+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse name in India passport

jschugh31

Mar 27, 2018
we received an ita and our passports are not having each other spouse name .....will pcc be granted if we produce marriage certificate

2. if we change reissue passport of the primary applicant , does cic accept that the new number of passport because all the application and invitation

ankie

Star Member
Oct 13, 2017
PCC is granted on individual basis, so no issues as such if spouse name is not reflected on your passports.

Insiya2811

Jun 16, 2019
PCC is granted on individual basis, so no issues as such if spouse name is not reflected on your passports.
Hi I have a query.
I don't have my spouse name on my passport or any other documents but we do have the marriage certificate. Can I get PCC at my parents' resident address as it is mentioned in passport and other documents. Will it create any issue if my husband and I have different address during pcc?

Sap1991

Mar 15, 2018
Hello,

I had applied for Express Entry when I was unmarried. However, After Application, I got married.

When I got the COPR from CIC, I informed them about my marriage. Upon which, they have asked me to submit a few forms and pictures of me and my spouse to them.

My passport was renewed last year when I was single. So it doesnt carry my wife's name.

Similary, my wife's passport doesnt carry Spouse Name in her passport.

I am adding my wife as dependant in my application. We have got marriage certificate and PCC on the basis of our existing Passports.

Is it mandatory for my wife to have my name in her passport ?

Regards,
Hey, my situation is exactly similar as yours. Can you please help me with the info? Whether passport needs to have the spouse name or not?

Tivativalu

Apr 12, 2019
Hello Folks,

Any updates regarding this ? Both me and my wife do not have our names included in passports as spouse. We recieved an ITA.
Would this create any issue forgetting a PCC ?

Ab247

Jun 6, 2020
Hello Folks,

Any updates regarding this ? Both me and my wife do not have our names included in passports as spouse. We recieved an ITA.
Would this create any issue forgetting a PCC ?
Hi,

No need to worry at all, just go ahead and put in your application. My spouse is the principal applicant. Our passports and other documents we submitted bear our individual names as she is yet to officially change her name to mine. We got our COPR email in March 2020. Your marriage certificate or any other legal document to show you are married is what is required.
All the best.

Tivativalu

Apr 12, 2019
Hi,

No need to worry at all, just go ahead and put in your application. My spouse is the principal applicant. Our passports and other documents we submitted bear our individual names as she is yet to officially change her name to mine. We got our COPR email in March 2020. Your marriage certificate or any other legal document to show you are married is what is required.
All the best.
Thanks a lot ! We are on our way getting our PCC.

reddys

Jan 18, 2019
Hi,

All the best.
Thanks for your inputs, let’s say if wife applied alone then PCC will be issued ABC Daughter of XYZ but not with Husband name, is it ok to have PCC with Father name?

Tivativalu

Apr 12, 2019
My wife got her PCC with my name in it mentioning as w/o (wife of) . This was after a police verification etc. Eve if your wife applies alone she still has to mention you as spouse in the application. So the PCC will have your name.

reddys

Jan 18, 2019
My wife got her PCC with my name in it mentioning as w/o (wife of) . This was after a police verification etc. Eve if your wife applies alone she still has to mention you as spouse in the application. So the PCC will have your name.
We went to Passport Seva Kendra, they were issuing based on the information exists in the systems,we both got passport long back but married last year, so is it be a problem if my wife PCC has D/O with her father name in it?

gayathri7066

Jan 14, 2021
Hi,
For getting PCC from India, is it mandatory to have spouse name updated in Passport first?
Can we submit the PCC application without mentioning the spouse name?

gdas_ti

Mar 22, 2021
As per IRCC, it's not mandatory to have each other's name in the passports, as long as you have the marriage certificate, that would suffice.
Thanks for this reply. In my case I have updated the spouse name with my surname in my passport, but my spouse has not updated her surname in her passport. We have marriage certificate. Whether it would be any problem to get dependent visa for my spouse?

Shivam Pandey

Jun 6, 2021
Hello,
My wife is pr of canada. When she got her pr,we were not married. And she will be going to sponser me. She changed her passport with my name on it. But on her PR card, she has old maiden name. Now, while filling an applications forms for sponsership, which name she should use? The one she has on PR card or one with passport with my name on it?

Any response would be appreciated.

Regards,
Shivam

ayushiparikh

Jul 7, 2021
Yes, As per IRCC, it's not mandatory. Police clearance certificate issuing authority(RPO) in India ask for it...
Hello,

I had applied for TR to PR when I was unmarried. However, After Application and I got my ITA after this I got married.

When I got the COPR from CIC, I informed them about my marriage. Upon which, they have asked me to submit a few forms and pictures of me and my spouse to them.

I was single. So it doesnt carry my wife's name.

Similary, my wife's passport doesnt carry Spouse Name in her passport.

I am adding my wife as dependant in my application. We have got marriage certificate and PCC on the basis of our existing Passports.

Is it mandatory for my wife to have my name in her passport ?

Regards,