+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse name in India passport

ayushiparikh

Jul 7, 2021
Hello,

I had applied for TR to PR when I was unmarried. However, After Application and I got my ITA after this I got married.

When I got the COPR from CIC, I informed them about my marriage. Upon which, they have asked me to submit a few forms and pictures of me and my spouse to them.

I was single. So it doesnt carry my wife's name.

Similary, my wife's passport doesnt carry Spouse Name in her passport.

I am adding my wife as dependant in my application. We have got marriage certificate and PCC on the basis of our existing Passports.

Is it mandatory for my wife to have my name in her passport ?

Regards,

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Hello,

I had applied for TR to PR when I was unmarried. However, After Application and I got my ITA after this I got married.

When I got the COPR from CIC, I informed them about my marriage. Upon which, they have asked me to submit a few forms and pictures of me and my spouse to them.

I was single. So it doesnt carry my wife's name.

Similary, my wife's passport doesnt carry Spouse Name in her passport.

I am adding my wife as dependant in my application. We have got marriage certificate and PCC on the basis of our existing Passports.

Is it mandatory for my wife to have my name in her passport ?

Regards,
According to IRCC, it does not matter to have spouse name included. I am the primary applicant and my husband and I have not got our names added nor changed the names post marriage. We got our PCCs done with out existing passport. That should not be a problem.

SreAK

Oct 9, 2021
According to IRCC, it does not matter to have spouse name included. I am the primary applicant and my husband and I have not got our names added nor changed the names post marriage. We got our PCCs done with out existing passport. That should not be a problem.
Hi,

My spouse who is the primary applicant is a permanent resident of Pune (in-laws address) and currently lives in Bangalore, can we apply for PCC from the current address? We have a rent agreement as proof of address will that be okay? Also, his passport does not have my name under spouse do we have to re-issue the passport.
I am the secondary applicant, In my passport, my residence address is Delhi (before marriage), while I currently live in Bangalore with my spouse. Is it mandatory both primary and secondary applicants should have the same permanent address in the passport?

PS: I heard that rules have changed now and we need to be present at the passport address for verification.

Thanks

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Hi,

My spouse who is the primary applicant is a permanent resident of Pune (in-laws address) and currently lives in Bangalore, can we apply for PCC from the current address? We have a rent agreement as proof of address will that be okay? Also, his passport does not have my name under spouse do we have to re-issue the passport.
I am the secondary applicant, In my passport, my residence address is Delhi (before marriage), while I currently live in Bangalore with my spouse. Is it mandatory both primary and secondary applicants should have the same permanent address in the passport?

PS: I heard that rules have changed now and we need to be present at the passport address for verification.

Thanks
PCCs can be applied from the current address and i believe a verification will be initiated at both the places. Do make sure both of you have an address proof for the current address since PCC are issued for individual verification.
I don't know the current rules for the spouse addition in the passport or if it is needed (IRCC is not fussed about it). When we applied we were not married and got our PCCs done as single so as not to go through these extra issues.

SreAK

Oct 9, 2021
PCCs can be applied from the current address and i believe a verification will be initiated at both the places. Do make sure both of you have an address proof for the current address since PCC are issued for individual verification.
I don't know the current rules for the spouse addition in the passport or if it is needed (IRCC is not fussed about it). When we applied we were not married and got our PCCs done as single so as not to go through these extra issues.
Do you suggest applying for a passport re-issue with the changes in personal information? I am confused :(

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Do you suggest applying for a passport re-issue with the changes in personal information? I am confused :(
Information provided by PSK

https://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/docAdvisor/pccPassport

• For applicants requiring changes in present address or addition of spouse name (due to marriage post-issuance of passport), can submit present address proof document and marriage certificate and in such cases, change of particulars in the passport is not required.
  • Old passport in original with self-attested photocopy of its first two and last two pages including ECR/Non-ECR page and page of observation (if any).
You don't need to update your passport and submit the proof of present address along with the marriage certificate.
The list of documents is also provided for present address proofs

Last edited: