AlexSmith

Nov 17, 2021
Spouse open work permit(International student)-Abu Dhabi 2021

1 Oct applied
3 Oct biometric
not update... What about you?

aragorn29

Jul 25, 2018
Can we withraw WP application after eligibility review started? UAE process time is 49 weeks, while only 10 weeks in my home country.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Can we withraw WP application after eligibility review started? UAE process time is 49 weeks, while only 10 weeks in my home country.
You have to send a webform requesting the withdrawal. Then you will be notified if it is completed or can be done. Responses to web forms take weeks. You can do it now. Once you have moved back and settled in your our home country, you may have a response to the webform.

aragorn29

Jul 25, 2018
You have to send a webform requesting the withdrawal. Then you will be notified if it is completed or can be done. Responses to web forms take weeks. You can do it now. Once you have moved back and settled in your our home country, you may have a response to the webform.
Thanks for the reply @Naturgrl, I always give weight to your helpful comments in this forum.

In the last 4 years, I tried everything to get into Canada. I already gave up last year, then suddenly a job offer from one of the biggest financial institution came. Grateful that finally I got nominated by a province. However, now I realized that looking for a stream is not the hardest part but applying for the WP itself :(

Based on your answer, looks like withrawing my application is not yet the best option. I will first wait for my GCMS to see where it is being processed and what is the actual status.

On the other note, do you think our on-going PR applications will negatively affect a student visa application of my spouse which we are planning to do?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for the reply @Naturgrl, I always give weight to your helpful comments in this forum.

In the last 4 years, I tried everything to get into Canada. I already gave up last year, then suddenly a job offer from one of the biggest financial institution came. Grateful that finally I got nominated by a province. However, now I realized that looking for a stream is not the hardest part but applying for the WP itself :(

Based on your answer, looks like withrawing my application is not yet the best option. I will first wait for my GCMS to see where it is being processed and what is the actual status.

On the other note, do you think our on-going PR applications will negatively affect a student visa application of my spouse which we are planning to do?
So you were nominated by a province and applied for PR, and now you want to have your spouse apply for a student visa? Your spouse can apply for a study permit. She needs to show strong ties to home country, funds and career/education progression in her home country. Whether it is approved is based on the strength of her profile. It doesn't allow you to come to Canada unless you are approved for a visitor or open work permit. Having a PR application in process will work against you because you can't show strong ties to your country.

aragorn29

Jul 25, 2018
So you were nominated by a province and applied for PR, and now you want to have your spouse apply for a student visa? Your spouse can apply for a study permit. She needs to show strong ties to home country, funds and career/education progression in her home country. Whether it is approved is based on the strength of her profile. It doesn't allow you to come to Canada unless you are approved for a visitor or open work permit. Having a PR application in process will work against you because you can't show strong ties to your country.
Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I am nominated and already applied for a LMIA exempt WP and PR for me, spouse, and dependant.

It is her genuine intention to study in CA to have strong chances vs the competition upon the approval of her PR. Though we have strong economic ties, we have weak family ties to our home country. We will not pursue the study permit then while outside CA. This may add worries for us in the future.

I guess my best action then is to wait for my WP decision, pray to get it approved by mid 2022, or probably negotiate with my employer to extend my start date. I don't have complaints yet waiting for my WP as it is only 6 weeks since I applied, what I am worrying is the uncertainty like what others are facing.

Sorry for the long read. :)

Thanks for the advice, highly appreciated !

Hyderwaqas

Jan 6, 2022
Hi,

I need an advice from my fellow group members. Currently I am on study permit, and can apply for PGWP after 6 months. My wife and 02 daughters are outlander. What should be my strategy to bring them in Canada with minimum risk of visa rejection.

navdeepchopra

Star Member
Dec 15, 2019
Hi,

I need an advice from my fellow group members. Currently I am on study permit, and can apply for PGWP after 6 months. My wife and 02 daughters are outlander. What should be my strategy to bring them in Canada with minimum risk of visa rejection.
Easy & quick way is a visitor visa..SOWP will take longer

Feb 6, 2022
Dear fellows
I applied for my spouse open work permit in May 2021 that is processing via Abu Dhabi office. There is no update except biometric. I ordered GCMSnotes and just received them. I didn’t understand few point in summary. Anyone can help kindly.
counter foil required: Y
What is counter foil ??!
Elqigibikty: review reuqired
Means the eligibility is in progress or not started yet????
Admissibility request
Med: N
Vit 34: N
VIT35: N
VIT: 37: N
What’s is vit??????

I don’t see any notes of VO
do you suggest me to re apply or wait. So frustrating
Many thanks

AlexSmith

Nov 17, 2021
Dear fellows
I applied for my spouse open work permit in May 2021 that is processing via Abu Dhabi office. There is no update except biometric. I ordered GCMSnotes and just received them. I didn’t understand few point in summary. Anyone can help kindly.
counter foil required: Y
What is counter foil ??!
Elqigibikty: review reuqired
Means the eligibility is in progress or not started yet????
Admissibility request
Med: N
Vit 34: N
VIT35: N
VIT: 37: N
What’s is vit??????

I don’t see any notes of VO
do you suggest me to re apply or wait. So frustrating
Many thanks

Please join this group and ask the same

https://chat.whatsapp.com/ETRHKXaeAqD7uI4SJzHX8w