Passport Req..
09-Jul-2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 14, 2012
LANDED..........
September 28, 2012
Manila012 said:
Hi

I've been waiting for my visa and was browsing through some forums. I noticed that a lot of comments said that even if the passport was already requested by the emba, it takes several months for the visa to be returned. Nanghina loob ko sa mga timeline na nabasa ko so i would just like to post this to ease the minds of some readers.

I just received a call from the embassy telling me my visa has been granted. It has just been 3 weeks after I mailed my passport. I got 2 letters. 1st one telling sponsor is eligible, after less than a month the second one came requesting some forms and my passport.

I sent my passport June 30 (Sunday).

Got the call today July 26

Will buy jacket & cassava cake tom (July 27)

Will fly on Tuesday (July 31)

Thanks MNL Emba :)

- Hope this info helps :)

Everything's gonna be okay
wow! i would really want my application to be exactly the same way as yours!!!! this is awesome, very happy for you, God bless you as you go to Canada!!! :D :D :D

0jenifer0

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 29, 2011 (CPC-M recvd Nov 1, 2011)
Doc's Request.
Feb 13, 2012 (sent June 4, 2012)
AOR Received.
Dec 29, 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 11, 2012
Med's Request
Aug 13, 2012 (recvd 08-23-2012) (redo 08-30-2012)
Med's Done....
May 26, 2011 exprd.
Passport Req..
Feb 8, 2012 (sent 03-23-2012)
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 28, 2012 (12-2-12 DM) (12-7-2012 delivered)
LANDED..........
DEC-25-2012
Manila012 said:
Salamat Sir/Ma'm

Yeah. Napakasaya ko makakasama ko na wife and daughter ko. Pero im sure masmasaya kayo if ever dahil padating na din yung sanyo.

Im really not sure about the details but my wife sent our application to Canada last Dec 2011. 1st letter came I think it was May 22 then sunod sunod na. I guess it helped that I got my medicals first and sent it along with the application. We also paid all the fees first and included the receipts. Siguro they noticed that my medical will expire this August and they were kind enough to approve it this month.

Nagbook na kami ng flight pagka send ko ng passport so when the embassy called and asked me "how prepared are you to go to canada?"
I told them my flight details then natawa na lang yung kausap ko and sabi I still need to attend PDOS but I can just do it on Monday.

They say that good things come to those who wait,

I say its much much better ;)

Goodluck Guys

PS: Alam nyo ba kung saan pwede mag PDOS sa quezon city?malapit cubao sana. Salamat!

Wow Congrats ulit, about sa counselling mo para sa CFO sticker isa lang sa Manila at located ito sa Q.C para sa mga SPOUSES at FIANCE yung address sa baba galing na ko dyan at umattend at para sa araw every TUESDAY-FRIDAY lang walang reservation first come first serve ang slot. Yung sa Quirino Manila for OVERSEAS WORKERS naman iyon . Click the link below para sa requirements at oras for attending the counseling.

Canada
Tuesdays and Fridays
9:00 am-12:00 nn
(12 slots per session)

St. Mary Euphrasia Foundation - Center for Overseas Workers (SMEF-COW)
Good Shepherd Convent
1043 Aurora Boulevard, Quezon City
Tel. (632) 913-6439
E-mail: smef_cow @ yahoo.com.ph

Requirements for Registration
Original and photocopy of Passport;
Original and photocopy of visa;
Original and photocopy of Immigrant Data Summary for US bound/ Confirmation of Permanent Residence for Canada bound/ Certification of Eligibility (for Japan-bound);
Original CFO guidance and counseling certificate;
Duly completed emigrant registration form; and
Payment of the authorized registration fee.

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1348:fiancee-spouses-and-other-partners-of-foreign-nationals&catid=140

0jenifer0

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Dec 29, 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 11, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
May 26, 2011 exprd.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
DEC-25-2012
For Filipinos leaving the country with immigrant VISA

What you need to know...

As a Filipino emigrant, or those who have been granted an immigrant-class visa, you are required by the Philippine Government by virtue of Article 19 of Presidential Decree No. 442, , to register with the Commission on Filipinos Overseas before leaving the country to settle in a foreign land. An emigrant who has properly registered with the commission will have in his passport the CFO sticker which will be inspected by the Bureau of Immigration upon departure.

Registration to the CFO requires the emigrant to present originals and photocopies of relevant documents, fill out a registration form for Emigrants (click here) or for Immigrant Workers (click here), attend the Pre-departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS) or the Peer Counseling Seminar, and pay the authorized registration fee. The PDOS is a brief, two-hour seminar on settlement issues and concerns such as finding employment, rights and obligations of immigrants as well as policies and procedures on how to secure foreign citizenship. The Peer Counseling Seminar is a special session for those with ages 13 to 19 years, which aims to prepare them emotionally for the adjustments they will have to take.

Provided that all requirements have been presented and submitted, the whole process of registration shall be done in half a day.

No Reservations Required for CFO PDOS

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1347%3Afor-filipinos-leaving-the-country-with-an-immigrant-visa&catid=139&Itemid=799

0jenifer0

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Dec 29, 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 11, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
May 26, 2011 exprd.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
DEC-25-2012
Important Notes:

The CFO and SMEF-COW have offices in Metro Manila and Metro Cebu. Visit the offices where it is most convenient.

Please check the schedule of the counseling session before proceeding to SMEF-COW or CFO because it is country-specific and the slots are only limited. It is on a first-come-first-serve basis.

You may avail of the Guidance and Counseling Session even while you are still processing or waiting for your visa. If such is the case, you will only be issued the GCC. Once your visa is released, you will return to CFO to continue with your registration. The CFO sticker will then be affixed on your passport.

You will pay a fee totaling PhP 650.00. The PhP 250.00 is paid as counseling fee at SMEF-COW while the PhP 400.00 is for registration at the CFO.

fhj1203

Star Member
May 18, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Doc's Request.
27-07-2011
AOR Received.
22-10-2010
Med's Done....
26-07-2011
Interview........
09-05-2012
Passport Req..
09-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2012
LANDED..........
09-05-2012
0jenifer0 said:
For Filipinos leaving the country with immigrant VISA

What you need to know...

As a Filipino emigrant, or those who have been granted an immigrant-class visa, you are required by the Philippine Government by virtue of Article 19 of Presidential Decree No. 442, , to register with the Commission on Filipinos Overseas before leaving the country to settle in a foreign land. An emigrant who has properly registered with the commission will have in his passport the CFO sticker which will be inspected by the Bureau of Immigration upon departure.

Registration to the CFO requires the emigrant to present originals and photocopies of relevant documents, fill out a registration form for Emigrants (click here) or for Immigrant Workers (click here), attend the Pre-departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS) or the Peer Counseling Seminar, and pay the authorized registration fee. The PDOS is a brief, two-hour seminar on settlement issues and concerns such as finding employment, rights and obligations of immigrants as well as policies and procedures on how to secure foreign citizenship. The Peer Counseling Seminar is a special session for those with ages 13 to 19 years, which aims to prepare them emotionally for the adjustments they will have to take.

Provided that all requirements have been presented and submitted, the whole process of registration shall be done in half a day.

No Reservations Required for CFO PDOS

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1347%3Afor-filipinos-leaving-the-country-with-an-immigrant-visa&catid=139&Itemid=799
ung peer counselling sa QuezonCity rin ba?thanks

abzqueen

Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-11-2011
Doc's Request.
08-02-2012
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
20-09-2011
Passport Req..
08-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
Inshaallah
LANDED..........
Inshaallah
0jenifer0 said:

Wow Congrats ulit, about sa counselling mo para sa CFO sticker isa lang sa Manila at located ito sa Q.C para sa mga SPOUSES at FIANCE yung address sa baba galing na ko dyan at umattend at para sa araw every TUESDAY-FRIDAY lang walang reservation first come first serve ang slot. Yung sa Quirino Manila for OVERSEAS WORKERS naman iyon . Click the link below para sa requirements at oras for attending the counseling.

Canada
Tuesdays and Fridays
9:00 am-12:00 nn

this is for Counselling diba?everyday naman ang PDOS at 60 slots din available per session..
(12 slots per session)

St. Mary Euphrasia Foundation - Center for Overseas Workers (SMEF-COW)
Good Shepherd Convent
1043 Aurora Boulevard, Quezon City
Tel. (632) 913-6439
E-mail: smef_cow @ yahoo.com.ph

Requirements for Registration
Original and photocopy of Passport;
Original and photocopy of visa;
Original and photocopy of Immigrant Data Summary for US bound/ Confirmation of Permanent Residence for Canada bound/ Certification of Eligibility (for Japan-bound);
Original CFO guidance and counseling certificate;
Duly completed emigrant registration form; and
Payment of the authorized registration fee.

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1348:fiancee-spouses-and-other-partners-of-foreign-nationals&catid=140

KMAEP

Mar 20, 2011
brampton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JANUARY 4, 2011
Med's Done....
DECEMBER 9, 2010
Interview........
JUNE 28, 2011
Passport Req..
FEBRUARY 28, 2011
LANDED..........
SEPTEMBER 11, 2011
susanaplacador said:
can help me kasi rcvd ako ng e-mail ito ang naka lagay
this refer to your application for permanent residence in Canada under family class category

Please be advice that your application is currently queued for visa officer's review,to
confirm whether an interview will be warranted or not

kindly wait for our advice on this matter.

di ko alam ko may interview o magkaka visa na ba? please i need your reply regarding this matter salamat and god bless sa may mga visa na at mga papa alis na.
@ susanaplacador

did you inquire or follow up your application to the embassy and sent it through email??
well it only means you just need more patience you just need to wait for another update on your status..
on review palang application mo which dumadaan naman lahat ng application sa ganun and once finish na ang officer if satisfied sa mga pinadala nyo visa na if not they may call you to undergo an interview.

susanaplacador

Star Member
Jul 21, 2011
KMAEP said:
@ susanaplacador

did you inquire or follow up your application to the embassy and sent it through email??
well it only means you just need more patience you just need to wait for another update on your status..
on review palang application mo which dumadaan naman lahat ng application sa ganun and once finish na ang officer if satisfied sa mga pinadala nyo visa na if not they may call you to undergo an interview.
yup nag follow up ako kasi mahigit na one yr kaya nag reply sila after 2 wks

0jenifer0

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Dec 29, 2011
File Transfer...
Jan 11, 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
May 26, 2011 exprd.
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
DEC-25-2012
fhj1203 said:
ung peer counselling sa QuezonCity rin ba?thanks

Oo duon din ho.

kattes

Star Member
Mar 31, 2012
hello po we sent our application last april 24 2012. i checked CIC website and i saw that they are currently processing April 30th application. its already 3 mons and we havent received any letter wether my husband was approve or not.Im heading to Saskatchewan which is originally Toronto when we submitted our application. However my husband moved to Oxbow Saskatchewan because of a new job offer which is something that he cant earn if he stayed in the city,Toronto.
We contacted CIC and updated my husband's new address. They said that changes has been noted. My husband even sent his new employer information and letter coming from his new employer--then yesterday we got a letter from CIC saying that those information were not yet needed since our application was not yet currently on process and they will ask those unless needed. They even said that they cannot locate our file. What does it mean? Im loosing all my hope.
Im seeing different timeline that after 3 mons --you guys got the letter of sponsorship approval. In our case there's really none.
Just the last letter stating that they didnt need those information update unless ask.
Please help me or give me an idea what was really happpening. Whenever I entered our Client ID number in Ecas its showing that they might received it but havent process it.
Me and my husband was like sad. I can even see his excitement whenever he visits his PO Box mail with envelopes on it. But when he opened it--its just for credit card bills :-[ Please help!
Godbless!

mariawalker

Star Member
Jan 19, 2012
2 Things lang yon sister, either may interview ka or visa na at least alam mo ang development it won't take that long.

WISH YOU LUCK!

susanaplacador said:
can help me kasi rcvd ako ng e-mail ito ang naka lagay
this refer to your application for permanent residence in Canada under family class category

Please be advice that your application is currently queued for visa officer's review,to
confirm whether an interview will be warranted or not

kindly wait for our advice on this matter.

di ko alam ko may interview o magkaka visa na ba? please i need your reply regarding this matter salamat and god bless sa may mga visa na at mga papa alis na.

dadaem

Aug 16, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 6, 2011
Med's Done....
Nov 8, 2011
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Feb 24, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
July 17, 2012
LANDED..........
July 31, 2012
plush21 said:
yes guys aug 2011 applicant po ako. april po na send ung passport ko.

@ jen, ngayon ko lng napansin sa status ko eh. minsan lng kasi ako nachecheck kasi meron kami issues ng misis ko.

@ crisent, next month na po august mag eexpire ung medical ko.

sana mag kakavisa na tayo ung mga 2011 applicant. ang hirap kasi ng long distance relationship. daming problema, dami ring pagbabago ng ugali.

@ dadaem ilang days ba bago mo nakuha ung visa mo after ma DM? sana ma DM na. tiwala lng talaga tayo sa Panginoon meron talaga dahilan sa lahat ng pag hihintay.

btw, may kapitbahay ako dito nag apply sila ng visiting visa last feb. nasa canada na sila ngayon.
Hi plush,

2 days after DM status, nareceive na ng hubby ko visa package.:)

susanaplacador

Star Member
Jul 21, 2011
mariawalker said:
2 Things lang yon sister, either may interview ka or visa na at least alam mo ang development it won't take that long.

WISH YOU LUCK!
tnx pinalakas mo ang loob ko hubby ko po kasi expired na kahapon ang medcal nya di ko alam kongg mar re redo sya kaya nag follow up ako at nag punta rin sya sa cem 2 wks ago sabay nag email ako kaya nag reply kasi 15 months na ang tagal kaya natuwa ako na nag reply ang cem. sana naman ang mga 2011 magka visa na kasi ang hirap talaga na malayo ka sa mahal mo..