+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse home maker plus worked from home part time, Myself self employed, Correct form number & PCC for minors and Airbnb

rahulbajaj

Mar 7, 2017
Hello friends

We are applying for citizenship as family (2 adults and 2 minors: age 15 and 13).

Question 1:
- Our 5 years of eligibility period is Nov-2017 to Nov-2022.
- During this period my spouse has been home maker as well as worked from home part time for my company. [ I too work from home and am self employed. ]
- Our current address is our 4th home during this period:
Address 1 - Dec 2021 to present
Address 2 - Feb 2021 to Nov 2021
Address 3 - Oct 2019 to Feb 2021
Address 4 - Nov 2017 to Oct 2019 (India address)

So when filling section 11 of application for my spouse; option 1 - do we enter 'home maker' for each address we lived at {or} option 2 - only one entry as 'home maker' with current address for all the years? Which option do we follow for part time work? With option 1 there will be 4 tables and with option 2 there will be 8 tables for section 11 in the application.

Question 2: Section 11 for myself, for 'Name of Employer..' do I mention 'Self employed' or write my company name XYZ Inc or mention 'Self employed through XYZ Inc'?

Question 3: Correct form for application for minors (we are applying as family together) is CIT 0003 i.e. under subsection 5(2) right?

Question 4: Just to confirm that we don't need PCC for minors. [ During the above period we lived for more than 183 days in India so we got PCC for myself and my spouse. ]

Question 5: When we moved to Canada in Oct 2019 we lived in an airbnb home for two weeks before we leased apartment. Do we need to list that address separately?

Greatly appreciate your time and help.!!

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Hello friends

We are applying for citizenship as family (2 adults and 2 minors: age 15 and 13).

Question 1:
- Our 5 years of eligibility period is Nov-2017 to Nov-2022.
- During this period my spouse has been home maker as well as worked from home part time for my company. [ I too work from home and am self employed. ]
- Our current address is our 4th home during this period:
Address 1 - Dec 2021 to present
Address 2 - Feb 2021 to Nov 2021
Address 3 - Oct 2019 to Feb 2021
Address 4 - Nov 2017 to Oct 2019 (India address)

So when filling section 11 of application for my spouse; option 1 - do we enter 'home maker' for each address we lived at {or} option 2 - only one entry as 'home maker' with current address for all the years? Which option do we follow for part time work? With option 1 there will be 4 tables and with option 2 there will be 8 tables for section 11 in the application.

Question 2: Section 11 for myself, for 'Name of Employer..' do I mention 'Self employed' or write my company name XYZ Inc or mention 'Self employed through XYZ Inc'?

Question 3: Correct form for application for minors (we are applying as family together) is CIT 0003 i.e. under subsection 5(2) right?

Question 4: Just to confirm that we don't need PCC for minors. [ During the above period we lived for more than 183 days in India so we got PCC for myself and my spouse. ]

Question 5: When we moved to Canada in Oct 2019 we lived in an airbnb home for two weeks before we leased apartment. Do we need to list that address separately?

Greatly appreciate your time and help.!!
If your spouse is a partner in your registered business, you could label her as ‘self employed’ and give the name of your corporation. The same applies to you.
when we moved here, we lived with friends for two weeks and listed that address in our application.

Reactions: A_S