+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSE / FAMILY CLASS timeline MANILA Visa Office PHILIPPINES

virtud

Star Member
Feb 28, 2011
Good day po sa lahat, ask ko lng po dito po ako sa alberta gusto ko po sanang isponsor ang asawa ko ano po kailangan kung mga requirement para makasama ko sya dto, PR Holder po ako... tnx po.

hawks

Sep 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 20, 2011 (mississauga)
File Transfer...
aug 22,2011 (CEM received app)
Med's Done....
may 2011 remed - Oct 2012
Interview........
may 2012
Passport Req..
sept 23, 2011 - PP sent Oct 5,2011
VISA ISSUED...
april 4,2013
LANDED..........
may 2013
virtud said:
Good day po sa lahat, ask ko lng po dito po ako sa alberta gusto ko po sanang isponsor ang asawa ko ano po kailangan kung mga requirement para makasama ko sya dto, PR Holder po ako... tnx po.
Hi Virtud :) U can check on this link and maybe this can help u in ur application https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LF-oK0c_F9kKPfiP9MjlKZZ1RzqQVCRLOKWV3QsRGZI/edit?hl=fil&pli=1

Goodluck! :)

virtud

Star Member
Feb 28, 2011
hawks said:
Hi Virtud :) U can check on this link and maybe this can help u in ur application https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LF-oK0c_F9kKPfiP9MjlKZZ1RzqQVCRLOKWV3QsRGZI/edit?hl=fil&pli=1

Goodluck! :)

tnx po

ABCG

Jan 2, 2012
Hi emrn halos parehas lang tayo ng timeline.. Nakakanerbyos noh.. Sana magkavisa na tayo.. Keep the faith. ;)

nester

Aug 12, 2011
manila, philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
toronto/2015
pinaynurse1 said:
Hi everyone!!! I've been in this forum for quite sometime already. Everyday I've been reading different stories and advices. Can anyone patiently explain in a very simple way the process of this spousal sponsorship? We hired a representative from Canada just to make sure that we wont miss anything and everything will go smoothly. It seems that some people with similar timeline as mine, got their PPR already..even those who had their spousal sponsorship approved later than mine...

As you can see in my timeline, we filed our application last week of September and was received by CIC on October 3rd. Our spousal sponsorship was approved last December 12th. Next should be PPR....I'm waiting.

My questions are the these:

1. Lately, whats the average time will the CEM sends PPR from the day our spousal sponsorship was approved?

2. Where will the PPR be send? Directly to me, here the Philippines because I'm here or in Canada because our representative is there?

3. What way will the PPR be send? Through my email? my representatives' email? Snail mail to me or Snail mail to our representative in Canada?

4. When I get my PPR? What do they request me to send them??? Just my passport alone?

5. After I send to them my Passport, whats the average time to wait until they make their decision?

6. Once they decide on the matter, how long will they send our visa?

Thanks so much... really appreciate it if someone can clarify everything in a simple manner... I tried reading all the messages in the forum but it seems like fixing the puzzle to get an idea. hehehe.
The appointed representative of the sponsor does not automatically make him a representative of the sponsored person. So if you did not appoint one, CEM will communicate with you directly. You and your sponsor are separate applicants... your sponsor for the sponsorship application, and you for permanent residence application.

After approval of the sponsorship, transaction will shift between you and CEM for the PPR and other documents they may require. Beforehand, it was between CIC and your sponsor. The e-cas of the sponsor will show "decision made".

It is really hard to tell where the bottleneck is unless you are sure that CEM has already received the advice from CIC. What is sure is that they have a timetable of some 10 months (pls chk this from website) although in many cases last year, much much sooner than that.

The additional documents such as Appendix A and additional information are very simple, you don't have to worry about that. Most of the info will be copied from those previously submitted. it is very important though, that you have copies of what your sponsor submitted so that you do not run into conflicting statements.

pinaynurse1

Star Member
Nov 22, 2011
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Canadian Embassy Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2011
IELTS Request
(not required, but i took it for employment purposes @ 7.5)
File Transfer...
12-12-2011
Med's Request
comes with my application
Med's Done....
16-09-2011
Interview........
hopefully not
Passport Req..
10-1-2012 (received 2-2-2012 - PPR sent at same day)
VISA ISSUED...
29-2-2012 (27 days after my passport was submitted)
LANDED..........
17-3-2012 (now in Canada :)) Good luck to those who are waiting. Its really nice here :)
nester said:
The appointed representative of the sponsor does not automatically make him a representative of the sponsored person. So if you did not appoint one, CEM will communicate with you directly. You and your sponsor are separate applicants... your sponsor for the sponsorship application, and you for permanent residence application.

After approval of the sponsorship, transaction will shift between you and CEM for the PPR and other documents they may require. Beforehand, it was between CIC and your sponsor. The e-cas of the sponsor will show "decision made".

It is really hard to tell where the bottleneck is unless you are sure that CEM has already received the advice from CIC. What is sure is that they have a timetable of some 10 months (pls chk this from website) although in many cases last year, much much sooner than that.

The additional documents such as Appendix A and additional information are very simple, you don't have to worry about that. Most of the info will be copied from those previously submitted. it is very important though, that you have copies of what your sponsor submitted so that you do not run into conflicting statements.

thank you so so much. Now, its clearer. Really appreciate your effort of answering all my queries. This forum is really such a big help. again and again, thank you sooooooo much :)

Beast

Oct 29, 2011
Hello,

Puwede po bang mag tanong sa inyong lahat ...

Pano po kayo ini-inform ng embassy pag DM na kayo? sa ecas ba? or thru email lang?

Or thru DHL para i-pick-up ang passport?

Thank you po sa advice.

Taxis

Star Member
Jan 5, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-26-2011
File Transfer...
11-15-2011
Passport Req..
12-30-2011 CEM Received... 01-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-25-2012
LANDED..........
February 01, if GOD permits..
Beast said:
Hello,

Puwede po bang mag tanong sa inyong lahat ...

Pano po kayo ini-inform ng embassy pag DM na kayo? sa ecas ba? or thru email lang?

Or thru DHL para i-pick-up ang passport?

Thank you po sa advice.
In my case sa Ecas. Then after 5 days dumating na ang Visa. Parang wala pa akong nakitang ininform ang applicant na DM via Email. Dhl ang talaga ang official courier may mga cases na pick kapag malapit ka lang sa branch office nila pero pag malayo talagang ihahatid nila yun sayo. :D ;)

Taxis

Star Member
Jan 5, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-26-2011
File Transfer...
11-15-2011
Passport Req..
12-30-2011 CEM Received... 01-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01-25-2012
LANDED..........
February 01, if GOD permits..
virtud said:
Hi. punta ka sa website cic.gc.ca then find family sponsorship then sa spouse. Makikita mo na ang lahat ng instructions and guides to answer all your questions. ;) Best of luck and God bless.

autumnal equinox

Star Member
Jan 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/08/2011
File Transfer...
18/10/2011
Med's Done....
25/07/2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
04/11/2011 (letter date)
VISA ISSUED...
27-01-2012
flyinga said:
punta ka sa website ng CSMLS..reqmts nila dpat i-mail ng university mo directly sa kanila ang transcripts mo and pati ung internship certificates. hnd pwede ung ikaw ang magsubmit sa knila..sa WES ako ngpa-assess ng credentials ko, kasama din un sa reqmts.

it's a long process kaya better start now, then pag nacomplete mo na lhat, ssbhan ka ng CSMLS what additional courses are required then after mo macomplete un pwde ka na mag certification exam.

tip pala sa exam is to focus on laboratory safety, dun ako bumagsak nung 1st try ko..wla naman kc non masyado sa pinas.hehe

good luck!
hi flyinga! i already had WES evaluation, nung nag-apply pa lang ako for AMT exam. so, ok na un? 1 year ka nag refresher course? are you working now in hospital?

Beast

Oct 29, 2011
Taxis said:
In my case sa Ecas. Then after 5 days dumating na ang Visa. Parang wala pa akong nakitang ininform ang applicant na DM via Email. Dhl ang talaga ang official courier may mga cases na pick kapag malapit ka lang sa branch office nila pero pag malayo talagang ihahatid nila yun sayo. :D ;)
Thank you Taxis.

flyinga

Nov 23, 2011
Bale ung courses, oo it took me a yr kase mahal naman ang bayad per course and they (CSMLS) give you 2 yrs naman para matapos mo lahat ng courses na need mo ma-complete.so nagipon pa ako.hehe

Kapa-pass ko lng ng exam last oct 2011 and just got my certificate 2 weeks ago, so right now job hunting..

just here if you have more questions.

good luck

emrn

Jun 8, 2011
Makati City, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2011 (September 02,2011)
File Transfer...
13-12-2011
Med's Request
13-12-2012 (remeds)
Med's Done....
27-07-2011/ remeds done 19-12-2012
Interview........
13-11-2012 Passed the Eligibility ;)
Passport Req..
27-12-2011 sent the same day
VISA ISSUED...
March 26, 2013 (DM: 28-03-2013)
LANDED..........
April 19, 2013
ABCG said:
Hi emrn halos parehas lang tayo ng timeline.. Nakakanerbyos noh.. Sana magkavisa na tayo.. Keep the faith. ;)
oo sobra as in parang nglalakad tayo sa alambre hahaha

pinaynurse1

Star Member
Nov 22, 2011
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Canadian Embassy Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-10-2011
IELTS Request
(not required, but i took it for employment purposes @ 7.5)
File Transfer...
12-12-2011
Med's Request
comes with my application
Med's Done....
16-09-2011
Interview........
hopefully not
Passport Req..
10-1-2012 (received 2-2-2012 - PPR sent at same day)
VISA ISSUED...
29-2-2012 (27 days after my passport was submitted)
LANDED..........
17-3-2012 (now in Canada :)) Good luck to those who are waiting. Its really nice here :)
emrn said:
oo sobra as in parang nglalakad tayo sa alambre hahaha
bat sayo may PPR na, sa akin wala pa??? huhuhu...

emrn

Jun 8, 2011
Makati City, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2011 (September 02,2011)
File Transfer...
13-12-2011
Med's Request
13-12-2012 (remeds)
Med's Done....
27-07-2011/ remeds done 19-12-2012
Interview........
13-11-2012 Passed the Eligibility ;)
Passport Req..
27-12-2011 sent the same day
VISA ISSUED...
March 26, 2013 (DM: 28-03-2013)
LANDED..........
April 19, 2013
pinaynurse1 said:
bat sayo may PPR na, sa akin wala pa??? huhuhu...
September ako ng file ng app. October ka di ba? But meron ngang ngkavisa na ng October at sa September wala pa. Sige lang wait ka lang. Kailan ba naapprove sponsor? or if u want check ka sa post office nyo taga saan ka ba malapit lang kasi ako nakatira sa CEM