+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Education History/Work History

Nick89

Jan 25, 2017
This message is to enquire about my wife’s education history/work history section.

I had included my wife’s degree and higher secondary details under the education history section at the pre-ITA stage. Even though we hadn’t claimed any points (NO ECA), it has been carried over to the post-ITA form. In the upload document section, we could see upload files option corresponding to my wife's education history. What should be uploaded in this section? Please note that we have not done ECA and have not claimed points for this in the pre-ITA satge.

If I put `NO` to the question stating if this person has completed any post-secondary education, it would be contradicting with the answer I gave in the pre-ITA satge.

We are encountering the same issue in her work history section as well. The documents corresponding to her each work experience is asked for, though we have not got any points for this towards ITA.

It would be of immense help if someone could guide me on how to properly answer these sections.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
This message is to enquire about my wife’s education history/work history section.

I had included my wife’s degree and higher secondary details under the education history section at the pre-ITA stage. Even though we hadn’t claimed any points (NO ECA), it has been carried over to the post-ITA form. In the upload document section, we could see upload files option corresponding to my wife's education history. What should be uploaded in this section? Please note that we have not done ECA and have not claimed points for this in the pre-ITA satge.

If I put `NO` to the question stating if this person has completed any post-secondary education, it would be contradicting with the answer I gave in the pre-ITA satge.

We are encountering the same issue in her work history section as well. The documents corresponding to her each work experience is asked for, though we have not got any points for this towards ITA.

It would be of immense help if someone could guide me on how to properly answer these sections.

You can move these to Personal History section. Mention in LOE that since you are not claiming any points for the Education as well as Work, you moved it to Personal History. Then you will not need to upload any documents.

Reactions: Nick89

RiZ92

Aug 27, 2013

No Issues,
In Education Documents;
Write LOE (mentioning clearly that you are not claiming any points) and attach all the credentials that you had mentioned Pre ITA in a single PDF file

In Work History;
Write LOE (mentioning clearly that you are not claiming any points) and attach all the letter payslips and other proofs in a single PDF.

I have done that.

Nick89

Jan 25, 2017
You can move these to Personal History section. Mention in LOE that since you are not claiming any points for the Education as well as Work, you moved it to Personal History. Then you will not need to upload any documents.
Thank you for your kind reply. As you suggested I could move these details to personal history. However I will have to answer ``No`` to the questions: has this person completed any post-secondary education and does this person have any work experience. Would this be considered as a misrepresentation. Thank you again for your kind response.

Nick89

Jan 25, 2017
No Issues,
In Education Documents;
Write LOE (mentioning clearly that you are not claiming any points) and attach all the credentials that you had mentioned Pre ITA in a single PDF file

Thank you for your suggestion. Could I just upload an LOE and her certificates without ECA

In Work History;
Write LOE (mentioning clearly that you are not claiming any points) and attach all the letter payslips and other proofs in a single PDF.

We don`t have any such documents with us as we are currently residing in India and the work experience mentioned in the profile belongs to a job done in the middle east 2 years back. Since we didn`t claim points for it we were not expecting to submit any documents pertaining to this and consequently we have not collected proofs to support this.

I have done that.

RiZ92

Aug 27, 2013
Yes you can upload certificates and degrees with LOE

Its ok then. Proofs are not required for unclaimed CRS points. Just attach LOE explaining condition.

nikunj2605

Apr 9, 2017
I got ITA on 19 April 2017 as a single applicant then I got married on 21 April 2017 and my wife did Education evaluation and English test after that so English test result date is 20 April 2017 and Education Evaluation report date is 25 April 2017 Now my question is her Education evaluation date and IELTS result date is after ITA date so does it count for re-calculating score??

Becuase If I count this both then recalculating score going higher than that ITA cut off otherwise it is going lower. I also called many times to CIC call center they also can't able to answer that and ask me to submit my question here. it is very critical because I am not able to make a decision that shall I decline or go ahead with ITA.

So in conclusion, in this, my given scenario will express entry on submitting my ITA will count my wife's Education evaluation and English test result point on recalculating my score.

Thanks in advance for your time..!

niksi

Jul 5, 2017
Hi,

My spouse also has non Canadian work ex for which I haven't got any points. I am planning to submit his relieving letter(which contains joining date and last date) for past employment and pay stubs+ generic employment letter for current employment. is this fine ?

Do I need to explain this in LOE ?

shishir188

Nov 28, 2017
Hi Maverick28, I have just mentioned spouses's education as lower secondary pre ITA.spouse has master degree though which lies in last 10 years. Now,when I get ITA, should I just mention this in personal history? should i also include the degree/transcript in personal history section/LOE? or can I just put the highest degree (MBA) in the education section and not claim points by not having ECA done for this degree?we are in a situation as spouse have lost the secondary and bba certificate and transcript and it is a long run to manage those.
same goes for work experience. wrote in the section that there is no experience but in the personal history, I mentioned about spouse's working history. not included any working experience certificate. would that be any prooblem?
please suggest . thanks in advance

khan5858

Mar 9, 2014
No Issues,
In Education Documents;

In Work History;

I have done that.
are you so sure that you got approved because I have a similar problem and my deadline is very close? My wife is Swedish and I am Indian in Canada. I had her documents of education and work experience in the Swedish language. Translation will be a lot and long. since I didn't claim the point of my partner then what I need to do? Should I upload those documents and Also Upload L.O.E that I didn't claim the points.

manveer@12

May 26, 2023
Hi there, I am creating my express entry profile. do i need to tick YES for spouse history as he has only higher secondary education?
Can i say no?