File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, I'm currently working in Canada under a close work permit. Based on the recent update To unite with an immediate family member who is in Canada temporarily from the US, You don't need written authorization from IRCC . My partner, who is currently living in the states, wants to come to Canada to live with me. Have anyone tried that? Could you share some experience?
Per the link, your spouse can come to Canada but must show evidence their travel is non-discretionary.

Is your spouse a U.S. citizen? If so, that will make it relatively easy and they can enter based on their passport. If not, they may need a visa.

Note that in order to live in Canada, they should have a visa that allows them to do so. Normally in your situation this would be a spousal open work permit (assumign your job is NOC A, B or 0).

daniel_1

Aug 21, 2020
Per the link, your spouse can come to Canada but must show evidence their travel is non-discretionary.

Is your spouse a U.S. citizen? If so, that will make it relatively easy and they can enter based on their passport. If not, they may need a visa.

Note that in order to live in Canada, they should have a visa that allows them to do so. Normally in your situation this would be a spousal open work permit (assumign your job is NOC A, B or 0).
Thanks, she has a visa. I applied the open permit for her while applying mine. The non-discretionary evidence should be fine. She even sold the house and she's taking our dog together.

Reactions: scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks, she has a visa. I applied the open permit for her while applying mine. The non-discretionary evidence should be fine. She even sold the house and she's taking our dog together.
So just to be clear, has the open work permit been approved or have you just applied and she has a TRV?

Assuming she has an open work permit, she should be good to do as planned.

daniel_1

Aug 21, 2020
So just to be clear, has the open work permit been approved or have you just applied and she has a TRV?

Assuming she has an open work permit, she should be good to do as planned.
Yeah, she got the open work permit like a week ago. We applied the work permit in April. That was a long and painful experience.

Reactions: scylla

prigupta

May 20, 2020
Hello,

I hope someone can help me here.. I am a CEC Express entry applicant our file is in process from Aug 2020. My husband applied for a spousal open work permit he got his work permit approved today. He works in US and has a canadian visitors visa TRV already.

Can he enter Canada with his
- passport,
- the approval letter of work permit
- visitors visa which he already has?

or we need to apply for a new TRV for him? Please if anyone can help here would be great!
I tried calling CIC but they didn't say anything just we don't know and borders are closed