+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse not include in express entry

Kspatel45

Jun 17, 2019
Hi
Kartik here
My wife and I have 2 year work permit
I have bonded work permit.
My one year of experience will finish soon.
For CRS calculation can I select NO in option 2) ii. Will your spouse or common-law partner come with you to Canada?
If I do this then my CRS is good to get PR
Can I do like this
My plane is after Getting PR I can sponsor her for PR

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
If you choose her as non-accompanying when she is in Canada, you need to be explicit about why you're doing it (because points are better without her) and your plans to sponsor her after your PR.

Reactions: entlastet

Kspatel45

Jun 17, 2019
If you choose her as non-accompanying when she is in Canada, you need to be explicit about why you're doing it (because points are better without her) and your plans to sponsor her after your PR.
Thanks for your reply
I can show the reasons
But my question is can I do that or not ?
Is there any problem occur when I put her PR file. After a year ?

Kspatel45

Jun 17, 2019
What kind of reasons can be valid for this

Kspatel45

Jun 17, 2019
Means if I say because of point she doesn’t want to come so are they gonna accept this reason
What’s chances to approve my reasons ?

entlastet

Jan 4, 2020
Hello there,

Do you think is it a good reason for the visa officer to apply for PR alone because without the spouse CRS is better? Is it possible that an officer will refuse the application because of only that reason? I have the same situation and worried about getting PR without spouse accompanying, cause she is already in Canada and my dependant (got the work permit based on that she is my spouse).

I know when I applied for PR my spouse is able to apply for an open work permit. Do you know anything about it?

Thank you in advance!

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
If that's why you're applying as non accompanying that's what you need to say.

Your wife is not eligible for an Open Work permit when you apply for PR.

Reactions: entlastet

entlastet

Jan 4, 2020

I completely understand that I need to be true about why I apply without my spouse and mention the real reason that my score with her is low. The thing is that everybody tries to scare that the application will be refused because we are not allowed to do that, but I could not find any official information regarding it. Also, I can't find someone who successfully used that reason and had no issues. Please if you are the one, let me know that.

Immigration consultants nowadays are lazy and do a lot of mistakes with a lack of knowledge and they do not care about it because they know that the bunch of immigrants will make them money tomorrow despite the fact that they are not professionals. They do not risk their lives while making mistakes.

For me, it doesn't make any sense that the application can be refused, because I'm not lying to a visa officer and claim my spouse in the EE account (she should do the medical exam and police certificate check) which should be fine.

By any chance do you know what happens with her current open work permit if she is my dependent and if I applied for PR alone without her accompanying?

Look at this page: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/extend/eligibility.html
and click "eligible to work in Canada with an open work permit" popup link

It says:
You may be eligible for an open work permit if you:
-are a dependent family member of someone who applied for permanent residence
-are the spouse or common-law partner of a skilled worker or international student

From my understanding, I have 2 options for her if I applied for PR:

1. I can apply for bridging my PGWP for 1 year, while my PR application under consideration and my spouse is able to extend her work permit as well based on the fact that I'm the skilled worker.

2. She can get the open work permit based on the thing that I applied for PR

Am I wrong?

Thank you!

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
You need to prove your wife will leave canada to say 'spouse non accompanying'. High crs is not a valid reason. There are many cases on this forum where there have been procedural fairness Letters (step before rejection ) sent because of this.

Kspatel45

Jun 17, 2019

But in my case we both has work permit
I have bonded work permit and my wife have open work permit (depended on me).
Why we can not choose who is coming with us on PR?