Sept 5, 2011
Med's Done....
30-05-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Passport Sent - Sept 8, 2011, DM: Sept 26, 2011
MaRiPoSa18 said:
hi..i guess its possible naman siguro...lalo na kung nisubmit mo ang medical together with all the applications sa simula palang..mas mgandang may gnon na status sis..kaysa inde nakaindicate..wait for ur ppr na lng..:)

kami nga application received lng and medical received parin ang status e...ni wala nga inprocess...

case to case lang to and depende sa VO :)
Hi Sis! Yes, the proof of medical examination was submitted together with our application. My ecas says, We started processing your application on Aug. 31, 2011 then medical results have been received. Pero wala pa ung PPR ko. anyways, baka natraffic lang. hopefully this week dumating na and hopefully, mag DM na ung sa inyo. God bless. ;D

jeca24

Sep 3, 2011
Visa Office......
CIC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-JUN-11
File Transfer...
22-AUG-11
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
01-SEP-11
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-11
KMAEP said:
@ jeca24

case to case basis lang.. depende sa V.O na may hawak ng papers if satisfied o hindi sa relationship.. if genuine ba talaga.. pero mostly naman daw pumapasa.. i undergone interview ok lang naman.. nothing to worry!! :D
@KMAEP :: thanks sa reply :)

bago lang ko dito sa forum and i really find it very helpful.

baboo_2008

Star Member
Apr 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-2011
File Transfer...
25-05-2011
Med's Done....
10-02-2011
Passport Req..
26-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22-09-2011
LANDED..........
12-10-2011
wants2bw/myhubbysoon said:
Hi Sis! Yes, the proof of medical examination was submitted together with our application. My ecas says, We started processing your application on Aug. 31, 2011 then medical results have been received. Pero wala pa ung PPR ko. anyways, baka natraffic lang. hopefully this week dumating na and hopefully, mag DM na ung sa inyo. God bless. ;D
Hi..ako din na late un PPR ko , i just got it last aug 26th via email.. nauna pa na ng in process status ko sa ecas...

KMAEP

Mar 20, 2011
brampton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JANUARY 4, 2011
Med's Done....
DECEMBER 9, 2010
Interview........
JUNE 28, 2011
Passport Req..
FEBRUARY 28, 2011
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 11, 2011
annerhy said:
sis san ko makikita ung form para sa pdos? d ko na makita sa thread na to..naiwan ko laptop ko kasi sa province.dun nakasave un
@annerhy

go ka nalang sis sa cfo website meron naman doon!! good luck ;D

crisetphil

Jul 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 29,2011--CPC-M (sponsor approved::Nov.17, 2011)
Doc's Request.
dec.22,2011
AOR Received.
jan.04,2012(sent jan.23 received maybe jan.27 via quebec)
File Transfer...
dec.20,2011
Med's Request
medical result received feb.24,2012
Med's Done....
aug.09,2011//Jan21,2013//
Interview........
(n/a) /remed forwarded FEB.1,2013
Passport Req..
dec.22,2011(sent jan. 16,2012)
VISA ISSUED...
feb-20,2013/dm feb.22/receieved visa feb.23
hello baboo. pareho tayo quebec din ako..confused pa rin talaga ako. bakit csq mo nahuli i thought tapos nang approval nang sponsor eh yong csq for micc. by the way we not pass the form csq with my signature yet cause my hubby expecting a letter to recieved then attached lng nya yon csq application to micc.. hope u could share ur expereince. ok ba yon ginawa namin. we submitted our document aug 29, 2011. tnx

quicksilver26

Aug 19, 2011
Lolly1810 said:
akalain mo un! magkalapit lng bday natin hehehe... basta PM kita in-case makakasabay ang hubby ko.
Hi sis Lolly, may visa na ba hubby mo? nabayaran mo na ba ticket nya? Hoping po na may makasabay sana ako, hehe, first tym eh parang nakakatakot, hehe!

annerhy

Star Member
Jul 18, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
n/a
quicksilver26 said:
Hi sis Lolly, may visa na ba hubby mo? nabayaran mo na ba ticket nya? Hoping po na may makasabay sana ako, hehe, first tym eh parang nakakatakot, hehe!
sis san k sa canada? toronto ba?

wants2bw/myhubbysoon

Star Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 22, 2011
AOR Received.
Sept 5, 2011
Med's Done....
30-05-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Passport Sent - Sept 8, 2011, DM: Sept 26, 2011
baboo_2008 said:
Hi..ako din na late un PPR ko , i just got it last aug 26th via email.. nauna pa na ng in process status ko sa ecas...
. Hi! Thank you. I just got confused kasi di ba usually, ppr muna? Anyways, hoping that we'll all hear from them soon. God bless!

batesmotel

Feb 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 28th 2011
File Transfer...
October 21, 2011
Med's Done....
July 5th, 2011
Interview........
Hopefully not required
Passport Req..
December 15, 2011
LANDED..........
Waiting, waiting and more waiting....
Wow:

This is all new to me....I see that some of you (or your spouse's) received your PR VISA in 5 months from start to finish....Is that true?

We were married April 9, 2011 and I returned back to Toronto April 23rd, 2011. My parents even attended the wedding in The Philippines!
I went to see an immigration expert, and after we got all the documents and pictures together, she said our application was a "slam dunk"...ie, a very strong case. We filed our application that was received by CPC-Mississauga July 29th 2011.

This waiting game is killing me.....it has been 5 months now since we were married, and 4 months since I returned home. Luckily my wife has more patience than me! She wants me to fly over there to retrieve her once she receives the PR VISA (Chi-Ching $$ - another $1,700 for airfare) (she is afraid to fly to Canada on her own)....I'm hoping that her PR VISA will be ready by early January 2012. Is this too optimistic?

I just looked on the website for processing times....in Mississauga, they are still working on applications received June 30th, 2011...OMG :eek: ....The website indicates that Mississauga is taking 60 days to process, while in Manila, it says 10 months to process! I could be dead by then!

Do they "fast track" spousal sponsorship's compared to other family applications?

Anyways, I would appreciate any comments or words of encouragement.....Thanks...

Greg

trizienne

Apr 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-06-2011
AOR Received.
15-07-2011
File Transfer...
20-07-2011
Med's Done....
10-05-2011
Passport Req..
19-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2011
LANDED..........
11-11-2011
batesmotel said:
Wow:

This is all new to me....I see that some of you (or your spouse's) received your PR VISA in 5 months from start to finish....Is that true?

We were married April 9, 2011 and I returned back to Toronto April 23rd, 2011. My parents even attended the wedding in The Philippines!
I went to see an immigration expert, and after we got all the documents and pictures together, she said our application was a "slam dunk"...ie, a very strong case. We filed our application that was received by CPC-Mississauga July 29th 2011.

This waiting game is killing me.....it has been 5 months now since we were married, and 4 months since I returned home. Luckily my wife has more patience than me! She wants me to fly over there to retrieve her once she receives the PR VISA (Chi-Ching $$ - another $1,700 for airfare) (she is afraid to fly to Canada on her own)....I'm hoping that her PR VISA will be ready by early January 2012. Is this too optimistic?

I just looked on the website for processing times....in Mississauga, they are still working on applications received June 30th, 2011...OMG :eek: ....The website indicates that Mississauga is taking 60 days to process, while in Manila, it says 10 months to process! I could be dead by then!

Anyways, I would appreciate any comments or words of encouragement.....Thanks...

Greg
Don't worry Greg! It seems like from June to July, CIC increased processing times for sponsorship approval from 40+ days
to 60 days processing but that's just maybe because of the holidays and people taking their vacations.
If you submitted a complete application, Manila office can process (based on past applications here) issuance of VISA
as short as 3-4 months!

Many of applicants who submitted last May already had their Visas issued this August.
I know it's really an ordeal and at times processing would feel that it's painstakingly slow, but
we all just have to hold on to the idea that as each day passes, we are getting closer to ending
this. :)

batesmotel

Feb 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 28th 2011
File Transfer...
October 21, 2011
Med's Done....
July 5th, 2011
Interview........
Hopefully not required
Passport Req..
December 15, 2011
LANDED..........
Thanks trizienne for the encouragement.....I think the Postal strike also backlogged the applications ......1 month they probably received less applications and then they came flooding in after the strike finished....

I really would like to wrap this all up in one more trip to Siquijor....If it will take another 11 months, I think I will have to make 2 trips...(I've made 2 trips to The Philippines already at a cool $5,000 per trip)..lol....

Waiting....waiting.....Thank God for web cams and YM... ;)..... Oh...and my phone bill is creeping up there too...lol....Siquijor has very poor electricity....so many brownouts...

Greg

Temp

Aug 18, 2011
batesmotel said:
Wow:

Do they "fast track" spousal sponsorship's compared to other family applications?

Greg
Yes on the spousal part. other family applications take up to 2 years or more now.

Normal time for sponsor approval was 30 days, it's gone up. As you said it, postal strike made that worse.

Some people have gotten DM/Visa in 3 months. Some are still waiting 9 months later.

Each case is different. How you paid. How your application was sent. Time of year. How many applications. And of course the person working on your application.

And don't believe a word those 'immigration expert's tell you.

Just going by those days you posted. I take it you didn't wait the normal processing time in PH to get married?

If your wife lives in area where power isn't great, mail service probly isn't great either, you might want look for guide on caips notes.

Alot of the delays are because mail in PH and people never receive letters. End up waiting and waiting and waiting.

MaRiPoSa18

Aug 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Praise the Lord!
LANDED..........
will be celebrating our anniversary together! :)
batesmotel said:
Thanks trizienne for the encouragement.....I think the Postal strike also backlogged the applications ......1 month they probably received less applications and then they came flooding in after the strike finished....

I really would like to wrap this all up in one more trip to Siquijor....If it will take another 11 months, I think I will have to make 2 trips...(I've made 2 trips to The Philippines already at a cool $5,000 per trip)..lol....

Waiting....waiting.....Thank God for web cams and YM... ;)..... Oh...and my phone bill is creeping up there too...lol....Siquijor has very poor electricity....so many brownouts...

Greg
hello Greg, you dont have to worry bout the backlogged and all, again, its case to case basis for every applications..as long as youve submitted a complete application and a 100% proof of your relationship with you wife, then everything is fine.. Goodluck to you and to all of us..keep on praying..:)

batesmotel

Feb 5, 2011
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 28th 2011
File Transfer...
October 21, 2011
Med's Done....
July 5th, 2011
Interview........
Hopefully not required
Passport Req..
December 15, 2011
LANDED..........
Temp said:
Yes on the spousal part. other family applications take up to 2 years or more now.

Normal time for sponsor approval was 30 days, it's gone up. As you said it, postal strike made that worse.

Some people have gotten DM/Visa in 3 months. Some are still waiting 9 months later.

Each case is different. How you paid. How your application was sent. Time of year. How many applications. And of course the person working on your application.

And don't believe a word those 'immigration expert's tell you.

Just going by those days you posted. I take it you didn't wait the normal processing time in PH to get married?

If your wife lives in area where power isn't great, mail service probly isn't great either, you might want look for guide on caips notes.

Alot of the delays are because mail in PH and people never receive letters. End up waiting and waiting and waiting.
I'm not sure what the normal processing time is ...for The Philippines....but I can tell you this....they have more red tape that Canada does!

We first had to go to Cenomar (or NSO? I can't remember) to make sure I don't have any other wives or obligations there in PH....Normally that takes 5 working days, but my wife's sister in law knows someone who knows someone at the Cenomar office....we got that done in 1 day...Thank the lord! Then, I had to present my divorce papers to the Canadian Consulate in Cebu....that when smoothly.....Then, we had to present my "eligibility to marry" to the the city hall in Larena, Siquijor 10 working days before our marriage, in order for them to give us a marriage license...

So...I had to get to Cebu 3 weeks before our marriage...Chi-Ching $$ no pay from my work in those three weeks! lol. Anyways, so we get married....honeymoon...I return home to Toronto.

Then my wife Lyle (pronounced "Lylee" ...btw, everyone thinks I married a guy...lol...) must take a boat to Dumaguete to "Authenticate" our marriage at the NSO office and also get a police check. The marriage authentication took over 1 month to process. So.we wait the 1 month to get NSO authentication. Then, Lylee takes another boat Back to Cebu (10 hour boat trip) in order to present to the passport office (in Cebu) the NSO marriage authentication...The amendment to Lylee's passport took another 45 days to process. After that, Lylee got her medical exam (very fast....two appointments....only took 3 days from the time she received her passport amendment). Lylee gathers all the docs and couriers them to me here in Toronto. .... Whew! I am exhausted just typing down all the running around...I feel sorry for my poor wife....

So all in all, it took us 3 1/2 months of running around and waiting in PH to get married and to gather all the docs needed before we could submit our application....

So, please tell me...is that the normal routine for everyone out there?

Anyways, it is all done except for the waiting now.....Lylee is worth it....But it does astound me how difficult and expensive the whole process is....I never could have realized, when I first met Lylee online 1 year ago, how many hurdles and hoops we would have to jump over/through to get this completed....

All for love...I am sure in 20 years we will look back at this and laugh...nothing worthwhile is ever easy!

Greg

PS Thanks for the tips about the mail service...btw what is "guide on caips notes" ?

Enchalata

Sep 4, 2011
Hello to everyone,

I've been watching the forums here for quite some time with great interest. Happy to see so many people get their visa's without too much trouble.

I have more of a question for anyone who has travelled to Canada from Manila with a stopover in Japan.
We have a Decision Made as of 1 week ago (still waiting to see what the decision is, papers haven't been delivered yet), however, assuming all is well I wanted to know if a transit visa is needed if she stopped over in Japan on her Philippine passport?
I can't seem to get an answer from the Japanese government sites and I'd rather fly my wife through Japan since Hong Kong seems rediculously over priced these days.

Aside from that, her timeline thus far is as follows:

Submitted to Missisauga March 8th
Approved sponsor and forwarded to Manila April 12th
Received Passport request May 4th (letter was dated April 20)
Mailed Passport request in May 10th
Medical results received June 14th
In process August 4th
Received letter August 13th (dated for july 28th) that they needed a police report from UAE which we already sent
Wife visited Embassy in person August 15th explaining it was sent in the package
Embassy found the paper and proceeded to process
DM August 25th
Still waiting for letter/visa to show up

Out of curiousity, has anyone ever been rejected without an interview? (hate waiting for a letter to show up)

Thanks in advance