+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse open work permit @ Port of Entry

santyrogers

Jun 19, 2020
I’m from India. Recently my company applied visa for me and my family. Few weeks back, I got work permit (NOC A) and my dependants (wife and child) got visitor visa stamped.
Now, at the port of entry is it possible for my wife to get sowp? If so, how to request that?
If it is not possible at the PoE, then how to get sowp for my wife inside Canada?
Kindly advice

AlbertaExpress

Star Member
Feb 20, 2020
I’m from India. Recently my company applied visa for me and my family. Few weeks back, I got work permit (NOC A) and my dependants (wife and child) got visitor visa stamped.
Now, at the port of entry is it possible for my wife to get sowp? If so, how to request that?
If it is not possible at the PoE, then how to get sowp for my wife inside Canada?
Kindly advice
You dont have any problem, your wife will present her PoE letter and get a SOWP.

sandhu70

Dec 1, 2016
I am on visitor status in canada. I am applying for SOWP. I am a student in Germany and just my thesis is remaining which I can submit online. Do I need to mention this while applying?

AlbertaExpress

Star Member
Feb 20, 2020
I am on visitor status in canada. I am applying for SOWP. I am a student in Germany and just my thesis is remaining which I can submit online. Do I need to mention this while applying?
Your work/education history will asked for I guess and you wont want to omit that.

Reactions: sandhu70

sandhu70

Dec 1, 2016
Your work/education history will asked for I guess and you wont want to omit that.
Yes I have provided all the history in imm5710e form (to extend your stay as worker in Canada). Do I need to write this or give any kind of explanation in statement of purpose letter.

AlbertaExpress

Star Member
Feb 20, 2020
Yes I have provided all the history in imm5710e form (to extend your stay as worker in Canada). Do I need to write this or give any kind of explanation in statement of purpose letter.
Since you wont have the opportunity to be before the Case Officer to explain yourself, it will help to do so and make it all self explanatory.

Reactions: sandhu70

pravin86

Jan 2, 2018
Kindly advice
Hi, did your wife get SOWP at POE? If so, please advice the procedure and documents you submitted.

santyroger

Feb 7, 2013
Hi, did your wife get SOWP at POE? If so, please advice the procedure and documents you submitted.
Nope, she didnt got SOWP at the POE. They just got the VISITOR RECORD.
My wife joined me and have applied SOWP inside Canada on Nov 3rd week. No response yet.

Reactions: pravin86

Jhonaaq

Star Member
Aug 28, 2021
Hi,iam from Tunisia,i have a canada transit visa and us tourist visa,i got now a job offer so can i apply for work permit at the port of entry on my way to usa ?what do you advise?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,iam from Tunisia,i have a canada transit visa and us tourist visa,i got now a job offer so can i apply for work permit at the port of entry on my way to usa ?what do you advise?
So you have a LMIA. You need to apply for a closed work permit. You are transiting through to the US so not going through Canadian immigration. You are not entering Canada at a port of entry.

Jhonaaq

Star Member
Aug 28, 2021
So you have a LMIA. You need to apply for a closed work permit. You are transiting through to the US so not going through Canadian immigration. You are not entering Canada at a port of entry.
I am flying to Monterial as a transit on my way to USA ,i can land in the canadian airport then check with them if they will allow me to apply for a work permit exempted from LMIA under Francophone Mobility program,your feedback?Thanks