+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse interview requested February 2020 need help

VeeM

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
Hello everyone
So we sent our application on september and everything is good with the process but my husband was invited to attend an interview next week in the embassy of canada in Lebanon.
The thing is he applied for a TRV back in september 2018 and he was refused ..but it wasn’t me who did the invitation .. it was one of his mothers cousin .. so the letter says he was coming to visit his cousin and he didn’t say anything about me ( his fiancée being in canada because he said what was written on the letter) { the main reason of his visit last september was to surprise me in fact so i didn’t know except after he applied )

I received my Gcms notes and it says : the couple are compatible with age and background ... ( bla bla ) and 1-Foss for PA : refused TRV in september 2018 .. in that application the PA said the purpose of his visit was to see his cousin and he didn’t mention his fiancée )

So .. what do u think we should do ? For sure they’re gonna ask him about his TRV but do u think they can refuse his application ?
thankyou

Mrswhite

Feb 22, 2020
Hi, im in the same situation like you My husband sponsor me but before he marry me I was refused a Visit Visa 4 months before we got married but my reason for visit is to accompany my parents to visit my sister and nieces but it was denied.. last wednesday I received an email for an interview next month..Did your husband finish his interview ? How the interview goes and what they asked your husband? What is the result of the interview? Thank you and Hope you can share with me your experience before my scheduled interview...

VeeM

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
Hi, im in the same situation like you My husband sponsor me but before he marry me I was refused a Visit Visa 4 months before we got married but my reason for visit is to accompany my parents to visit my sister and nieces but it was denied.. last wednesday I received an email for an interview next month..Did your husband finish his interview ? How the interview goes and what they asked your husband? What is the result of the interview? Thank you and Hope you can share with me your experience before my scheduled interview...
Hey ,

no he didn’t finish the interview because they had to reschedule .. when he’ll get new interview will let u know..

and let me know if something new happens with u .
When is ur interview ?

Mrswhite

Feb 22, 2020
Hey ,

no he didn’t finish the interview because they had to reschedule .. when he’ll get new interview will let u know..

and let me know if something new happens with u .
When is ur interview ?
My schedule was on March 12, I dont know what exactly they will asked because they don’t asked me to bring more proof or documents to prove my relationship wirh my husband..I dont know really their concern because I didnt order gcms notes.. How long for the gcms note result? Thank you and I will let you know what happen aftermy interview..

VeeM

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
My schedule was on March 12, I dont know what exactly they will asked because they don’t asked me to bring more proof or documents to prove my relationship wirh my husband..I dont know really their concern because I didnt order gcms notes.. How long for the gcms note result? Thank you and I will let you know what happen aftermy interview..
It takes 1 month to receive GCMS notes .. where is your VO ? Which country?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone
So we sent our application on september and everything is good with the process but my husband was invited to attend an interview next week in the embassy of canada in Lebanon.
The thing is he applied for a TRV back in september 2018 and he was refused ..but it wasn’t me who did the invitation .. it was one of his mothers cousin .. so the letter says he was coming to visit his cousin and he didn’t say anything about me ( his fiancée being in canada because he said what was written on the letter) { the main reason of his visit last september was to surprise me in fact so i didn’t know except after he applied )

I received my Gcms notes and it says : the couple are compatible with age and background ... ( bla bla ) and 1-Foss for PA : refused TRV in september 2018 .. in that application the PA said the purpose of his visit was to see his cousin and he didn’t mention his fiancée )

So .. what do u think we should do ? For sure they’re gonna ask him about his TRV but do u think they can refuse his application ?
thankyou
He should be honest. I assume the reason is he thought he would’ve refused if his gf/fiancée invited him so he got his cousin to invite him. The VO already knows the answer.

Reactions: VeeM

VeeM

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
He should be honest. I assume the reason is he thought he would’ve refused if his gf/fiancée invited him so he got his cousin to invite him. The VO already knows the answer.
Yes exactly he’s going to tell the truth that he was scared to get refused

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes exactly he’s going to tell the truth that he was scared to get refused
pretty common tactic used. if He is honest he should be fine. Lying or creating ridiculous stories and acting like VOs are stupidwill get you into much more trouble. If you actually did break the rules or the law there can certainly be consequences but this is more of a creative use of the rules.

Reactions: VeeM

VeeM

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
pretty common tactic used. if He is honest he should be fine. Lying or creating ridiculous stories and acting like VOs are stupidwill get you into much more trouble. If you actually did break the rules or the law there can certainly be consequences but this is more of a creative use of the rules.
Okey thanks for your help
He’s gonna be 100% honest and we’re gonna hope for the best

Oyibo Pepper

Star Member
Feb 2, 2020
Hello everyone

thankyou
Hi

Just want to know if the interview eventually took place and if yes, how did it go

VeeM

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
Hi

Just want to know if the interview eventually took place and if yes, how did it go
Hey ,
In fact we had the interview canceled in February and because of the covid situation and the shutdowns our interview was rescheduled for 15 september .. it was an interview over the phone for like maybe 15 mins .. they asked my husband basic question like when did we meet and all these and they asked him why he didn’t say that his fiancé is in canada when he applied for TRV so he was honnest and said that he was scared that he will get refused the agent said ok and didn’t ask further question ..

We did our medical and we received our pre arrival letter now our file is in the final step .. waiting for a final review by an officer when the embassy will open in my country ( 8th february ) so hopefully we will receive something february or march