+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse, CRS and Update profile

arvifsw

Jun 10, 2014
Hi Everyone,

I'm going to apply for Express entry in some days. I alone score 68 points.
Now my family is planning for my marriage. My GF has same education as mine and score same point. But she has not appeared in IELTS and has not evaluated education documents from WES. So If I'll try to include her in my application, I will take another 3 months including getting marriage certificate. Also, If I include her, CRS does down. So I prefer to apply alone.
So my plan is to apply alone once, but in next few months I'll be married. So how what would be process to bring my wife along/after me If I get visa.
Do I have to update express entry profile in between, If so, do she has to take IELTS.
Please let me know the process I should follow in this case.

Thank you.

sunichak

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As of today, you are not married. So you can create Express entry profile with your details. Continue with the process. Get your future wife's education credentials assessed and also IELTS.

Getting visa is going to take long time. Be true and keep updating your profile whenever there is a change. If you are married after two months, update your profile with your status and spouse information (she may not have IELTS and WES at that time). In another month or so, you can update her IELTS and WES details.

arvifsw

Jun 10, 2014
Thanks,
And what if I don't want to mention my spouse details, as this will effect my CRS. Is there any way please??
Awaiting response :)

Thanks in advance.

sunichak

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If your spouse is not accompanying you, then you need not give her details. If she is accompanying you, then points will be calculated as per "with spouse" section. Use the CRS tool. The first question they ask is are you married? And if your spouse is accompanying you.