+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse got TRV approved but IRCC refused a letter of written authorization. What next?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Reactions: Kumar25

prathmesh77

Nov 29, 2015
Exactly, so according my understanding written letter is required when you are not fully vaccinated. Am I right? (I hope so cuz I just bought the tickets for my family today)
you can check here too https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/covid-vaccinated-travellers-entering-canada
If you’re travelling to Canada from a country other than the US
If you’re travelling from a country other than the US, you must have written authorization from IRCC to fly to Canada.

The written authorization is a one-time use authorization confirming that you’re exempt from the travel restrictions. It’s valid only for the period needed to travel.

: I just copied this from the same link you provided. Now does this depend on the vaccination status? Or doesn't depend on the vaccination status?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
If you’re travelling to Canada from a country other than the US
If you’re travelling from a country other than the US, you must have written authorization from IRCC to fly to Canada.

The written authorization is a one-time use authorization confirming that you’re exempt from the travel restrictions. It’s valid only for the period needed to travel.

: I just copied this from the same link you provided. Now does this depend on the vaccination status? Or doesn't depend on the vaccination status?
IRCC!! I don't know what to say...

To board your flight to Canada
You must

• follow all airline requirements and pass a health check conducted by airline officials to confirm that you don’t have symptoms of COVID-19, including a fever, a cough and difficulty breathing
    • Anyone showing symptoms will not be allowed to board a flight to Canada.
  • make sure you have a valid travel document (visitor visa or eTA, if required) and a passport that is valid to come to Canada
  • tell the airline that you’re exempt from the travel restrictions and present a copy of the completed application for authorization and statutory declaration as well as the written authorization
  • be prepared to provide additional proof to show that you’re an extended family member of a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada’s Indian Act or Canadian permanent resident if asked
    • for example, a birth certificate or other documents that show a family connection, such as documents that show a shared address
  • be able to provide evidence of oneof the following:
    • If you don’t qualify as fully vaccinated, you must demonstrate that you plan to stay in Canada for 15 days or more.
    • You’re travelling for a non-discretionary purpose.

prathmesh77

Nov 29, 2015
IRCC!! I don't know what to say...

To board your flight to Canada
You must

• follow all airline requirements and pass a health check conducted by airline officials to confirm that you don’t have symptoms of COVID-19, including a fever, a cough and difficulty breathing
    • Anyone showing symptoms will not be allowed to board a flight to Canada.
  • make sure you have a valid travel document (visitor visa or eTA, if required) and a passport that is valid to come to Canada
  • tell the airline that you’re exempt from the travel restrictions and present a copy of the completed application for authorization and statutory declaration as well as the written authorization
  • be prepared to provide additional proof to show that you’re an extended family member of a Canadian citizen, person registered under Canada’s Indian Act or Canadian permanent resident if asked
    • for example, a birth certificate or other documents that show a family connection, such as documents that show a shared address
  • be able to provide evidence of oneof the following:
    • If you don’t qualify as fully vaccinated, you must demonstrate that you plan to stay in Canada for 15 days or more.
    • You’re travelling for a non-discretionary purpose.
They have gone bonkers!! They don't know what they're doing anymore.

Kumar25

Jun 19, 2021
The details in the link are so confusing, they are leaving it to the person reading it to interpret in whichever way they want.

prathmesh77

Nov 29, 2015
The details in the link are so confusing, they are leaving it to the person reading it to interpret in whichever way they want.
The whole catch in this whole thing is here:
" be able to provide evidence of oneof the following:
  • If you don’t qualify as fully vaccinated"
So if you're not fully vaccinated then the rest of things mentioned such as that letter of authorization is required. But if and I really hope that it is true : if you're fully vaccinated then everything else gets nullified and doesn't apply. There can't be 2 different rules pertaining to the same thing. It just doesn't work out. IRCC needs to hire better technical writers for their websites. I'm gonna call them and I hope to get a clearer answer without any stupid ifs and buts.

Reactions: Kumar25 and YVR123

prindav2021

Oct 26, 2021
So if you're not fully vaccinated then the rest of things mentioned such as that letter of authorization is required. But if and I really hope that it is true : if you're fully vaccinated then everything else gets nullified and doesn't apply. There can't be 2 different rules pertaining to the same thing. It just doesn't work out. IRCC needs to hire better technical writers for their websites. I'm gonna call them and I hope to get a clearer answer without any stupid ifs and buts.
Yes , that’s the way how I interpreted and make sense with the current situation, if you’re fully vaccinated, you’ll should be able to enter.

Kumar25

Jun 19, 2021
Did you call IRCC today to confirm?