+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse foreign work experience - proof required?

valsanail

Nov 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2016
Doc's Request.
No additional documents request since AOR
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Passport Req..
30-08-2016
LANDED..........
14-10-2016
Hello,
Now I am at the stage of waiting ITA in the next draw and have some doubts regarding spouse's foreign work experience. She has a 1 year experience in past which we didn't mention in the EE profile. However, I would like to understand before getting an ITA, if this was a correct decision. The matter that she'll not be able to provide any references for it. Please, advise, shall I leave the EE profile intact and after getting ITA mention her exp. in the personal history section while applying to CIC? OR I'd rather update the EE quickly? I mean won't this make any issue, if we mention her job in the personal history, while we didn't mention it in EE profile and CIC application's work history section?
P.s. I consider also applying for OINP, what to do on this stage?

bkbk8

Star Member
Apr 3, 2016
Dallas, Texas
App. Filed.......
28-07-2016
valsanail said:
Hello,
Now I am at the stage of waiting ITA in the next draw and have some doubts regarding spouse's foreign work experience. She has a 1 year experience in past which we didn't mention in the EE profile. However, I would like to understand before getting an ITA, if this was a correct decision. The matter that she'll not be able to provide any references for it. Please, advise, shall I leave the EE profile intact and after getting ITA mention her exp. in the personal history section while applying to CIC? OR I'd rather update the EE quickly? I mean won't this make any issue, if we mention her job in the personal history, while we didn't mention it in EE profile and CIC application's work history section?
P.s. I consider also applying for OINP, what to do on this stage?

Hello there, looks like your application proceeded. Can you please inform me of what the end result was?

I am in the same situation and my wife has 3+ years of foreign experience. Should I include it or not? People are saying no points will be awarded, is this correct?

valsanail

Nov 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2016
Doc's Request.
No additional documents request since AOR
AOR Received.
21-01-2016
Passport Req..
30-08-2016
LANDED..........
14-10-2016
bkbk8 said:
Hello there, looks like your application proceeded. Can you please inform me of what the end result was?

I am in the same situation and my wife has 3+ years of foreign experience. Should I include it or not? People are saying no points will be awarded, is this correct?
Yeah, correct! Please delete your spouse's job from work history and mention this in personal history, this was many times clarified by different expert members here. Thus, you will not be obliged to provide any reference letters for spouse.

Zoide

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
Costa Rica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interesting thread!

I looked at the official IRCC page about the documents required and it states:

"Individuals who must submit this documentation

The principal applicant
Their spouse or common-law partner (if work experience in Canada is claimed)"

[http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp#document_checklist]

Before finding this thread, I had already entered work experience for my spouse under both Personal History and Work History. Given the quote above, why did her personalized checklist ask for job reference letters if the experience was outside of Canada?

Thanks

Reactions: tapioca

Tanvi87

Jan 24, 2017
Zoide said:
Interesting thread!

The principal applicant

Before finding this thread, I had already entered work experience for my spouse under both Personal History and Work History. Given the quote above, why did her personalized checklist ask for job reference letters if the experience was outside of Canada?

Thanks
So should we enter Spouse work exp in Work History and provide all documents that we have like pay slips and Offer Letters and skip the Reference Letter part?

Or should we just delete work history and enter everything in Personal History?

Please suggest! Thanks for your answers and efforts and a +1 for your reply to this question.. :)

Zoide

Star Member
Sep 15, 2014
Costa Rica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tanvi87 said:
So should we enter Spouse work exp in Work History and provide all documents that we have like pay slips and Offer Letters and skip the Reference Letter part?

Or should we just delete work history and enter everything in Personal History?

Please suggest! Thanks for your answers and efforts and a +1 for your reply to this question.. :)
I'd love to know for sure with feedback from people who recently got PR approved!

Anyone? Thanks :)

Asha urvish

Jun 25, 2015
mssm said:
I added my spouse work experience (1 year as dentist) from India without knowing CIC will ask for it during profile creation. After ITA I kept the same in work history and personal history so that both are in sync. Good thing is i could get experience certificate from the Hospital my spouse worked and uploaded in work history even though there is no points claimed for foreign work experience of spouse.

If you think that you could not get experience certificate for spouse work history you can either follow any one,
1) add an explanation under that section stating that the employer is not willing to provide any documents and also clearly mention that you have not claimed any points for it ..
2) or just keep her experience in personal history alone so that nothing needs to be uploaded for work history
Hello,

I have same problem...i m spouse nd my husband is main applicant..i have submitted in ee profile my experience od 2 companies..i have only exoeriwncw certificate that too not as demanded as cic ( working hours etc ) .. it only includes service period..

Will it work?? Or should i remove my work exp?

Plz suggest..

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Asha urvish said:
Hello,

I have same problem...i m spouse nd my husband is main applicant..i have submitted in ee profile my experience od 2 companies..i have only exoeriwncw certificate that too not as demanded as cic ( working hours etc ) .. it only includes service period..

Will it work?? Or should i remove my work exp?

Plz suggest..
If you have Foreign Work Experience then it (Spouse's work experience) does not contribute to the CRS score. You can remove it and mention in Personal History.

Bloodrose

Jan 5, 2010
Maverick28 said:
If you have Foreign Work Experience then it (Spouse's work experience) does not contribute to the CRS score. You can remove it and mention in Personal History.
Thank you, this is super useful as my spouse also has skilled work experience and we declared it on the EOI. If it isn't going to count towards our final evaluation though then I really didn't feel like going to the trouble of gathering documentation for it.

Ayam93

Star Member
May 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes as suggested remove it from Work History but do mention it in Personal History. DO NOT FORGOT to write Letter of Explanation stating that you have removed work history of spouse as you are not claiming any CRS score for same.

Reactions: Miracle2018

Bloodrose

Jan 5, 2010
Ayam93 said:
Yes as suggested remove it from Work History but do mention it in Personal History. DO NOT FORGOT to write Letter of Explanation stating that you have removed work history of spouse as you are not claiming any CRS score for same.
Thanks, will do. I just double checked and my spouse only received points on our EOI for English ability (we didn't bother to ECA her degree).

For work experience it says "CRS - Spouse - Canadian Work Experience 0" so there shouldn't really be any need to evidence it.

It's a lesson in reading these things very carefully because I originally thought they had awarded 50 points for her work experience (she's a sous chef) but in actual fact those points were for my foreign work experience and not hers.

Singhmumbai

Sep 6, 2016
Asivad Anac said:
It is not misrepresentation. Read CIC's definition of misrepresentation to validate this for yourself.
Not sure if this question has been answered before.

I am the primary applicant and while filing the EE profile, I had entered my spouse's work experience (outside of Canada), even though I knew that I will not receive any points for it. Now after receiving the ITA, the application requires me to fill my spouse's work experience related documents. I don't intend to decline my invitation. Can I enter 'No' in his 'Work history' form now (post ITA)? Will that affect my score or application?

Also, I have added his work history in his 'Personal history' form. Do we have to submit any proofs for 'Personal history'?

ArjonDJ

Star Member
Apr 19, 2017
Tirana
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Interesting thread!

The principal applicant

[http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp#document_checklist]

Thanks
Hello,

I am facing the same issue. Since after the e-APR the system is asking me to provide proof of work experience for my spouse, even though the claimed work experience is outside of Canada.

My real concern is not on getting those documents but instead on the correctness of my profile. Since as I remember I declared no work experience inside CA but three years outside CA. Why is the system requesting these documents since they should not be required?

How did this issue work for you?

Anyone who has any advice or experience is welcomed.

Thank you.

ferris123

Jun 12, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
india
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26/5/2017
Doc's Request.
31/5/2017
Nomination.....
01/06/2017
AOR Received.
22/08/2017
Also, since there's no points for spouse's foreign work experience, why does CIC ask for documentation proving such experiences? Makes no sense. Unless I'm not understanding the CRS criteria properly. When I created the EE profile, I put my spouse's experiences with the reasonable belief that they won't ask for LORs (since there's not points for spouse's foreign work experience).

Could someone confirm that such LORs are indeed required? There was someone else in another thread who incorrectly was saying LORs for spouse's foreign work experience is required for OINP. But I know that's not true, at least for OINP. But what about post-ITA forms/documentation with CIC? I was assuming the same applies in that instance too (i.e., LORs only required if spouse's work experience is in CANADA). Calling seniors, please respond ???

Okay, I will just go ahead and throw out all of my wife's work experiences from my EE profile and see what happens. If sh*t hits the fan then I shall promptly put the humtpy dumpty back together.
Hey I'm in similar situation, were you successful in getting PR leaving spouse work history empty? Also did you get work permit for spouse? I'm worried leaving spouse work history empty may end up with issues in getting work permit for spouse, please guide thank you.