+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit - Applied in October at India

hiralbest

Jan 31, 2015
Hello All,

I applied for my spouse's open work permit in India on 30th-Oct-2015. Online status shows that it is under processing at Banglore Office.

Can anyone share their experience about processing time for SOWP at Banglore office and whom to contact if we want to know updates on our application ?

Thanks in advance.

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
hiralbest said:
Hello All,

I applied for my spouse's open work permit in India on 30th-Oct-2015. Online status shows that it is under processing at Banglore Office.

Can anyone share their experience about processing time for SOWP at Banglore office and whom to contact if we want to know updates on our application ?

Thanks in advance.
Hi,
Did you apply in online or paper application? Any update so far?

hiralbest

Jan 31, 2015
I applied paper application through VFS Ahmedabad in India.

I sent an email asking about my application status to Banglore office exactly after 2 months. Soon after that, Banglore office sent an email of visa approval and couriered passport on the same day.

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
hiralbest said:
I applied paper application through VFS Ahmedabad in India.

I sent an email asking about my application status to Banglore office exactly after 2 months. Soon after that, Banglore office sent an email of visa approval and couriered passport on the same day.
Congrats Hiral. My husband applied at new delhi office. Hopefully we will have an update soon!

samv02

Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
BC PNP (Inland)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/06/2014 (Paper application)
Doc's Request.
27/11/2015
Nomination.....
11/01/2016
AOR Received.
20/03/2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
RPRF: 30/08/2016
Med's Request
Sent eMedicals: 13/10/2016 Upfront
Med's Done....
29/10/2016
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
waiting
Congrats Buddy.

I applied for my wife open work permit on Nov 9th, 2015. I did Master's in Canada. I am on PGWP and it is valid till March 2017. I am doing NOC B category job. My wife submitted her application upfront with medicals. Its paper application. Its in Bangalore process center. Till now no update.

Please advise me.

hiralbest

Jan 31, 2015
Hi Sam,

Your and my story is almost same. I did my masters from Canada. I am on PGWP and it expire on Sept-2017. I do work in NOC A category full time job. And my spouse applied for her SOWP with upfront medicals on 29th Oct and got visa approved and couriered back on 30th December, 2015.

I think it is taking almost 2 months for processing SOWP as per CIC website. You can contact Bangalore visa office after 2 months of submission of your application. Just do a google search for "CIC bangalore visa office" and you will get more information on Bangalore visa office. You will find a link to send case specific inquiry on that Bangalore visa office web page. Bangalore visa office will reply on your case specific inquiry and if you are not satisfied then you can send your VFS tracking number and passport number to ask for status of your application after 2 months of application processing.

I hope it will hep you. Wish you all the best... :)

Note: This website is not allowing to post urls for some reason. So I asked you to do google.

Cheers

samv02

Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
BC PNP (Inland)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
27/11/2015
Nomination.....
11/01/2016
AOR Received.
20/03/2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
29/10/2016
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
waiting
Thanks for your suggestion hiralbest !

Eagerly waiting for the visa. I sent one case specific query on this Friday. I am expecting result on Monday. Lets see :'(

samv02

Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
BC PNP (Inland)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
27/11/2015
Nomination.....
11/01/2016
AOR Received.
20/03/2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
29/10/2016
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
waiting
Terribly spent weekend. Monday is halfway done. Still no update. Dear CIC please reunion wifes and husbands !

:'(

samv02

Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
BC PNP (Inland)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
27/11/2015
Nomination.....
11/01/2016
AOR Received.
20/03/2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
29/10/2016
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
waiting
My wife got visa. I applied on my own. Approved on first attempt.

Good luck guys.

Thanks.

pokeyoke_info

May 29, 2015
My Wife too applied for her Spouse Open Work Permit on 20th November at Bangalore office. However there is no update as yet. There is no way to find out the status. All that is visible is that your passport is in process at Canada Visa office at Bangalore. I sent a query to the Bangalore CIC office to ask for an update, however they sent a very generic response with a number of links redirecting to the CIC website. Even VFS has no update until the passport is out.

I have no clue how to track the application and expedite the process.

hiralbest

Jan 31, 2015
pokeyoke_info said:
My Wife too applied for her Spouse Open Work Permit on 20th November at Bangalore office. However there is no update as yet. There is no way to find out the status. All that is visible is that your passport is in process at Canada Visa office at Bangalore. I sent a query to the Bangalore CIC office to ask for an update, however they sent a very generic response with a number of links redirecting to the CIC website. Even VFS has no update until the passport is out.

I have no clue how to track the application and expedite the process.
Hi,

I think as per Bangalore visa office website, it takes 2 months for processing Spouse Open Work Permit. So, wait for few more days.

In my and sam (Other guy in this discussion thread) it took around 2 months and 4 days for getting passport in hand after submitting application.

Good luck.

pokeyoke_info

May 29, 2015
Thanks Hiral, I guess I'll have to wait for a few more days until I complete full 2m.

I had applied for a visit visa earlier which was declined. So I'm just hoping this time it's approved under different category and does not get affected by the previous application.

Incase anyone has applied after 9th-Nov and have received their visa. Please do share your time line.
Thanks again.

hiralbest

Jan 31, 2015
pokeyoke_info said:
Thanks Hiral, I guess I'll have to wait for a few more days until I complete full 2m.

I had applied for a visit visa earlier which was declined. So I'm just hoping this time it's approved under different category and does not get affected by the previous application.

Incase anyone has applied after 9th-Nov and have received their visa. Please do share your time line.
Thanks again.
You are welcome.

Did CIC give any specific reason for declining visitor visa for your spouse ? Did u look deeper into it ?

maryjoane

Star Member
May 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila (Online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
jan-13-2016
Med's Done....
Medical Passed jan 20 2016 (second application)
Passport Req..
feb 29, 2016
Hi Guys,

My husband and I applied for visa. I actually applied for student visa while my husband was on OWP. However, my student visa was approved but his visa was declined.

The reason are as follows:
1. your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence
2. limited employement prospects in your country of residence
3. your personal assets and finacial status

What could we do to strengthen his next application?

On our application, we have not included bank statements that could be the reason for his visa refusal for number 3. But what can we do for number 1 and 2 reasons. Any idea guys?