+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse open work permit got approved ! but Kid visa refused!

aravindshyam

Mar 23, 2022
My Spouse open work permit got approved ! but Kid visa refused! (applied visitor visa for my son)
My Son’s 7 years old kid visa got rejected, saying

• You are required to submit a study permit application for the stated purpose of your trip.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

My wife she is in Canada working in a closed work permit and yesterday my application got approved for SOWP also got passport request letter.
We are in a very difficult and depressed state because of this refusal of Visa for our Kid.
He is a kid of 7 years old and he already suffered for 7 months without being with his mother.
Experts please advise for next step.

Our Timeline Spouse work permit/visitor visa (from India):

Applied - Dec 2021
Medical - Dec 2021
Biometrics - Jan 2022
Review Started - May 2022
PPR - June 2022

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
My Spouse open work permit got approved ! but Kid visa refused! (applied visitor visa for my son)

• You are required to submit a study permit application for the stated purpose of your trip.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

My wife she is in Canada working in a closed work permit and yesterday my application got approved for SOWP also got passport request letter.
We are in a very difficult and depressed state because of this refusal of Visa for our Kid.
He is a kid of 7 years old and he already suffered for 7 months without being with his mother.

Applied - Dec 2021
Medical - Dec 2021
Biometrics - Jan 2022
PPR - June 2022
A kid at that age when part of a SOWP application for ICT primary applicant, needs to have a study permit and not a visitor visa. However if the child is already inside canada on a Visitor visa, they can go to school with it. So you seem to have submitted an application in the wrong category which is why it got refused.

Apply for a fresh Study permit for the kid and hope for the best

aravindshyam

Mar 23, 2022
A kid at that age when part of a SOWP application for ICT primary applicant, needs to have a study permit and not a visitor visa. However if the child is already inside canada on a Visitor visa, they can go to school with it. So you seem to have submitted an application in the wrong category which is why it got refused.

Hi.. Thanks for your reply
As per below statement I conclude that visitor visa is sufficient for my son.. pls refer

Find out if your child needs a study permit
The following table summarizes whether a minor child needs a study permit to enrol in a school. School authorities may also use the table to help determine when school fees apply.

If the child is…Documents neededStudy permit required

with a parent who is a temporary resident and has a study or work permit
or
if neither parent is in Canada
Child’s passport or child listed on a parent’s passport. The child may have a visitor record. The parent has a study or work permit.Footnote1 It’s recommended that the child gets a study permit, even when one is not required.No

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/minor-children.html

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi.. Thanks for your reply
As per below statement I conclude that visitor visa is sufficient for my son.. pls refer

Find out if your child needs a study permit
The following table summarizes whether a minor child needs a study permit to enrol in a school. School authorities may also use the table to help determine when school fees apply.

If the child is…Documents neededStudy permit required

with a parent who is a temporary resident and has a study or work permit
or
if neither parent is in Canada
Child’s passport or child listed on a parent’s passport. The child may have a visitor record. The parent has a study or work permit.Footnote1 It’s recommended that the child gets a study permit, even when one is not required.No

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/minor-children.html
You need to apply for a study permit for your child. Read all of the information on this page in detail. Specifically this section:

Outside of Canada
Minor children who want to study in Canada must apply for a study permit before they enter Canada. This includes minor children who come with parents who already have a valid study or work permit.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/minor-children.html#fn1

May 25, 2022

Hi Friend,
I want to apply for Kids SP after Visitor Visa refusal. Same case as above. Can I use the same GCKey account which was used earlier. My spouse is the ICT applicant and she got approved but kid got refusal?

Awaiting for a quick response. Please

mshamin

Dec 4, 2022
Hi Friend,
I want to apply for Kids SP after Visitor Visa refusal. Same case as above. Can I use the same GCKey account which was used earlier. My spouse is the ICT applicant and she got approved but kid got refusal?

Awaiting for a quick response. Please
Have you applied with same UCI? what is your status?

binlynn22

Dec 10, 2013

Applied - Dec 2021
Medical - Dec 2021
Biometrics - Jan 2022
PPR - June 2022
Hello aravindshyam,

I wonder if you have resubmit a SP application for your son. As I am in a similar situation, already has a work permit approved outside of Canada, but my daughter's visitor visa got rejected within a week after submission, with the reason of " not leaving Canada...,strong tie in Canada..., and purpose of visitor not consistent..."

I am thinking if I should resubmit an application for SP for my daughter instead.

If you could kindly share your status, it is much appreciated. Thank you.

Destination1

Apr 23, 2022
Hello aravindshyam,

I wonder if you have resubmit a SP application for your son. As I am in a similar situation, already has a work permit approved outside of Canada, but my daughter's visitor visa got rejected within a week after submission, with the reason of " not leaving Canada...,strong tie in Canada..., and purpose of visitor not consistent..."

I am thinking if I should resubmit an application for SP for my daughter instead.

How old is your daughter?

mshamin

Dec 4, 2022
Hello aravindshyam,

How old is your daughter?

Hi There,

I had the same situation and I re-applied through https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en with same UCI number from Sri Lanka. I re-applied on December 6th 2022 and I received PPR February 6th 2023. I think you applied under Open Study Permit with Exception for Letter of Acceptance for Minor Study permit. I believe your daughter is under 17 years old.

Good luck.

Regards,
Sham

Nheid

Dec 1, 2022
Hi everyone,

I have same issue, my kids rejected under visitor visa then I applied for SP. But rejected again with same reason. Is anyone have same exprience or have any solution for me?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone,

I have same issue, my kids rejected under visitor visa then I applied for SP. But rejected again with same reason. Is anyone have same exprience or have any solution for me?
What were the refusal reasons? How much did you show in additional funds to cover your children coming to Canada?

Nheid

Dec 1, 2022
What were the refusal reasons? How much did you show in additional funds to cover your children coming to Canada?
Rejected base on the significant ties in canada and purpose of visit. I showed 50,000 CAD plus I receive fund from university that cover my rent and expenses.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Rejected base on the significant ties in canada and purpose of visit. I showed 50,000 CAD plus I receive fund from university that cover my rent and expenses.
Order GCMS notes. What university? How long is program? Did you pay first year tuition? How many children and what ages? SPs for children are not guaranteed so you may want to start studies in Canada and try again. $50k is not a lot for 3 kids of school age if you factor in care. So the university is covering your rent for your children too?