+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse dependent open work permit has been rejected

Geethanjali

Aug 23, 2014
Hi all
This is geethanjali
I have applied for spouse dependent visa from VFS hyderabad on july 2nd 2014..My visa got rejected and the reasons mentioned was
1)" You have not demonstrated that you come within the exceptions under section 186 of the
Regulations exempting you from the requirement to obtain a work permit or that your
employment in Canada comes within the exceptions to section 203 of the Regulations. As a
result, your offer of employment must be the subject of an economic effect determination before
a work permit can be issued to you. Your employer in Canada should contact the local office of
Service Canada to begin this process.
2) you have not satisfied that you would leave canada by the end of the period authorized for you stay,In reaching this decision,I considered several factors,including
-your travel history
-your family ties in canada and in your country of residence
-your current employment situation
-your personal assets and financial status
Please help me out with these.I want to re apply by correcting the above mentioned points

leena12

Dec 24, 2013
Hi Geetangali,

I am on a student Visa in Canada and my husband was rejected too on the same reasons as you mentioned in point 2 when we gave all documents. As far as point 1 goes you have to submit the proof of your spouse's work/study. But I wish someone could guide us about the 2nd point you mentioned since my husband has been rejected twice on the same reasons.