+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSE / FAMILY CLASS timeline MANILA Visa Office PHILIPPINES

ella2321

Star Member
Oct 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jeans22 said:
I see. Sana nga sinabi ng checklist na "Your marriage must be registered at the NSO and you must submit an Advisory of Marriage from the NSO" edi sana mas madali natin na-prepare.

When were you guys married? Also, is this the first time you and your husband got married? And finally, pa-share naman ng timeline. I'm really curious as to how this turns out kase medyo pareho din yung situation natin. Being married abroad that is. Maybe you can ask the Philippine Consulate na pabilisin yung processing ng report on marriage nyo for immigration purposes.

Keep me posted, k? Thank you very much and Good Luck!!
sana nga nilagay sa checklist well we got married here vancouver april 18 ,its our first marriage both side.phil consulate told me that its up to nso di sa kanila so i dont know whats gonna happen but keep praying

ella2321

Star Member
Oct 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cezvi said:
Ask ko lang po bakit hindi nyo na lang sinama sa application nyo yung Cenomar/Advisory in Marriage nung sinubmit nyo yung applications nyo? Nakalagay naman sa Document Checklist na kailangan ipadala yun pag sinubmit na yung application nyo sa CPC-M. Saves you time in that case..
cervi wel my husband submit cenomar but embassy need aom so i dont know whats gonna happen ....................so if you have some info pls help me

cezvi

Star Member
May 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 01, 2010
AOR Received.
Oct 14, 2010
File Transfer...
Sep 30, 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 21, 2010
Interview........
none/waived
Passport Req..
Oct 14, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 15, 2010
LANDED..........
January 13, 2011
ella2321 said:
cervi wel my husband submit cenomar but embassy need aom so i dont know whats gonna happen ....................so if you have some info pls help me
just from the way i've been reading here, manila embassy's been asking a lot of aom's from applicants who've already submitted their aom's or for those who submitted a cenomar to submit an aom..
the only info i can give you is that my husband requested for a cenomar at nso but it wasn't the same cenomar as the one we got before we got married. instead, nso gave us what i assumed was aom since it said something like "name of man is married to name of woman" and the number of times the applicant's been married.

Earal

Aug 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-'10
AOR Received.
08-25-'10
File Transfer...
08-09-'10
Med's Done....
06-24-'10
Passport Req..
09-16-'10
VISA ISSUED...
01-25-'11 DM
cezvi said:
just from the way i've been reading here, manila embassy's been asking a lot of aom's from applicants who've already submitted their aom's or for those who submitted a cenomar to submit an aom..
the only info i can give you is that my husband requested for a cenomar at nso but it wasn't the same cenomar as the one we got before we got married. instead, nso gave us what i assumed was aom since it said something like "name of man is married to name of woman" and the number of times the applicant's been married.
as far as i know cenomar and AOM are not the same...cenomar, dont know if the spelling is right is a non marriage certificate...kinukuha ito bago kau magpakasal; while AOM which is Advisory of Marriage, certifies that you are married to somebody...at kinukuha ito pagkatapos ng kasal. this is what i know, correct me if im wrong thanks!

causticlilgirlie

May 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Earal said:
as far as i know cenomar and AOM are not the same...cenomar, dont know if the spelling is right is a non marriage certificate...kinukuha ito bago kau magpakasal; while AOM which is Advisory of Marriage, certifies that you are married to somebody...at kinukuha ito pagkatapos ng kasal. this is what i know, correct me if im wrong thanks!
hi cezvi and earal,

from my understanding, the way to get it is to get a certificate of no marriage (cenomar). if you really aren't married, then they'll give you a certificate that says you aren't and have never been married. if you are, then they'll give you a certificate that says you are married to such and such - which then becomes your advisory of marriage (aom).

hope that helps clear things up! :)

Sep 21, 2010
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21-12-2010
I've been reading some threads here and they mostly said that CENOMAR and AOM are just the same....

But in my own understanding... they are obviously not the same...

CRS Form No. 4 (CENOMAR) refers to a document issued by the NATIONAL STATISTICS OFFICE (NSO) in the Philippines, upon request for marriage, and to certify that a person whether his/her name appears or not appear in the National Indices of Marriages.

CRS Form No. 5 (Advisory on Marriages) refers to a document that is issued/released by the NSO upon request, once a person is already married. It shows all marriages (current and previous) that he/she have. But when requesting, he/she will use the CENOMAR request form.

jeans22

Apr 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cezvi said:
I'm sure you got a different kind of AOM kase may record na yung marriage nyo sa NSO. The question is pano makakakuha kaagad ng AOM ang mga marriages that were done abroad? It's a long process to report a marriage from abroad at mas mahabang process pa for the NSO to record this kind of marriage... :(

Earal said:
In my opinion, a CENOMAR is an Advisory on Marriage. There are two kinds of AOMs - yung CENOMAR (Certificate of No Marriage) which you get kung wala pang record and marriage sa NSO at yung isa naman ay certificate which states that you are married and how many times you've been married.

I'm a little worried about this whole AOM situation as well kaya pupunta ako sa Canadian Embassy first thing monday morning to ask myself. I hope I find the answer that I'm looking for.

@ella - I'll pass to you the info I get as well. Sana walang maging masyadong delay sa pagpo-process ng application natin dahil dito.

Good Luck to us all.

cezvi

Star Member
May 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 01, 2010
AOR Received.
Oct 14, 2010
File Transfer...
Sep 30, 2010
Med's Done....
Jun 21, 2010
Interview........
none/waived
Passport Req..
Oct 14, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 15, 2010
LANDED..........
January 13, 2011
Earal said:
you're right a Cenomar is not the same as an Advisory on Marriage.. But when you go to NSO and ask for AOM you'll be filling out a Cenomar form anyways. I don't think there's an AOM form at NSO.

jopok

Star Member
Oct 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2009
Doc's Request.
26-05-2010
Med's Request
16-08-2010
Med's Done....
21-09-2010
Interview........
14-05-2012
Passport Req..
21-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
06-06-2012
guys,

i think what we must do is to secure AOM eventhough di pa nanghihingi ang CE, at least kung kailangan nga eh meron na agd maibbgay to avoid delay. time is gold especially kung ang pag-reunite with ur family abroad ang nakataya. What do u think?

filipina

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2010
Med's Done....
16-08-2010
Passport Req..
04-01-11
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2011
LANDED..........
18-02-2011
cezvi said:
you're right a Cenomar is not the same as an Advisory on Marriage.. But when you go to NSO and ask for AOM you'll be filling out a Cenomar form anyways. I don't think there's an AOM form at NSO.
hi explain ko po yung akin ako naman po kumuha ako ng CENOMAR/AOM bali ang cenomar kinukuha sya before ka ikasal lalabas talaga na wala ka asawa but after ng wedding then kumuha ka ng CENOMAR which is same form din po ang fill-upan mo Green form kung naka record na ang kasal magiging AOM na po sya ang prob po kasi sa NSO iisang form lang po ang ginagamit ngayon sa NSO paper lang po malalaman sa result na kung CENOMAR ng singleness yun ang nakalagay pero kung AOM, FORM 5 Advisory of marriage po ang lalabas.

kakakuha ko lang po ng CENOMAR bago ako ikasal Green form po ang fill-upan ko then after our marriage Green Form ulit pero FORM 5 AOM na po ang result.
sa NSO ang prob pinag isa na po nila ang paper i think kasi automatic nmn na nalabas na kung single ka or kinasal na..

filipina

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2010
Med's Done....
16-08-2010
Passport Req..
04-01-11
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2011
LANDED..........
18-02-2011
jopok said:
guys,

i think what we must do is to secure AOM eventhough di pa nanghihingi ang CE, at least kung kailangan nga eh meron na agd maibbgay to avoid delay. time is gold especially kung ang pag-reunite with ur family abroad ang nakataya. What do u think?
jopok

thats true ako kinuha ko na yung asawa ko AOM bago ako umalis ng pinas para ipasa ko na d2 sama sama na pati baptismal para wala hussle late registry kasi ang asawa ko kaya kailangan nun. then ngaun ang embassy madami sila hiningi lalo na hanggat may mahihinge hihingen nila kaya ipasa mo na din AOM

filipina

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2010
Med's Done....
16-08-2010
Passport Req..
04-01-11
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2011
LANDED..........
18-02-2011
ella2321 said:
its been sept 30 immgration officer calling my husband but my husband didnt answer it coz his too busy so this afternoon they called me asking for 3 doc which is original copy of marriage certificate, passport and aom and i told them okey aom means cenomar he told me no its aom advisory of marriage and i answer we got married here in vancouver so how i can get aom she told me just ask your husband to get from nso ...........then she told me she gonna give ask 30 days for this document ....thats it so now im so stress coz in the checklist they never indicated for aom so i dont know ...............tom i gonna go to philipines consulate and ask for certification for aom is in process ..........................hoping this can help me
i think kailangam mo po ma i record sa NSO ang kasal nyo kasi makakuha ka lang nun if naka record sa NSO ang kasal mo.. palagay ko po habang kinocontact mo ang Phil.consulate why dont you guys try yung Municipal office ng asawa mo kung nasan sya then ask kung pwede ba ma register ang marriage nyo and then sila kasi nag foforward nun sa NSO or pede na din ask sa NSO kung anu gagawin... pwede magtanung tanung pati kahit sa attny just incase lang na wala pa result sa Phil. embasy. kunting panahon lang ang 30days ang marriage contract pa nmn it takes 3-4weeks para ma register sa NSO pero pede mo i-pa rush... gusto lang nila malaman kung anu status ng asawa mo sa pinas.. kung hindi na ka record sa pinas singleness makukuha nya sa NSO, AOM is prrof din po na isa lang pinakasalan at naka indicate dun kung cnu pinakasalan...

other options po kung hindi umabot ng 30days pwede naman po sulatan ang embassy kung bakit hindi kayo makapag provide then explain then attached proof marriage cert. nakalagay naman sa letter nila kung d maka pag provide just send a written explanation... basta maka responce ka lang within 30days im sure aabot yun...

hope nakatulog po ako :)

filipina

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2010
Med's Done....
16-08-2010
Passport Req..
04-01-11
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2011
LANDED..........
18-02-2011
jeans22 said:
Not sure about ella's case, pero for me sinubmit ko naman yun CENOMAR ko kasama ng application. But when I got my PPR it also asked for another AOM so kumuha ulet ako sa NSO. Even though married na ako wala pa din record sa NSO ng marriage ko kase it was done abroad. It will take a long time bago daw yun mag-appear sa record ng NSO so sinubmit ko na lang ulet yung CENOMAR with my passport last week. I'm thinking humingi lang ulet ang embassy ng isa pa either because they want an updated AOM (kase yung pinadala ko kinuha ko before our marriage) or they want to verify na wala akong pinakasalang iba after our marriage in the States. Not really sure kung ano ba talaga ang intention ng embassy kung bakit humingi ulet sila ng AOM even though nagsend na ako ng CENOMAR the first time. Hay...

As for documentation na legit ang marriage, I think that's what the marriage certificate is for.

Ginawa ko din yun e. Pumunta ako ng NSO and I showed them my marriage cert kaso sabi nila dapat daw i-report sa embassy abroad kung saan naganap yung marriage and in turn yung embassy ang magre-report sa NSO.

Especially in regards to marriages contracted abroad, I guess the real question is - kelangan bang naka-register sa NSO ang marriage bago ma-process ang immigration? If so, dapat nilagay nila ito sa guidelines/checklist right? Pero ang sabi rin sa checklist - "If you do not have a record of your marriage in the NSO, send a CENOMAR". NAKAKALITO NAMAN SOBRA!!!! What do you guys think?

try to send written letter sa embassy while procces kung panu ma pa NSO para hidni mag laps ang binigay na date. explain nyo lang na sa ibang bansa ang marriage then kung naayos nyo na process nyo na kung matagal ang waiting lagay nyo din kung ilang months ang waiting time para alam ng embassy na hindi makaka pag provide and nag aantay pa.

filipina

Dec 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-10-2010
Med's Done....
16-08-2010
Passport Req..
04-01-11
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2011
LANDED..........
18-02-2011
jalene said:
Hello, sensya na ngyon lang me nakareply.. Oo hiningi nila kc late registered ung BC ko.
hi jalene

ibig sabihin ba lahat ng yun hininge hindi ba pwed isa lang Baptismal lang, pipili lang dun o lahat talga pati skul record and voters id hininge, yung skul records.

ella2321

Star Member
Oct 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jeans22 said:
I'm sure you got a different kind of AOM kase may record na yung marriage nyo sa NSO. The question is pano makakakuha kaagad ng AOM ang mga marriages that were done abroad? It's a long process to report a marriage from abroad at mas mahabang process pa for the NSO to record this kind of marriage... :(

In my opinion, a CENOMAR is an Advisory on Marriage. There are two kinds of AOMs - yung CENOMAR (Certificate of No Marriage) which you get kung wala pang record and marriage sa NSO at yung isa naman ay certificate which states that you are married and how many times you've been married.

I'm a little worried about this whole AOM situation as well kaya pupunta ako sa Canadian Embassy first thing monday morning to ask myself. I hope I find the answer that I'm looking for.

@ ella - I'll pass to you the info I get as well. Sana walang maging masyadong delay sa pagpo-process ng application natin dahil dito.

Good Luck to us all.
jean22 thank you ha pls help need to find out gonna happen kasi its long process to register our marriage its take 3-6monthsor 1 year but phil consulate told me that they gonna give me copy or report of marriage then ask me to notarized it then even my marriage certificate then make a letter to expalin then with notarized din so tom i will get the report of marriage here nakiusap ako grabe pakiusap to have this so lucky sbi nila monday but they give chance kasi pinakita ko yung letter ng immgration satin na its only 30 days to submit all requirment coz they should put the visa on my husband passport so i assume ready na yung visa ng asawa ko basta submit ko lng yung hinihingi so hoping d madelay kasi sombody told me here na 8 months sya sa pinas then immragtion ask her to get aom and she try to ask NSO pero yung binigay pa rin sa kanya is cenomar kasi di pa rin register yung kasal nila from here sa vancouver then gnawa nya is she made letter and notarized it wla naman daw naging problema so hoping maging ok na lahat im so tired grabe .........went to phil consulate then work until 2am even now eto nag babasa ng mga reply nyo .................

i know cenomar is different from aom but my fren told me na cenomar is a form of aom so meaning embassy just want to be sure na yung marriged nyo is for real or if my husband got married for the period of time na magkahiwalay kami during procesing ng papel or checking kung wala naganap na kasal sa iba ...so yung mga may alam about this topic pls post kasi tom gonna send all the document to my husband para next week mapasa nya na sa embassyy need more info ..........

PLS help .......... thank you