+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse of a skilled worker with a job offer

kristine19

Jun 27, 2022
Hi! My husband is a skilled worker under NOC B. He has a valid job offer and currently holding an LMIA. We are planning to apply for a visa together. He'll apply for a closed work permit and a spousal open work permit for me. Do I need to provide proof of fund even if he has a job offer from a Canadian employer? If so, how much proof of fund do I need to prepare? Thanks in advance! :)

Destination1

Apr 23, 2022
Hi! My husband is a skilled worker under NOC B. He has a valid job offer and currently holding an LMIA. We are planning to apply for a visa together. He'll apply for a closed work permit and a spousal open work permit for me. Do I need to provide proof of fund even if he has a job offer from a Canadian employer? If so, how much proof of fund do I need to prepare? Thanks in advance! :)
I applied close work permit, open work permit for my wife and 3 dependent children study permit and application submitted without bank statements and visas were approved.

kristine19

Jun 27, 2022
I applied close work permit, open work permit for my wife and 3 dependent children study permit and application submitted without bank statements and visas were approved.
That's great news! Congratulations! The person in charge (human resources officer) for our case told us that I need to have at least CAS 7,500 in my bank account with in and out transactions as my proof of fund, as well as a land title as proof of home tie. I was so stressed preparing all the needed requirements. It's a relief that I don't need any of those.

Destination1

Apr 23, 2022
That's great news! Congratulations! The person in charge (human resources officer) for our case told us that I need to have at least CAS 7,500 in my bank account with in and out transactions as my proof of fund, as well as a land title as proof of home tie. I was so stressed preparing all the needed requirements. It's a relief that I don't need any of those.
Thanks Kristine, I just shared my experience. If your lawyer saying that you need to show proof of funds then I think better to take your lawyer advice.

kristine19

Jun 27, 2022
She's not actually a lawyer. She's an HR manpower officer. I was hesitant to follow her instructions at first because I have read a lot online about the same case as ours. It's a relief to know that all those documents she has mentioned are not actually required since my husband has a job offer from a Canadian employer.

Destination1

Apr 23, 2022
May I know from what country did you apply and when was it? Thanks!
I applied from Trinidad, my employer’s lawyer attached explanations letter from my employer and he stated that I will start my job as soon as I land and also he is responsible for our all traveling expenses.

Destination1

Apr 23, 2022
I applied from Trinidad, my employer’s lawyer attached explanations letter from my employer and he stated that I will start my job as soon as I land and also he is responsible for our all traveling expenses.
And I applied on 10th March 2022
Biometrics in 14th March
ADR. 16th May 2022
ADR submission 27th May
Approval 15th June 2022.