 2022
Does anyone have recent experience of applying spousal open work permit at PoE? I and my wife stay in Canada, we plan to go to US and return by air , at Vancouver or Victoria, I will request for my study permit (new) and wonder if my wife could apply for SOWP together?