+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spouse dependent visa

radhe17

Oct 28, 2019
hi, i got two time refused because of same reason as both time,i applied open work permit visa ,currently my wife is live in canada,as work permit ,i applied on dependent of her ,but i got rejection as same reason , frist rejection - • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 200(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit. • You have not adequately demonstrated that you meet the requirements of a spousal open work permit pursuant to section 205(c)(ii) of the Regulations. second rejection- 1.In accordance with Section A11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA), any person wishing to become a temporary resident of Canada must satisfy an officer that he or she is not inadmissible to Canada and meets the requirements of the Act. This includes the requirement to establish to the satisfaction of the officer that the applicant will respect their conditions of admission and will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for his or her stay. 2.You have not established that you are the spouse or that you meet the definition of common-law partner, as defined in the IRPR. both rejection has reason mention ,suggest me what should i do! i submitted all documents,like both job offer later,wedding card,mairrage certificate, also 13000$ bank balance ,her sponser later,property valuation of my father,wedding photo and hotel reception photo,both salary slip of last 6 month,description of how was we arranged marraige,my wife job code is noc code 0631,but still they give me same reason.

radhe17

Oct 28, 2019
Thank you so much. Frist time i alredy apply caips, according that way applied second time, but second time they gave me same reason, could you tell me ! Both rejection section which they gave me, it is same or not, because i don't hve idea about both time rejection section

mital1996

Dec 14, 2019
HI,

I got the similar reason for refusal. it says "You have not established that you are the spouse or that you meet the definition of common-law partner, as defined in the IRPR." I had submitted marriage certificate and photos moreover I had updated his name as spouse on my passport as well. I am clueless about how can I add any more information for establishment?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
HI,

I got the similar reason for refusal. it says "You have not established that you are the spouse or that you meet the definition of common-law partner, as defined in the IRPR." I had submitted marriage certificate and photos moreover I had updated his name as spouse on my passport as well. I am clueless about how can I add any more information for establishment?
Do you have picture of time spent together other than your wedding? Pictures not on the wedding day and over the longest period possible. Did you take a honeymoon together? Live together? Did you have a traditional marriage? Do you have proof of ongoing chats throughout your relationship and after marriage? Seems like additional proof that you are actually married is needed.

mital1996

Dec 14, 2019
Do you have picture of time spent together other than your wedding? Pictures not on the wedding day and over the longest period possible. Did you take a honeymoon together? Live together? Did you have a traditional marriage? Do you have proof of ongoing chats throughout your relationship and after marriage? Seems like additional proof that you are actually married is needed.
Thank you for quick reply.

yes, I have picture with him of everyday till he was here in india. Also I have whatsapp fb chat of over past 12 months. While we got married in august 2019. Also yes we got married with hindu arya samaj vidhi and also i have engagement and sangeet ceremony pictures.
Please let me know how should I represent these proofs.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for quick reply.

yes, I have picture with him of everyday till he was here in india. Also I have whatsapp fb chat of over past 12 months. While we got married in august 2019. Also yes we got married with hindu arya samaj vidhi and also i have engagement and sangeet ceremony pictures.
Please let me know how should I represent these proofs.
How long were you together in person? Did you have a large ceremony?

mital1996

Dec 14, 2019
Hi canuk78,

Thank you for responding.

It is very common in India - Our Parents sets ups the meeting with the Boy and Girls with each other's’ family. If there is match, a Boy and girl shares the contact details and explore the likings of each other.
Similar way, I met his parents and him in December’18 in-person. They liked me very much and I also liked him too. So, We decided to get to know each other better. But after very short time, he had to flew to Canada for his Master Studies.
But, That didn’t stopped us. We were connected online. After sometime we decided that we should get married and our parents also agreed. Then, We planned our wedding in Aug’19. ( in 3 week Semester break).
Although, We spent only 15 days with each-other, It was enough to accommodate our traditional Wedding ceremony (3 days), our honeymoon in Goa, India (4 days) also managed to meet his extended family and relatives at his native place. (5 days).

I had mentioned that ours was arranged marriage in my application cover letter.

I have proof Whatsapp/ Facebook Chats and Video calls dating from January’19 to Now.

Please advice. How we can improve in 2nd application.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi canuk78,

Thank you for responding.

It is very common in India - Our Parents sets ups the meeting with the Boy and Girls with each other's’ family. If there is match, a Boy and girl shares the contact details and explore the likings of each other.
Similar way, I met his parents and him in December’18 in-person. They liked me very much and I also liked him too. So, We decided to get to know each other better. But after very short time, he had to flew to Canada for his Master Studies.
But, That didn’t stopped us. We were connected online. After sometime we decided that we should get married and our parents also agreed. Then, We planned our wedding in Aug’19. ( in 3 week Semester break).
Although, We spent only 15 days with each-other, It was enough to accommodate our traditional Wedding ceremony (3 days), our honeymoon in Goa, India (4 days) also managed to meet his extended family and relatives at his native place. (5 days).

I had mentioned that ours was arranged marriage in my application cover letter.

I have proof Whatsapp/ Facebook Chats and Video calls dating from January’19 to Now.

Please advice. How we can improve in 2nd application.
Arranged marriage is not a foreign concept and is pretty common is some population groups in Canada. Would encourage you to order CAIPS to know the exact reasons for refusal. Getting married in an arranged marriage and then applying immediately for a SOWP can raise some concerns especially after only one true visit after a match has been made. On top of that SOWP is not guaranteed for spouses of international students. If he is finishing his studies this spring I would just wait until he gets PGWP.

mital1996

Dec 14, 2019
Okay thank you.
I have one more concern that it is written somewhere in IRPR that if married couple is separated fro more then a year they are not considered spouses. Can that affect if I wait till he get PGWP? he is having permit till April 2021 while he's graduating in April 2020.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Okay thank you.
I have one more concern that it is written somewhere in IRPR that if married couple is separated fro more then a year they are not considered spouses. Can that affect if I wait till he get PGWP? he is having permit till April 2021 while he's graduating in April 2020.
That is for couples who are claiming they have separated and no longer want to be in a relationship.