+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Employment History Not Available

shail1710

Jul 29, 2012
Hi everyone,

I want to add my wife as a co-signer on my parent's PR application. But I am unable to find her employment history.

She has worked through different agencies and also worked in odd jobs for few months having multiple gaps in between.

Is there a way, I can find her work history? Service Canada can provide only those work history for the employers who have provided their record of employment. Rest is still mystery.

Second scenario: If I don't add her as a co-signer, do I need to provide her employment history?

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
I am a bit confused. When someone is hired,either thru an employer, or thru a agency, they give their SIN, and that is recorded. When they leave that employment, the employer is too issue a ROE, aka Record of Employment, stating hours worked, etc, EVEN if they only worked one day, a ROE is too be issued. The employer will either issue a electronic ROE, or a paper ROE, though the preferred method these days is an electronic. Was all her work legal ? Did they get a copy of a paper ROE versus Electronic?

Last edited:

shail1710

Jul 29, 2012
I am a bit confused. When someone is hired,either thru an employer, or thru a agency, they give their SIN, and that is recorded. When they leave that employment, the employer is too issue a ROE, aka Record of Employment, stating hours worked, etc, EVEN if they only worked one day, a ROE is too be issued. The employer will either issue a electronic ROE, or a paper ROE, though the preferred method these days is an electronic. Was all her work legal ? Did they get a copy of a paper ROE versus Electronic?
Yes, all the work she did was on her SIN and legal. The matter is she can see ROE from 2 employers only in last 5 years. But she has worked for at least 6-7 different employers till date.

shail1710

Jul 29, 2012
Yes there were T4 and also have T1 General but it doesn't reflect the start and end for each employer. I need that information to fill in the sponsorship form.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
It sounds like some of the employers issued paper ROE's for her. If they were issued paper, the employer should have given a copy to the employee, and sent a copy to the ESDC. Supposed too, is the optimum word, they don't always, or they do not get scanned into the system. Electronic ROE you see everything, paper nothing. I would call Service Canada, and you can request copies of these

shail1710

Jul 29, 2012
It sounds like some of the employers issued paper ROE's for her. If they were issued paper, the employer should have given a copy to the employee, and sent a copy to the ESDC. Supposed too, is the optimum word, they don't always, or they do not get scanned into the system. Electronic ROE you see everything, paper nothing. I would call Service Canada, and you can request copies of these
Yes, I guess that's the only option to go for!

But just in case if I don't add her as a co-signer, do I still need to mention all her work history (as there is a place to mention in the financial evalutaion form) ?

shail1710

Jul 29, 2012
We have requested for the Record of Employment at Service Canada. They assured that they will contact each employer and will get the information. We will be able to see the details online in Service Canada account once they have the information.

shail1710

Jul 29, 2012
Can she not remember her 5-7 employers? Yes she had to give her employment history.
She knows the names, but none of the documents mentions her start and end dates of working for each employer. Only 2 employers have provided record of employment till date.