+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse name under passport??

mkcchhabra

Aug 23, 2021
Hello All

I have a valid passport made before my marriage, same with my spouse. So we don't have the spouse's names on our passport.

To proceed with the PR application process, is it required to update the spouse name on both of the passports. We have already arranged the marriage certificate from the required authority.

Last edited:

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Hello All

I had a valid passport made before my marriage, same with my spouse. So we don't have the spouse's names on our passport.

To proceed with the PR application process, is it required to update the spouse name on both of the passports. We have already arranged the marriage certificate from the required authority.
Not really required. You can go ahead without the addition of spouse. If your passports are expiring or near expiry then go ahead and update them with the spousal names.

Reactions: mkcchhabra

mkcchhabra

Aug 23, 2021
Not really required. You can go ahead without the addition of spouse. If your passports are expiring or near expiry then go ahead and update them with the spousal names.
Thanks for the reply.

both are valid till September 2025. Should I renew or it is fine ? Any suggestions?

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Thanks for the reply.

both are valid till September 2025. Should I renew or it is fine ? Any suggestions?
It is fine, there will not be a problem.
Have you applied for PCC yet ?