+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse open work permit (applied from Oman) delay

MS_IND

Oct 18, 2021
Hi,
I live and work in Canada on a Post Graduate Work Permit that's valid until 2024. I submitted an OWP application for my spouse from Oman on March 15, 2021. Her biometrics enrolment was completed on March 18, 2021, and the medical (upfront) passed and updated online on July 11, 2021. Since then, the status available online is: "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." I recently came to know that my wife's application has been sent for an additional review.
1. Can anyone let me know if this is something to worry about and the next steps that we could expect in terms of my wife's visa processing?
2. Also, if possible, please share the expected timelines for each subsequent step.
3. Finally, should I withdraw her OWP application and file a new one? If yes, would you recommend applying for a visitor visa instead of an OWP?

Thanks in advance and regards,
MS

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,
I live and work in Canada on a Post Graduate Work Permit that's valid until 2024. I submitted an OWP application for my spouse from Oman on March 15, 2021. Her biometrics enrolment was completed on March 18, 2021, and the medical (upfront) passed and updated online on July 11, 2021. Since then, the status available online is: "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." I recently came to know that my wife's application has been sent for an additional review.
1. Can anyone let me know if this is something to worry about and the next steps that we could expect in terms of my wife's visa processing?
2. Also, if possible, please share the expected timelines for each subsequent step.
3. Finally, should I withdraw her OWP application and file a new one? If yes, would you recommend applying for a visitor visa instead of an OWP?

MS
1. Is she eligible for a SOWP? You provided the correct documentation - 3 pay stubs showing skilled work experience, employment letter etc.
2. Can’t say as each step can take more or less time.
3. No. Order GCMS notes. How do you know their is additional review.

MS_IND

Oct 18, 2021
Thanks for your response.

1. Yes, she is eligible. I've provided the correct documentation, including 3 pay stubs showing skilled work experience, employment letter etc.
2. Noted with thanks
3. I ordered GCMS notes two days ago. I contacted my MP's office and they told me so.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

MS
Don’t withdraw. SOWP are taking around 6 months these days but can be longer. Did you pn,y recently get married? Have you finished all marriage ceremonies?