+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse of Canadian PR looking to pursue study options in Canada

vm87

Mar 26, 2017
I am a Canadian PR currently residing in the US and have plans to move to Canada permanently soon. I recently got married and my wife is considering studying in Canada and is exploring courses across various universities . Her PR has not been processed as of now. She will soon be applying for a Canadian study permit once she receives an admission call. Will my PR status in any way impact/effect her chances of getting a study permit visa?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I am a Canadian PR currently residing in the US and have plans to move to Canada permanently soon. I recently got married and my wife is considering studying in Canada and is exploring courses across various universities . Her PR has not been processed as of now. She will soon be applying for a Canadian study permit once she receives an admission call. Will my PR status in any way impact/effect her chances of getting a study permit visa?
Yes, your status could affect her application. A person applying for a study permit must show that they intend to leave after their studies are done. With a Canadian PR spouse, she has a very strong tie to Canada and could be seen as an overstay risk.