+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse foreign work experience - proof required?

ferris123

Jun 12, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
india
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26/5/2017
Doc's Request.
31/5/2017
Nomination.....
01/06/2017
AOR Received.
22/08/2017
Not sure if this question has been answered before.

I am the primary applicant and while filing the EE profile, I had entered my spouse's work experience (outside of Canada), even though I knew that I will not receive any points for it. Now after receiving the ITA, the application requires me to fill my spouse's work experience related documents. I don't intend to decline my invitation. Can I enter 'No' in his 'Work history' form now (post ITA)? Will that affect my score or application?

Also, I have added his work history in his 'Personal history' form. Do we have to submit any proofs for 'Personal history'?
Hey I'm in similar situation, were you successful in getting PR leaving spouse work history empty? Also did you get work permit for spouse? I'm worried leaving spouse work history empty may end up with issues in getting work permit for spouse, please guide thank you.

ferris123

Jun 12, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
india
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26/5/2017
Doc's Request.
31/5/2017
Nomination.....
01/06/2017
AOR Received.
22/08/2017
Hello,

I am facing the same issue. Since after the e-APR the system is asking me to provide proof of work experience for my spouse, even though the claimed work experience is outside of Canada.

My real concern is not on getting those documents but instead on the correctness of my profile. Since as I remember I declared no work experience inside CA but three years outside CA. Why is the system requesting these documents since they should not be required?

How did this issue work for you?

Anyone who has any advice or experience is welcomed.

Thank you.
Hey I'm in similar situation, what have you decided to do, did you include spouse work history or not ?

ArjonDJ

Star Member
Apr 19, 2017
Tirana
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Hey I'm in similar situation, what have you decided to do, did you include spouse work history or not ?
Nope. I took it off and just wrote that info down in my spouse's personal history. CiC itself quotes that you should provide proof if spouse has canadian experience and on my opinion the system has a glitch asking for spouses work experience even if that experience is not in CA.
At this point I will just explain IRCC that I am not claiming points for my spouses work experience thus I am not providing proof of work experience.
good luck :)

hb1975

Apr 16, 2017
Nope. I took it off and just wrote that info down in my spouse's personal history. CiC itself quotes that you should provide proof if spouse has canadian experience and on my opinion the system has a glitch asking for spouses work experience even if that experience is not in CA.
At this point I will just explain IRCC that I am not claiming points for my spouses work experience thus I am not providing proof of work experience.
good luck :)
Hi!! Did you remove/shift the spouse work experience from work history in the post ITA eAPR form or also from the original EE profile (not sure if that is possible after ITA), because otherwise wont there be a mismatch in EE profile and eAPR form.

ArjonDJ

Star Member
Apr 19, 2017
Tirana
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Hi!! Did you remove/shift the spouse work experience from work history in the post ITA eAPR form or also from the original EE profile (not sure if that is possible after ITA), because otherwise wont there be a mismatch in EE profile and eAPR form.
Hello.

I removed that in the e-APR but not in the EE. Thus I justified this mismatch of the e-APR from the EE in the explanation letter saying that actually I am not claiming any points for my wife work experience (since this experience is outside of CA) and that it is difficult for my wife to get the reference letters.

Singhmumbai

Sep 6, 2016
Hey I'm in similar situation, were you successful in getting PR leaving spouse work history empty? Also did you get work permit for spouse? I'm worried leaving spouse work history empty may end up with issues in getting work permit for spouse, please guide thank you.
We entered my spouse's work history and personal history. Thought it would be better than leaving in empty. We've just submitted all the documents. Waiting for further messages by CIC.

CHECKSUM

Star Member
Mar 10, 2017
Hello,

I am facing the same issue. Since after the e-APR the system is asking me to provide proof of work experience for my spouse, even though the claimed work experience is outside of Canada.

My real concern is not on getting those documents but instead on the correctness of my profile. Since as I remember I declared no work experience inside CA but three years outside CA. Why is the system requesting these documents since they should not be required?

How did this issue work for you?

Anyone who has any advice or experience is welcomed.

Thank you.
Hi,
Have you removed your spouse work experience from work history?did it worked for you?

tavleengill

Oct 9, 2017
I didn't find any column for spouse's work history to be added in personal history. does it appear only if spouse has a work history in canada?

snowman123

Oct 16, 2017
Did anyone got PR after following these steps. I tried to do little bit of research on this forum. Though i can find experienced members suggestion to move them into personal history, but i didn't came across any candidate who got PR following this ( I was not able to find anyone, virtue of my limited search. If anyone has come across, i will appreciate to kindly point me to the particular link).

Thanks!!

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did anyone got PR after following these steps. I tried to do little bit of research on this forum. Though i can find experienced members suggestion to move them into personal history, but i didn't came across any candidate who got PR following this ( I was not able to find anyone, virtue of my limited search. If anyone has come across, i will appreciate to kindly point me to the particular link).

Thanks!!
Well for one, the guy from Albania who posted in this thread. If you see his signature you'll see he got his PPR.

bshailesh3

Sep 28, 2013
We entered my spouse's work history and personal history. Thought it would be better than leaving in empty. We've just submitted all the documents. Waiting for further messages by CIC.
Did CIC ask any query to you for your spouse work experience?

bshailesh3

Sep 28, 2013
Hi All
I submitted my application, I am in doubt that my spouse NOC 2174 doesn't match with the role but duties have been more similar to Oracle Application Developer, but in one of company letter it says Information Technology-Manager.
She has been working as a developer and functional consultant level and I didn't claim any points for her experience.

I have provided offer letter and promotion letter and few salary slips as a reference.

will this be a problem for my application?