+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse immmigration - ways to come in canada

chinmay phadke

Star Member
Apr 12, 2014
Hi Guys,

I am new to this family sponsorship section of this forum ;)

I got my PR last month and I am getting married in dec 2016. So I have started looking into options for my wife to come in Canada

I might be repeating the basic Qs - but can someone plz summarize what ways I can look for her to come in earliest(without dependent PR which I am seeing is taking long as of now)

Thanks
Chinmay

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
read the very first post on the first thread for basic info about the process (keep in mind the processing times listed are bit outdated):
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spousal-sponsorship-t46995.0.html

how long the process takes depends on which visa office the application will be processed at and whether you are applying inland or outland. outland is usually the recommended way to apply for most people since it's significantly shorter. which outland visa office the application is processed at is determined by the applicant's country of citizenship/residency. some visa offices are quicker than others. there is certainly no "quick" way to immigrate to canada.

as a permanent resident of canada, you, as the sponsor, must be living IN canada while the application processes. Your wife can be in canada as a visitor or outside of canada while the application processes. if she requires a visa to travel to canada, she can certain apply for one. while it's difficult to get, it's not impossible.

chinmay phadke

Star Member
Apr 12, 2014
CDNPR2014 said:
read the very first post on the first thread for basic info about the process (keep in mind the processing times listed are bit outdated):
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spousal-sponsorship-t46995.0.html

how long the process takes depends on which visa office the application will be processed at and whether you are applying inland or outland. outland is usually the recommended way to apply for most people since it's significantly shorter. which outland visa office the application is processed at is determined by the applicant's country of citizenship/residency. some visa offices are quicker than others. there is certainly no "quick" way to immigrate to canada.

as a permanent resident of canada, you, as the sponsor, must be living IN canada while the application processes. Your wife can be in canada as a visitor or outside of canada while the application processes. if she requires a visa to travel to canada, she can certain apply for one. while it's difficult to get, it's not impossible.
yes I went through the first post, is it indeed insightful. wanted to know more about visitor and dependent visas and chances of them getting approved.

Thanks for your opinions :)

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
chinmay phadke said:
yes I went through the first post, is it indeed insightful. wanted to know more about visitor and dependent visas and chances of them getting approved.
There is no such thing as a dependent visa for the spouse of a Canadian citizen or PR.

With a Canadian PR spouse, the chances of getting a TRV are very low.

Unless your spouse can immigrate independently through an economic stream, sponsorship is your only option.

chinmay phadke

Star Member
Apr 12, 2014
canuck_in_uk said:
There is no such thing as a dependent visa for the spouse of a Canadian citizen or PR.

With a Canadian PR spouse, the chances of getting a TRV are very low.

Unless your spouse can immigrate independently through an economic stream, sponsorship is your only option.

yea I am getting that everywhere, seems a very long process :(

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
chinmay phadke said:
yea I am getting that everywhere, seems a very long process :(
I suggest you have a look around the forum and join the New Delhi thread. Recent apps have been going through in a few months.