+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSE CLASS Timeline Hong Kong Visa Office

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
To whom applying for the spouse class outside Canada and application transferred to Hong Kong visa office,

I would like to build up this thread to share our timeline together. Each case has its own timeline. I saw lots of applicants have been waiting for a very long time (several months or even over a year) after the files transferred to Hong Kong visa office. My case has just noticed that forwarded to HK office.

Waiting for the final result is a tough patient test. Hopefully those are at the same boat as me, can share our frustration and encourage each other together here. Everyone is welcome to join in this thread and share your timeline here.

Here is my timeline.
Applicant: from mainland China
Application received: Aug 19
Application AOR: Sept 20
Sponsor approval: Sept 24
Biometric and medical passed: Sept 29
Application forwarded to HK: Oct 9
Waiting for the further notice from IRCC
My long journey is just started...

Good luck, everyone!

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
I have an update in ECAS today.

Applicant: from mainland China
Application received: Aug 19
Application AOR: Sept 20
Sponsor approval: Sept 24
Biometric and medical passed: Sept 29
Application forwarded to HK: Oct 9
PA Status started processing: Oct 15

loussica

Apr 10, 2019
Not sure why it never occurred to me but now I’m very worried that the violence is definitely going to cause delays. And I’m frankly pissed because they should send an email for this kind of circumstance and tell us whether it’s effecting their productivity.

App Received June 6
Bio Request Aug 7
Medical Request Aug 8
Sponsor Approved Aug 12
Transferred to Hong Kong Aug 14
online tool says "Started processing on Aug 19"
Oct 31 Email from HK, maybe this is AOR2??? and also "It’s time to start thinking about your move to Canada and here are some resources that we hope you’ll find helpful."

any idea what could come next? The online tool says "Medical results received" but nothing about approval/passing

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
Not sure why it never occurred to me but now I’m very worried that the violence is definitely going to cause delays. And I’m frankly pissed because they should send an email for this kind of circumstance and tell us whether it’s effecting their productivity.

App Received June 6
Bio Request Aug 7
Medical Request Aug 8
Sponsor Approved Aug 12
Oct 31 Email from HK, maybe this is AOR2??? and also "It’s time to start thinking about your move to Canada and here are some resources that we hope you’ll find helpful."

any idea what could come next? The online tool says "Medical results received" but nothing about approval/passing
It seems your email received on Oct 31 is pre-arrival letter. Do you check your principal applicant status in ECAS?

loussica

Apr 10, 2019
It seems your email received on Oct 31 is pre-arrival letter. Do you check your principal applicant status in ECAS?
Nope that is just bulletin 1 apparently. It’s not services but just info about living in Canada like culture and whatnot. Like if you don’t know anything at all, here’s some info XD

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
Nope that is just bulletin 1 apparently. It’s not services but just info about living in Canada like culture and whatnot. Like if you don’t know anything at all, here’s some info XD
I saw other applicants shared in the forum. They received pre-arrival letter twice.

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
Hi, I received Bulletin 1 yesterday as well. Do you get the pre-arrival letter after Bulletin 1?

loussica

Apr 10, 2019
Hi, I received Bulletin 1 yesterday as well. Do you get the pre-arrival letter after Bulletin 1?
I’m not sure it could be the next step but probably would take a couple months. I got a request for more information so I bet our approval will be a while

Last edited:

loussica

Apr 10, 2019
Received June 6
Bio Request Aug 7
Medical Request Aug 8
Sponsor Approved Aug 12
Oct 31 "It’s time to start thinking about your move to Canada and here are some resources that we hope you’ll find helpful." (Dunno the name of this... Bulletin 1? AOR2?)
*NEW* Nov 27 Request for more info (proof of intent to move to Canada) due Dec 27

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
Received June 6
Bio Request Aug 7
Medical Request Aug 8
Sponsor Approved Aug 12
Oct 31 "It’s time to start thinking about your move to Canada and here are some resources that we hope you’ll find helpful." (Dunno the name of this... Bulletin 1? AOR2?)
*NEW* Nov 27 Request for more info (proof of intent to move to Canada) due Dec 27
If there is Bulletin 1, the subject of the email will be 'Bulletin 1: Important Information About your Immigration Application'. Before I received it, I thought the AOR2 was Bulletin 1.

jerry22880

Aug 23, 2019
China
Update! Pre arrival today :D

How is yours going
I like to hear your good news. But I am still waiting for the pre-arrival letter. I saw lots of applicants who received the bulletin 1 on the same day as mine had their pre-arrival letters. I am really worried about my application.

I wish you have decision made and passport request soon.

mike123456789

May 9, 2023
I like to hear your good news. But I am still waiting for the pre-arrival letter. I saw lots of applicants who received the bulletin 1 on the same day as mine had their pre-arrival letters. I am really worried about my application.

I wish you have decision made and passport request soon.
Can you please share your timeline of your application as my application is In Hong Kong. Your reply will be much appreciated. thanks