+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse open work permit for Alberta Provincial Nominee candidate

Willowdog

Aug 10, 2016
I am a semi skilled foreign worker who was recently nominated by the Alberta government. am I able to bring my family and get an open work permit for my wife?

Joejo

Star Member
Dec 12, 2015
Willowdog said:
I am a semi skilled foreign worker who was recently nominated by the Alberta government. am I able to bring my family and get an open work permit for my wife?
The provincial nomination alone will not give an open work permit. Did you include your wife in the AINP application? When did you get married?

anttor

Star Member
Mar 8, 2015
Similar condition is for me. We got married on 2014 and I have added her along with my AINP application. Hope to get nomination within month or two.

eme2016

Mar 6, 2016
Spouses or common-law partners of work permit holders who have been nominated for permanent residence by a province are entitled to open work permits for the duration of the work permit of the provincial nominee principal applicant, irrespective of the skill level of the principal applicant’s occupation.http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/opinion/territories-provinces.asp

b-pyl

Dec 2, 2017
I am a post graduation work permit holder and working as a semi skilled worker in nova scotia. My job is under NOC C category. Now I am looking to bring my wife to canada from India. Currently, I am nominated by nova scotia and holding a valid NSNP. Please anyone help me how can I bring my wife to canada as a dependent.

saman.khoddam

Jan 27, 2018
Hello my friends,

My wife got the nomination from BC in category of Skill immigration-international post-graduate. My name also mentioned as her dependent in her application.

She has also Post-graduate Open Work Permit till 2021. My open work permit (as dependent of international Student) going to be expired on March 2020.

She is working part-time (retail).

we going to apply our PR for provincial nominees class (PNC) paper base in this week.

Since providing the AOR takes long time, I was wondering if we need to wait till receiving the AOR and then apply for my open work permit, or even better if I can apply now for my OWP base on her nomination and her open work permit.

Please give me your opinion. Any advice can be helpful.

Thank you all.