+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSE CHANGE OF NAME AFTER MARRIAGE(PLEASE HELP)

ijawson

Mar 25, 2017
I got nominated for permanent residence through the provincial nominee program in January and got Married in February 2017.After the marriage my wife assumed my last name having gone through the required process with valid document as proof to show.l am currently having a problem as to which name i should use for her in my permanent resident application with regards to her surname.The reason is that,as a result of administrative delays relating to shortage of print materials experienced by the Immigration Service of my Country.International passport due for collection could not be produced.For this fact,i am unable to provide her updated passport at the moment.

More so,owing to the time constraint on my provincial nomination certificate,i am compelled to send my application for permanent residence using international passport under her Maiden name pending when her updated passport will be ready,and if requested at some point by CIC it will be made available.Can someone with similar experience help on this subject matter?Which name should i maintain in the application?Maiden name or my Family name.Will this issue not expose my application to potential delay or otherwise?Your constructive and urgent opinion will be appreciated.

l currently live in Alberta and was nominated here.

Thanks in anticipation.

ashuindian

VIP Member
Jan 5, 2016
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
4Jan16
Nomination.....
01Jun16
AOR Received.
17Jan17
File Transfer...
09 Feb17
Med's Request
08 Jun17
Med's Done....
13 Jun17
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2018
ijawson said:
I got nominated for permanent residence through the provincial nominee program in January and got Married in February 2017.After the marriage my wife assumed my last name having gone through the required process with valid document as proof to show.l am currently having a problem as to which name i should use for her in my permanent resident application with regards to her surname.The reason is that,as a result of administrative delays relating to shortage of print materials experienced by the Immigration Service of my Country.International passport due for collection could not be produced.For this fact,i am unable to provide her updated passport at the moment.

More so,owing to the time constraint on my provincial nomination certificate,i am compelled to send my application for permanent residence using international passport under her Maiden name pending when her updated passport will be ready,and if requested at some point by CIC it will be made available.Can someone with similar experience help on this subject matter?Which name should i maintain in the application?Maiden name or my Family name.Will this issue not expose my application to potential delay or otherwise?Your constructive and urgent opinion will be appreciated.

l currently live in Alberta and was nominated here.

Thanks in anticipation.
You have to use your family name with spouse name. I think your marriage certificate is enough to prove that. And after that you can enclose her passport for the same.

ijawson

Mar 25, 2017
Remember that i said her updated passport is still being processed.On the lmm 0008 form,there is a section that needs her passport information like:passport name,number etc.Supposing i am using or use my family name that she has no passport for,what information will i provide in that section?Is it not advisable to use her Maiden name so that i could provide the same exact information on her passport in that section that requires the above details?The available passport we have right now is her maiden passport.Her updated passport will be produced as soon as the immigration service of my country resolves the shortage of printing material.

Thanks for your anticipated reply.

ashuindian

VIP Member
Jan 5, 2016
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
4Jan16
Nomination.....
01Jun16
AOR Received.
17Jan17
File Transfer...
09 Feb17
Med's Request
08 Jun17
Med's Done....
13 Jun17
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2018
ijawson said:
Remember that i said her updated passport is still being processed.On the lmm 0008 form,there is a section that needs her passport information like:passport name,number etc.Supposing i am using or use my family name that she has no passport for,what information will i provide in that section?Is it not advisable to use her Maiden name so that i could provide the same exact information on her passport in that section that requires the above details?The available passport we have right now is her maiden passport.Her updated passport will be produced as soon as the immigration service of my country resolves the shortage of printing material.

Thanks for your anticipated reply.
1 This is better to wait for new passport.
2. If u r not in a position to wait,
Apply with existing passport and put details as it is in Generic form. In addition, enclose a letter of explanation about the situation. You can send details of new passport when will get it, through case specific inquiry.
But, option 1 is always better

ashuindian

VIP Member
Jan 5, 2016
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
4Jan16
Nomination.....
01Jun16
AOR Received.
17Jan17
File Transfer...
09 Feb17
Med's Request
08 Jun17
Med's Done....
13 Jun17
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2018
ijawson said:
Thank you so much.
One more thing, u can upload spouse's new passport photocopy pages through case specific inquiry as well, there is an option in second page for this.

ijawson

Mar 25, 2017
I honestly appreciate this information.l knew about case specific inquiry but I didn't realize it could be used for passport update.The information you gave has given me peace of mind.l would wait one more week and see if the immigration service in my country could resolve the issue of production,if they can't.l will have to use her maiden names then update my application immediately I have a file number.Thank you so so much.

ashuindian

VIP Member
Jan 5, 2016
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
4Jan16
Nomination.....
01Jun16
AOR Received.
17Jan17
File Transfer...
09 Feb17
Med's Request
08 Jun17
Med's Done....
13 Jun17
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2018
LANDED..........
15-05-2018
ijawson said:
I honestly appreciate this information.l knew about case specific inquiry but I didn't realize it could be used for passport update.The information you gave has given me peace of mind.l would wait one more week and see if the immigration service in my country could resolve the issue of production,if they can't.l will have to use her maiden names then update my application immediately I have a file number.Thank you so so much.
ha ha ha, that's why I have written my signature already,
I Am not an expert.

ijawson

Mar 25, 2017
Hey sorry to bother you with this.
I have submitted my application to Sydney, NS as a Provincial Nominee for permanent resident since three weeks now. I totally forgot to write my name and DOB on back of the photo. Although I do have the date taken and photographer stamp.Will my application be rejected, any suggestions?
Thanks

VinaVolla

May 12, 2017
Hello every one,

I am sponsoring my patents and my husband is my cosigner. We both asked for provincial name change while ago but it is not confirmed yet, I mean we are still waiting for the approval. Should I mention the new names we are waiting for as used names in the forms or I should not since the process is not complete yet?!

CIC phone is always busy I tried calling them a lot but could not get to talk to any agent.

Thanks a lot :)

Crownking

Star Member
Dec 21, 2015
Hey sorry to bother you with this.
I have submitted my application to Sydney, NS as a Provincial Nominee for permanent resident since three weeks now. I totally forgot to write my name and DOB on back of the photo. Although I do have the date taken and photographer stamp.Will my application be rejected, any suggestions?
Thanks

Your application will not be rejected but they will return to you causing the delay of your application. You will expect to receive d in a month or so because they will send by regular mail.