+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse name on Passport

gunchetan

Jul 20, 2017
Hi,
I am an Indian citizen, have received my ITA for express entry and am in the process of filling my application.
I got married about 2 years back but since my passport was only 3 years old, I decided not to get it updated with my spouse's name. However, my wife's passport was about to expire so she got hers renewed and got my name added in the spouse section.
I would appreciate the advise from fellow members - Would this have any negative affect on my application? Do you believe I need to get my passport renewed / updated to add my spouse's name?
My main concern with updating my passport is that a change to my passport number at this stage of the process may lead to further complications.

Thanks for your response!
Gunchetan

gunchetan

Jul 20, 2017
Hi,
I am an Indian citizen, have received my ITA for express entry and am in the process of filling my application.
I got married about 2 years back but since my passport was only 3 years old, I decided not to get it updated with my spouse's name. However, my wife's passport was about to expire so she got hers renewed and got my name added in the spouse section.
I would appreciate the advise from fellow members - Would this have any negative affect on my application? Do you believe I need to get my passport renewed / updated to add my spouse's name?
My main concern with updating my passport is that a change to my passport number at this stage of the process may lead to further complications.

Thanks for your response!
Gunchetan
Update on the above post - I went to get my PCC from the rk puram psk and they sent me back saying that it is required to have your passport updated with spouse name for the PCC.
So now I am in the middle of my application, with medical finished, and I have to update my passport.
Could someone please advise - should I finish my application with old passport OR get a new passport and then finish it?

gunchetan

Jul 20, 2017
Canada immigration doesn't care whether you have your spouse's name on the passport or not. They only need a marriage certificate as proof of relationship.
Thanks for the reply wandering mind, but it seems our PCC guys do and I will not be able to get the PCC without it :(
Could you please advise if there would be any issue if my medical test is under one passport number and the rest of the application under another (my new re-issued passport)?

anoop_satheesh

Jul 21, 2017
Thanks for the reply wandering mind, but it seems our PCC guys do and I will not be able to get the PCC without it :(
Could you please advise if there would be any issue if my medical test is under one passport number and the rest of the application under another (my new re-issued passport)?
I dont think this is an issue. I have filed our application after receiving ITA. Further to that my wife and child got UK dependent visa stamped and then I have got my child's passport renewed. After all these, I updated the CIC form regarding passport change and address change.
This did not impacted my application. After all these I received our PPR email and we sent out passports. I sent new passport of my child only.
I enclosed covering letter and copy of existing passports explaining the situation. What I understood from this is, its all how you explain and convience on the changes. If they are needed changes, then you need to do that.
(information based on my personal experience. It may change from case to case)

Reactions: gunchetan

Wandering Mind

Champion Member
Mar 20, 2017
I think it'll be alright. Just include scans of both your old and new passports and explain the situation in an LOE.

Good luck.

Reactions: gunchetan

Gopsingh

Oct 30, 2019
Hello all
I am indian citizenship
My wife is passed away since 2014 and her name mantion on my and my two kids passport. Now i am going to again marry with canada citizen lady. Please suggest me that do i need mention name on my passport of my second wife? If i apply canada visit visa ?
Or marriage certificate is enough?

Ishpreet1804

Feb 3, 2021
Hello
I have recieved ITA
And currently applying for PCC Delhi

I have not added my spouse name in my passport neither i have changed my address in passpprt after marriage

But i have my Adhaar vard with my current address(husband’s address). My name and surname is same as before marriage.

Also, my passport has parent's address where I lived before marriage, where as aadhar card has my husband's house address where I currently live.

Will that be any issue for PCC?
Do you know will I have to change address in my passport to match aadhar card in order to get PCC in Delhi.

Also, when applying online for PCC, there is an option to fill current address and permanent address. Should I fill my current address(husband’s address) in both the sections..?