+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit Extension

ramesh32

Aug 2, 2018
Is it possible to apply for an open work permit extension for spouse? She is not tied to any employer.

In the IMM 5710E application form, there is either an option to apply work permit for same employer or new employer. It doesn't have any specific option to extend work permit.

Which one should we choose? Please advice.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Is it possible to apply for an open work permit extension for spouse? She is not tied to any employer.

In the IMM 5710E application form, there is either an option to apply work permit for same employer or new employer. It doesn't have any specific option to extend work permit.

Which one should we choose? Please advice.
New employer.

SindhujaG

Star Member
May 21, 2019
My work permit is expiring by March end and I have started process to extend it. I have already applied for my Spouse's Open WP with my existing WP and it is under process and by the time he gets his Visa, it will be March starting week. Now, until when will his VISA be valid - standard 6 months or only until my current Visa (ie: March end)? Will he be able to travel to Canada with that Visa? Should I re-apply for him or extend it (he is outside Canada, I am in Canada)?