+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit Application refused basedon 205(c)(ii) and 200(1)

arjunk

Nov 6, 2019
Hi,

I have a closed work permit as a SAP consultant and I got married recently. My wife applied for spousal open work permit and got refused with the below reasons

1. You have not adequately demonstrated that you meet the requirements of a work permit pursuant to section 205(C)(ii) of the regulations

2. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 200(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of visit.

When she applied, there was no provision to submit my documents and hence she has written a letter of explanation and added my work permit, employment verification letter including my job duties, my Canadian Temporary visa, my passport, pays stubs in the client information along with her applications for temporary visa, family information, work permit, her passport and our marriage certificate.

Some information I got from my online research
1. submit my NOC details but I do not have it on my work permit as mine was LMIA exempt - intra-company transfer specialty occupation - My NOC should be 2171.
2. Submit more proofs of our relationship and marriage
3. Submit proof of family and property owned by her in home country(India)? - What if there is not much property in her name and should the property be valuated by a CA?

Please let us know what all documents should she submit to overcome the above mentioned issues to get her open work permit. Should we hire an attorney?

kiran_raj

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
Mine was rejected 2 times for the same reason..
Did you submitted marriage photos or some proof of your marriage? if there is no property, you may show at least 10 lakhs in your wife’s account. ( This is advised by my lawyer)

arjunk

Nov 6, 2019
Did you submitted marriage photos or some proof of your marriage? if there is no property, you may show at least 10 lakhs in your wife’s account. ( This is advised by my lawyer)
Thanks Kiran. We have submitted our marriage certificate. So this regulation needs more proof of our relationship and my job as well?

kiran_raj

Star Member
Jan 20, 2018
Yes Arjun. Try to get a letter from your employer stating NOC and your responsibilities ( should match noc) . Submit your marriage pics, call history, pics before marriage etc.

Kamalpreet123

Oct 12, 2019
Did y
did you reapply and got visa??

Sidharthb

Dec 17, 2019
Hi,

I saw your post on canada visa website. I am also facing the same situation for my wife VISA.

Can you please let me know your contact number so that i can talk about my case with you.

My name is Sidharth. I am also a intra company transfer case.

thanks

Sidharthb

Dec 17, 2019
Hi,

I saw your post on canada visa website. I am also facing the same situation for my wife VISA.

Can you please let me know your contact number so that i can talk about my case with you.

My name is Sidharth. I am also a intra company transfer case.
@arjunk