+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSE APPLICATIONS TRANSFERRED TO *CPC- OTTAWA*

johnny1186

Jul 8, 2020
I think you should have got a PPR.

Even for visa-exempt passport holders, they would need to ask for current photographs. And they also always ask for at least photocopy or scan of passport, because they need to make sure they are issuing the COPR with current passport details.

So as far as I'm aware, there is always a PPR even in cases where most of the 'copr/visa' process can be done electronically.

But perhaps I've missed something about your process and what's been done. Mistakes do happen at IRCC too, of course.

You may be right and I wouldn't know because as I said, everything is done by the lawyer in Toronto. :)

And yes,my lawyer has those photos, passport copies, etc. of my wife.

johnny1186

Jul 8, 2020
Same here......DM on Jan 05, 2021, no copr till now....

Have you/ your wife travel to Canada by visitor visa/ eTA?
Well, we are currently staying in Hong Kong and we are planning to leave in mid July, so hopefully we will receive the COPR by then.

Otherwise, she can travel to Canada by eTA as HKers are visa-exempted (for 6 months). That's the "Plan B" that my lawyer suggested.

sunyanzighost

Aug 24, 2020
Well, we are currently staying in Hong Kong and we are planning to leave in mid July, so hopefully we will receive the COPR by then.

Otherwise, she can travel to Canada by eTA as HKers are visa-exempted (for 6 months). That's the "Plan B" that my lawyer suggested.
I am in the exact same situation as you do.

I am also from Hong Kong, Feb 2020 applicant and also my file is still in Ottawa VO.

l am planning to return to Canada in Jun 2021 too.
Will you being going to Vancouver or Toronto?

Reactions: lovemydoggie

lovemydoggie

Star Member
Apr 29, 2020

I am also from Hong Kong, Feb 2020 applicant and also my file is still in Ottawa VO.

I’m thinking of doing the same thing. We’re both living in Japan now and we’re waiting on PPR. It would be ideal for us to move to Canada in July. I guess my Japanese husband can come with ETA but would that interfere with our Outland application?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I guess my Japanese husband can come with ETA but would that interfere with our Outland application?
No, it won't interfere.

When you arrive, you should both update your addresses with IRCC. The sponsor because moving will remove/reduce the analysis of 'intent to return to Canada' (also update if sponsor gets a job). The applicant - because for PR applicants approved while in Canada, the 'landing' process will be virtual and done while in Canada.

Reactions: lovemydoggie

johnny1186

Jul 8, 2020

Hi Sun ! I am planning to goto Alberta, neither TO or VAN. Haha.