+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open work permit extension(2nd time) with NOC B category job(main applicant).

skemil007

Jun 11, 2018
I am graduated in Canada and hold a student status. I called my wife few months back. Now I have applied for my post Graduation work permit and my wife's open work permit extension before 3 months without NOC A or B category job. I am still waiting for reply from CIC and Now I am expecting my wife's open work permit extension file rejection. However meanwhile I was searching for NOC B category job and I found one. However, it is part time and only getting 12 to 15 hours. Now I have posted some questions below I am looking answers for them. Please reply with your answers.

1. First my NOC B job title is
"technical sales representative" and I am getting 12 to 15 hours a week. Is it applicable for my wife's open work permit extension? Mainly I am worried about hours.

2. When I get my wife application rejection, I think my wife's and mine current status will be expired. So I have to apply for her status restoration and her open work permit extension. Can you explain the way how would I do it? And do I need any extra documents for both of these files? please explain this way in detail.

3. After I get my wife rejection, does it make any difference in applying second time for her extension with my NOC b job documents?

4. I know there is a immigration office at NIAGARA CIC office where we can take all our documents and can apply for work permit on the spot. Now can I go with my specific this case? and How do I do my wife's status restoration on the spot at Niagara? If I can do, then what documents do I need to take with us? Please explain it in detail.

5. How long will it take when I am apply for second time for open work permit extension and status restoration for wife?

Thanks. Please reply ASAP.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I am graduated in Canada and hold a student status. I called my wife few months back. Now I have applied for my post Graduation work permit and my wife's open work permit extension before 3 months without NOC A or B category job. I am still waiting for reply from CIC and Now I am expecting my wife's open work permit extension file rejection. However meanwhile I was searching for NOC B category job and I found one. However, it is part time and only getting 12 to 15 hours. Now I have posted some questions below I am looking answers for them. Please reply with your answers.

1. First my NOC B job title is
"technical sales representative" and I am getting 12 to 15 hours a week. Is it applicable for my wife's open work permit extension? Mainly I am worried about hours.

2. When I get my wife application rejection, I think my wife's and mine current status will be expired. So I have to apply for her status restoration and her open work permit extension. Can you explain the way how would I do it? And do I need any extra documents for both of these files? please explain this way in detail.

3. After I get my wife rejection, does it make any difference in applying second time for her extension with my NOC b job documents?

4. I know there is a immigration office at NIAGARA CIC office where we can take all our documents and can apply for work permit on the spot. Now can I go with my specific this case? and How do I do my wife's status restoration on the spot at Niagara? If I can do, then what documents do I need to take with us? Please explain it in detail.

5. How long will it take when I am apply for second time for open work permit extension and status restoration for wife?

Thanks. Please reply ASAP.
1. Doesn't matter if it's part time.

2. If her current permit is still valid, withdraw the current app and apply to change her status to visitor in order to maintain legal status.

3. Probably not.

4. Not sure where you heard that. You can't apply in person at an office in Canada. You could try flagpoling at the Canada-US border but might be refused and told to apply online.

5. Restoration apps can take many months, so it is better to maintain legal status.

skemil007

Jun 11, 2018
For the 2nd answer:

It's just 2 days left in expiring her work permit. Can I do it before 1 day? And I already have 3 pay slips and offer letter and all documents. How do I withdraw current application and apply with my updated documents within 2 days?
If I can do that. Please let me know soon.

Thank you so much for your reply.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
For the 2nd answer:

It's just 2 days left in expiring her work permit. Can I do it before 1 day? And I already have 3 pay slips and offer letter and all documents. How do I withdraw current application and apply with my updated documents within 2 days?
If I can do that. Please let me know soon.

Thank you so much for your reply.
You can't apply for another work permit while the first app is still in process.

Apply for an extension as a visitor before her status expires. Withdraw the current app and apply again with the proper documents once it is withdrawn.