+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Legal Name chnage

prerak

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
Hi,
My wife's name before marriage and after marriage is different.
On her passport, she has after marriage name.

While uploading documents post ITA, it is asking for LEGAL NAME CHANGE proof. How can this be provided.

prerak

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
prerak said:
Hi,
My wife's name before marriage and after marriage is different.
On her passport, she has after marriage name.

While uploading documents post ITA, it is asking for LEGAL NAME CHANGE proof. How can this be provided.
Please help me with this query.

Amdavadi

Feb 17, 2017
Alberta
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04/22/2017
Med's Done....
17-05-2017
Passport Req..
29-06-2017
prerak said:
Please help me with this query.
If you are talking about last name, you can upload your marriage certificate along with one and the same person affidavit.

If you are talking about first name, you can upload your marriage certificate, any government issued document stating your wife's first name before marriage and after marriage along with one and the same person affidavit.

prerak

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
Amdavadi said:
If you are talking about last name, you can upload your marriage certificate along with one and the same person affidavit.

If you are talking about first name, you can upload your marriage certificate, any government issued document stating your wife's first name before marriage and after marriage along with one and the same person affidavit.
Thanks for the reply. This is just the last name change after marriage. Please provide more details on affidavit thing - From whom do I need to get this affidavit created?

Amdavadi

Feb 17, 2017
Alberta
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04/22/2017
Med's Done....
17-05-2017
Passport Req..
29-06-2017
prerak said:
Thanks for the reply. This is just the last name change after marriage. Please provide more details on affidavit thing - From whom do I need to get this affidavit created?
If you are in India, go t lawyer to create Annexure E affidavit. This affidavit is used for application of new passport for proving name before and after marriage.

If you are in Canada, go to lawyer ask for on and same name affidavit. you can find template online.
http://www.immihelp.com/immigration/sample-one-same-person-affidavit.html
I made it really simple, for e.g. My name is xyz resident of city, state. My birth name was Rimi Ramesh Sharma, my name changed to Roma Ramesh Sharma. after marriage my name changed to Roma Rahul Sharma. for every name change I had a proof 1) birth certificate 2) name change document (since gov of Maharashtra does not provide new birth certificate for name change unlike guj) 3) marriage certificate

Hope this help

prerak

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
Amdavadi said:
If you are in India, go t lawyer to create Annexure E affidavit. This affidavit is used for application of new passport for proving name before and after marriage.

If you are in Canada, go to lawyer ask for on and same name affidavit. you can find template online.
http://www.immihelp.com/immigration/sample-one-same-person-affidavit.html
I made it really simple, for e.g. My name is xyz resident of city, state. My birth name was Rimi Ramesh Sharma, my name changed to Roma Ramesh Sharma. after marriage my name changed to Roma Rahul Sharma. for every name change I had a proof 1) birth certificate 2) name change document (since gov of Maharashtra does not provide new birth certificate for name change unlike guj) 3) marriage certificate

Hope this help
Thanks for the help. Does this mean , I have to write/type such letter myself and then get in stamped by a lawyer?

prerak

Star Member
Dec 1, 2016
prerak said:
Thanks for the help. Does this mean , I have to write/type such letter myself and then get in stamped by a lawyer?
Also, Indian passport of my wife has Father's name and passport contains her new name. Will this be good enough as before and after prood?

Amdavadi

Feb 17, 2017
Alberta
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
04/22/2017
Med's Done....
17-05-2017
Passport Req..
29-06-2017
prerak said:
Also, Indian passport of my wife has Father's name and passport contains her new name. Will this be good enough as before and after prood?
If her given name or last name has been changed to anything you have to submit change of name document.
If given name (usually first name and/or father/husband name) and last name has changed because of marriage you just need to upload marriage certificate and explanation letter. for this affidavit is optional

If name change is due to any other reason you have to provide letter of explanation, government issued name change document, before and after name identity proof and/or affidavit.

you can create your own format for affidavit or you can ask a lawyer to make it for you.