+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSE LANGUAGE ELIGIBILITY TEST

irin

Jan 6, 2015
Hi All,

This is Irin from Bangladesh.I need some clarification on the following fact-

In case of FSWP ,canada express entry- IF i became primary applicant and pass language eligibility test.In case of EOI /Express Entry profile submission- should my spouse too be passed minimum language eligibility test.Or he could pass that after getting ITA?

My question is - his eligibility is mandate or not in case of EOI submission while he is a secondary applicant?

Plz ans if anyone have any idea over that.

nads1

Star Member
Apr 17, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London, England
LANDED..........
26-03-2016
Your spouse should enter Language results as it will give you more points. However, you can still add your spouse without tests results BUT that means you get no points and your own points are lowered.

For example age 35 with spouse is 70 points and without spouse is 77.

irin

Jan 6, 2015
Thanks, for ur reply .So, u mean to say spouse language ability enable me to earn more score.But its not mandatory in case of Express Entry submission. right? Are u sure on that?because a Councillor asked my spouse to take preparation [in order to qualify] on IELTS exam before Express Entry submission.

I have not much idea on that.But as far as i can understand, though i declared him as my spouse but it should not be mandate for him before EOI submission because he is not primary applicant.Rather , he needed it after getting PR invitation

mdRaees

Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
irin said:
Thanks, for ur reply .So, u mean to say spouse language ability enable me to earn more score.But its not mandatory in case of Express Entry submission. right? Are u sure on that?because a Councillor asked my spouse to take preparation [in order to qualify] on IELTS exam before Express Entry submission.

I have not much idea on that.But as far as i can understand, though i declared him as my spouse but it should not be mandate for him before EOI submission because he is not primary applicant.Rather , he needed it after getting PR invitation
It is not mandatory. if only you want to claim points for Her language ability than only you have to. If you get PR than she dont need to write IELTS. If she is accompanying you than it is better if she write IELTS.