+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse of Temporary Work Permit holder with TRV - Travel to Canada

Vamsi05

Jan 22, 2020
Hi everyone,
My husband is on a Temporary Work Permit in Canada.
I travelled to my home country after staying in Canada for 10 months in Feb. My spouse was supposed to travel in March and got stuck working in Canada due to the pandemic.
Now there are restrictions on people entering the country. I have a TRV.
As the rules of exemption apply only to the spouses of PR holders, is there any possibility of the spouses of Temporary Work Permit holders allowed to enter upon requesting.
Because it justifies family reunification too.
Any inputs would be of great help.
Thanks !

Sep 19, 2018
Hi Vamsi05. You have to e-mail IRCC to request written authorization to come to Canada. Please read the section of this website entitled Reuniting with an immediate family member who is in Canada temporarily.

Vamsi05

Jan 22, 2020
Hi Vamsi05. You have to e-mail IRCC to request written authorization to come to Canada. Please read the section of this website entitled Reuniting with an immediate family member who is in Canada temporarily.
Thank you so much.
Will wait for my home country to open international travel and will try to contact IRCC.

rk1234

Jun 25, 2020
Hi everyone,
My husband is on a Temporary Work Permit in Canada.
I travelled to my home country after staying in Canada for 10 months in Feb. My spouse was supposed to travel in March and got stuck working in Canada due to the pandemic.
Now there are restrictions on people entering the country. I have a TRV.
As the rules of exemption apply only to the spouses of PR holders, is there any possibility of the spouses of Temporary Work Permit holders allowed to enter upon requesting.
Because it justifies family reunification too.
Any inputs would be of great help.
Thanks !
Hi,

were you able to get Approval to enter Canada? I'm in same situation and looking for advise. Thank you in advance.

hv2407

Apr 12, 2020
Hi,

were you able to get Approval to enter Canada? I'm in same situation and looking for advise. Thank you in advance.
Hey, one of my friend’s wife got approval in 2 weeks of requesting IRCC. She is yet to travel coming week.

rk1234

Jun 25, 2020
Hey, one of my friend’s wife got approval in 2 weeks of requesting IRCC. She is yet to travel coming week.
That is great :)
do you know what visa she is on and what details she provided to request IRCC Approval to visit spouse in Canada.

hv2407

Apr 12, 2020
She holds visitor visa with end date same as her husband’s work permit. She stated that she wants to live with her spouse and was separated due to covid

hv2407

Apr 12, 2020
She visited Canada for 3 months but went back to India in Jan 2020. She planned to return in March but due to covid she couldn’t.

Vamsi05

Jan 22, 2020
Hi Vamsi, Were you able to travel to Canada to reunite with your husband?
Hey, sorry for the late reply.
No I didnt leave my home country yet. We are trying to get authorization from IRCC.
Were you able to get the letter from IRCC? If yes, in how many days ?

Vamsi05

Jan 22, 2020
Hi,

Hi,
Did not get the IRCC approval letter yet.
Did you try to contact CBSA regarding the same ?

hv2407

Apr 12, 2020
Hey, sorry for the late reply.
No I didnt leave my home country yet. We are trying to get authorization from IRCC.
Were you able to get the letter from IRCC? If yes, in how many days ?
My friend got it within 2 weeks. I have requested 2 weeks ago. I am waiting for the letter.

Kat_

Jun 17, 2020
Category........
FSW
I travelled to Canada during this pandemic. My husband is a Temporary skilled worker here and I was stuck in the UK. I contacted the Canadian Embassy to get a Travel Exemption letter, however, if I had it all over again, I wouldn't have travelled.
In the UK I was able to work and earn money, whereas, when I landed in Canada I applied for Spousal Open Work Permit at the airport, which I couldn't get because my travel exemption letter stated that the purpose of me travelling was to "reunite with my husband" and not to work. So I was issued with a 6 months visitor visa and told to apply for SOWP online. I have done that but with biometrics closed, I haven't been able to get work visa yet. It has been nearly 4 months with no income for me, which is very frustrating, especially as we found Canada to be more expensive than the UK.