+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse has COPR, Sponsor moved to new address

goldfinger

Nov 18, 2019
Hey all - for starters, my wife has her COPR! I’m getting her in about two weeks.

I (the sponsor) moved into our new, permanent address in Canada (where she will land). In order to update my address with IRCC, do I have to use the New York Visa Office webform specifically? That was the visa office that mailed us the COPR - https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=New York

Also -should I have notified IRCC of having a new job? It totally didn’t occur to me that it might be necessary to do that (sponsor, not applicant). I’ve seen some threads saying it doesn’t matter, but I want to confirm.

Let me know, and wish me luck in my travels to pick up the missus!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hey all - for starters, my wife has her COPR! I’m getting her in about two weeks.

I (the sponsor) moved into our new, permanent address in Canada (where she will land). In order to update my address with IRCC, do I have to use the New York Visa Office webform specifically? That was the visa office that mailed us the COPR - https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=New York

Also -should I have notified IRCC of having a new job? It totally didn’t occur to me that it might be necessary to do that (sponsor, not applicant). I’ve seen some threads saying it doesn’t matter, but I want to confirm.

Let me know, and wish me luck in my travels to pick up the missus!
If your spouse has her COPR already, there's no urgent need to update your address, but you can go ahead and do it. The main thing will be to provide the correct address for her to receive the PR card when she 'lands' on arrival, just ask the immigration officer at border (they should be checking this then).

Don't think your job matters for this now.

Good luck.

Reactions: goldfinger

goldfinger

Nov 18, 2019
If your spouse has her COPR already, there's no urgent need to update your address, but you can go ahead and do it. The main thing will be to provide the correct address for her to receive the PR card when she 'lands' on arrival, just ask the immigration officer at border (they should be checking this then).

Don't think your job matters for this now.

Good luck.
Outta curiosity - which webform link do I use? Is the New York one the one that I use (our case was transferred there) or do I use the generic webform link you find in google?

I feel like I find a million webform links when I search, and they are all different. I’m perplexed about which I should use.

Also - thanks for your help throughout all of this. Your name shows up constantly with good, helpful answers.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Outta curiosity - which webform link do I use? Is the New York one the one that I use (our case was transferred there) or do I use the generic webform link you find in google?

I feel like I find a million webform links when I search, and they are all different. I’m perplexed about which I should use.

Also - thanks for your help throughout all of this. Your name shows up constantly with good, helpful answers.
No idea which one, if you can't find, don't bother. Again she'll just want to make sure they use the right mailing address for her.

goldfinger

Nov 18, 2019
No idea which one, if you can't find, don't bother. Again she'll just want to make sure they use the right mailing address for her.
You mean to make sure that they get the right address for her when she lands, so they mail the card to the right location?

Maybe I won’t bother. It’s a tremendous pain in the arse trying navigate this. She’s coming in two weeks, so I dunno what the use is.

MJSPARV

Sep 17, 2020
You mean to make sure that they get the right address for her when she lands, so they mail the card to the right location?

Maybe I won’t bother. It’s a tremendous pain in the arse trying navigate this. She’s coming in two weeks, so I dunno what the use is.
If you ever got a letter from NYVO that should have the direct webform link. I think the SA letter also has the direct link. We had to change address and it was super easy using the webform contact us link from NYVO

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

Yes, that what I mean. Up to you.

goldfinger

Nov 18, 2019
If you ever got a letter from NYVO that should have the direct webform link. I think the SA letter also has the direct link. We had to change address and it was super easy using the webform contact us link from NYVO
All that I received on the letter was an email address. I suppose we could use that?

MJSPARV

Sep 17, 2020
That would be handy!
I found this in the letter telling us that our case was transferred to NYVO. Probably more useful than the webform link:

"You must report any changes to your address, telephone number(s) and email address immediately to IRCC. Please note CPC-Sydney does not process address changes/updates. Once an application is in process at our office, changes to your address should be made through our online service at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp . Failure to provide a current or correct address may result in delays in the processing of your application."

@goldfinger

goldfinger

Nov 18, 2019
I found this in the letter telling us that our case was transferred to NYVO. Probably more useful than the webform link:

"You must report any changes to your address, telephone number(s) and email address immediately to IRCC. Please note CPC-Sydney does not process address changes/updates. Once an application is in process at our office, changes to your address should be made through our online service at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp . Failure to provide a current or correct address may result in delays in the processing of your application."

@goldfinger
I've fiddled with that link, and it takes me in circular directions - I basically click on "in the United States" and it takes me to the visa contact us page for New York eventually. Once I click "Webform" on that page, it takes me to a webform that asks me if we are waiting on a permanent resident card, or a different application. Once I click different application, it takes me back to that original page O__O.

MJSPARV

Sep 17, 2020
I've fiddled with that link, and it takes me in circular directions - I basically click on "in the United States" and it takes me to the visa contact us page for New York eventually. Once I click "Webform" on that page, it takes me to a webform that asks me if we are waiting on a permanent resident card, or a different application. Once I click different application, it takes me back to that original page O__O.
I tried it right now and there's a big g banner saying webform is down for some people. Honestly, I am sure if you just email them and say you've tried the webform it'll be ok

goldfinger

Nov 18, 2019
I tried it right now and there's a big g banner saying webform is down for some people. Honestly, I am sure if you just email them and say you've tried the webform it'll be ok
That’s what I did! I emailed them, and they responded this morning noting the change and reiterating the date that they mailed the COPR.