+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit Extension (SOWP)

siddhesh2020

Sep 9, 2020
Hello Everyone,

Currently I am on study permit and my wife is on SOWP and our visa is getting expired by March 2021. I am graduating by end of this year and trying to secure NOC B job but due to covid its hard to find job and would like to know what are the options I have. As of now I know is my wine need to apply for visitor visa to maintain her legal status. My PGWP will be processed in Jan after graduating which will delay the procedure I guess.

Is there any one with same situation and due to covid is there any support from government in terms of grace time to secure job or something like that then please share.

Please give your valuable suggestion. Everything is appreciated.

Thank you everyone for supporting.

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Once you receive your PGWP you need payslips and proof you are working in an NOC 0, A, or B position to apply for a new SOWP. If this is not possible before her current one expires then yes, she needs to apply to change her status to visitor and stop working. I don't know what sort of grace period you'd be referring to.

Reactions: siddhesh2020

siddhesh2020

Sep 9, 2020
Once you receive your PGWP you need payslips and proof you are working in an NOC 0, A, or B position to apply for a new SOWP. If this is not possible before her current one expires then yes, she needs to apply to change her status to visitor and stop working. I don't know what sort of grace period you'd be referring to.
Thank you so much. I am referring as is there any changes in the procedure or rules.